Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544644 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #7260 on: December 02, 2015, 08:17:31 pm »

I just can't figure out why the gunmen went north instead of south. They were a minute from a highway, but chose residential streets. I'm so damn confused.

Well, I10 could arguably be worse than surface streets on any given day....

Actually, that might be it, they wanted to avoid heavy traffic, and rush hour traffic can get pretty bad, but it happened at noon, so they'd have an hour at least before they have to go on surface roads.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: December 02, 2015, 08:18:47 pm »

Maybe they thought they could lose the police in the back streets but not the highway, and didn't account for helicopters?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: December 02, 2015, 08:24:36 pm »

From what I've heard, an officer who was doing a followup in that area (not sure if it was in relation to the shooting or something else) spotted the car or something.

Also the suspects in the SUV had pipe bombs and threw them out of the car during the chase, but the terrorism angle doesn't completely fit here.

When is that conference starting? They said 10 minutes ago, but it's been over 10 min.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: December 02, 2015, 08:34:38 pm »

Theres also a search in the Redlands area of California which looks like it's connected to this, so, investigation is moving quick.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: December 02, 2015, 08:50:48 pm »

Press conf. now.

They followed tips to a residence in Redmond, so, yeah, that's connected, possibly.

Two suspects dead, one male, one female, I think he said a third person on the loose.

The FBI guy said there are investigators at the suspects home, so, things moving quick.

FBI guy confirms third suspect.

Now the sherrif guy says that the third person is detained, I think, but the actual third suspect could still be around.

Apparently there was some kind of dispute and someone left, but doesn't know if that person is the shooter.

They're not giving out much information right now on details and all, since investigation is still happening.

IMO, seems very extreme for a disgruntled worker and all the heavily armored and armed stuff plus pipe bombs seems like more planning and armament for a disgruntled worker.....
Out of the two suspects killed, one male, one female. Both heavily armed.

EDIT: And there is a third suspect. Not necessarily involved. Detained.

They were like there is a third suspect/shooter and they have detained a third person, who may or may not be the shooter, but aren't clear on whether the actual third shooter is still running around.

Edit: As the correspondent said, it seems too planned for someone who is mad at someone.

I hope we get more information soon since nothing is making complete sense here.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:54:12 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: December 02, 2015, 09:28:49 pm »

I find it interesting that authorities are staying mum on the shooters' ethnic/racial identity. I feel like ideologues are perched with baited breath on either side, waiting like an episode of Scooby Doo to see who's under the mask.

"Old Man Johnson???"

EDIT: Just revealed, third suspect is named as Sayeed Farouk.
So....confetti and party horns just broke out at FOX News.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:33:06 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: December 02, 2015, 09:40:35 pm »

In the audio of the officer that encountered those people, he/she said that they were chasing after someone with dark skin, but even that is rather vague. Also, the journalists didn't really ask about ethnicity.

But yeah, I guess they are keeping ethnicity details close until they find out the identities of the shooters 100% for sure.

They're currently doing a slow and methodical raid on an apartment in Redlands using one of those robots like they use for investigating suspicious packages. Not sure if they've actually gotten inside yet, probbly.

I find it interesting that authorities are staying mum on the shooters' ethnic/racial identity. I feel like ideologues are perched with baited breath on either side, waiting like an episode of Scooby Doo to see who's under the mask.

"Old Man Johnson???"

Like literally they broke out confetti and party horns?

CNN hasn't said anything on the third suspect and that person might not even be related to the whole thing. Though I'd wonder what the heck he was doing in the car.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: December 02, 2015, 09:41:31 pm »

Possibly...but I dunno. Sounding more and more like a terrorist attack, though different from the MO I would have expected.

Also seeing the name listed as Farooq Saeed. Not clear whether this has been divulged by police or by people listening to the police scanner. Foreign news orgs are reporting this name as well.

In the audio of the officer that encountered those people, he/she said that they were chasing after someone with dark skin, but even that is rather vague. Also, the journalists didn't really ask about ethnicity.

But yeah, I guess they are keeping ethnicity details close until they find out the identities of the shooters 100% for sure.

They're currently doing a slow and methodical raid on an apartment in Redlands using one of those robots like they use for investigating suspicious packages. Not sure if they've actually gotten inside yet, probbly.

"Old Man Johnson???"

Like literally they broke out confetti and party horns?

CNN hasn't said anything on the third suspect and that person might not even be related to the whole thing. Though I'd wonder what the heck he was doing in the car.
Oh, every interview with witnesses that I heard included questions about skin color, hair color, etc.

And no, the confetti and party horn thing was a bitter joke. Because if it does turn out to be Islamic terrorists (or even just shooters of Middle Eastern descent), they're going to ride that gravy train for all it's worth.

EDIT: Syed Farooq also mentioned as working for the CA Dept of Public Health. So....maybe it's a disgruntled employee after all? But who has two friends willing to put on full tactical gear and go murder people?? This is just bizarre.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:50:41 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: December 02, 2015, 09:49:23 pm »

Possibly...but I dunno. Sounding more and more like a terrorist attack, though different from the MO I would have expected.

Also seeing the name listed as Farooq Saeed. Not clear whether this has been divulged by police or by people listening to the police scanner. Foreign news orgs are reporting this name as well.

Yeah it's sounding more and more like a terrorist attack, but for all their preparation and stuff, the target doesn't make a whole lot of sense and they usually aim for body count, not a quick spray of bullets and then out.

Anyhow, the republicans are going to start screaming even frenzier and donald trump is going to bellow "AAAAHHH TOOOOOOUUULLLLLL YEEEEEHHHWHWWWW SEEEEHHHHWWWWWWW *BRAYS LIKE A DONKEY*"

Edit: They're still prepping the robot looks like, and they haven't opened the door of the apartment I guess.

Edit2: Or maybe the robot is inside and they went through a window or something, it's not clear if they are searching right now or if they will be.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:04:40 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: December 02, 2015, 10:05:17 pm »

All this was a distraction, sheeple! The real story of the day was that Alex Jones interviewed Donald Trump via Skype today. The global cartel obviously organized this spectacle to distract Americans from the sheer supernova of Truthiness that resulted.

(fuck....I've turned into that guy, haven't I? bodies aren't even cold yet and I'm making black humor of it)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: December 02, 2015, 10:13:39 pm »

EDIT: Syed Farooq also mentioned as working for the CA Dept of Public Health. So....maybe it's a disgruntled employee after all? But who has two friends willing to put on full tactical gear and go murder people?? This is just bizarre.
Maybe a disgruntled employee who convinced a terrorist cell that "No, really, this is an excellent target"?

Or maybe there were multiple people pissed off at the Dept. of Public Health (or someone working for it) and they all happened to be loony enough to want to try this.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: December 02, 2015, 10:21:03 pm »

Or maybe they were already in a terrorist cell and the guy got into a dispute, got angry and decided 'F this, we're going now', with the IRC not even being the main target or the planned target. Which could explain some of their odd behavior, it wasn't even the origional plan in the first place.

Editwhiletyping: Turns out the 'pipe bombs' tossed out during the chase were fake.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:24:39 pm by smjjames »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: December 02, 2015, 10:26:11 pm »

Maybe it was a nefarious plot to drive ten million e-commentators insane trying to determine motive in a nonsensical crime.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: December 02, 2015, 10:29:33 pm »

"Old Man Johnson???"

I'm just waiting for the other suspects to be called Shauna Brown and Richard Bateman.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1342