Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544812 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #7230 on: December 02, 2015, 05:13:58 pm »

Ye gods...these journalists at the chief's press conference are idiots.

Huh? I missed the journalist comments as I was trying to do a search to see if I could glean information.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: December 02, 2015, 05:18:08 pm »

Ninjas that nobody else noticed? :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: December 02, 2015, 05:18:21 pm »

Latest eyewitness states that the shooters were dressed in "all black" with body armor.

WTF? Mafia? Rogue SWAT team? Rainbow Six promo event gone horribly, horribly wrong?

The only advice I can give is wait for about six hours.  Then we may, I repeat, may, have some idea of what is going on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: December 02, 2015, 05:20:42 pm »

Latest eyewitness states that the shooters were dressed in "all black" with body armor.

WTF? Mafia? Rogue SWAT team? Rainbow Six promo event gone horribly, horribly wrong?

I saw one or two of those videos being like rogue SWAT team, but I'm pretty sure the mafia bit was my own pulled-outta-my-ass off the wall no-idea-what-im-talking-about theory.

Conspiracy theories are going to thrive until we get more information, so.....

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: December 02, 2015, 05:21:37 pm »

Protip: THe youtube life feed can be pushed back in time. ;)

Best I can get to the timestamp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kL1h5ZkpFI&t=125m0s
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:26:49 pm by wierd »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: December 02, 2015, 05:26:58 pm »

Ok, I have to just unplug from all this. Mass shootings just kind of....fuck me up, for lack of a better term.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: December 02, 2015, 05:29:59 pm »

Yeah, all you'd need for that is a trip to an army surplus store (if that) and a legally purchased AR-15 or something, Joe Blow isn't gonna know the difference.
I wasn't saying that fatigues indicated it actually was the government or something stupid like that. Just that it's more the "look" of a militia nutbag than an ISIS nutbag or a black trenchcoat nutbag.

Yeah, I get that, I was just saying that that sort of getup is absurdly easy to assemble, and could be used by just about anyone who wanted to--actual militia crazies, some weird-ass mercs, lone-wolf crazies going postal, some other group with an agenda who just happened to find it convenient/wanted to false-flag as militia crazies, &c.

What they're dressed like doesn't make much of a difference if it's something anyone can get. But if it was really a department party that got hit, I'm putting my money on disgruntled worker.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: December 02, 2015, 05:30:44 pm »

Ok, I have to just unplug from all this. Mass shootings just kind of....fuck me up, for lack of a better term.
This may sound harsh, but no, you should not.  If I remember correctly, you did this as a job when you worked for the feds*, but recognizing that it is an abhorrent problem puts in better position than the rest of us who have been desensitized to atrocities such as this.  We need someone to recognize just how awful this is here, after all, and not just shuffle it away as "oh well, it happens".
*Or a contractor working for the feds, I think.  Correct me if I am incorrect.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: December 02, 2015, 05:34:39 pm »

With how professional this seems, it leaves only one question:

1) Who did they hit?

I mean, there is one statement saying it was the Department of Public Health holiday party, but that hasn't been corroborated. Was this just a practice thing by the shooter(s) to see if they could hit a crowded event and get away without getting caught, with the expectation of bigger fish to fry?

Uh, dry runs are a thing, they'd have to be hypercocky if this is a 'dry run' for them.

And I agree, this is just too organized, too targeted, planned down to the dot, that's what gave me the Mafia thought because of the professionalism, but it's rather 'loud' for a Mafia hit kind of thing.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: December 02, 2015, 05:38:17 pm »

Everyone knows the mafia is in New York, and it's protecting it from ISIS, not carrying out mass murders. ;D

The only advice I can give is wait for about six hours.  Then we may, I repeat, may, have some idea of what is going on.

Yeah. Eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable.

Ispil: I wouldn't expect the odds of not being found to be particularly high.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: December 02, 2015, 05:39:18 pm »

What in blazes is going on? Terrorists? In San Bernadino? I for one will sit tight and wait for more information before jumping to conclusions.

Questions I would like answered (if you can answer them now, by all means do so):
  • What actually happened?
  • Are we confirmed on multiple gunmen?
  • Terrorism? Or is that just speculation?
  • If it's terrorism, does it seem like a domestic group, or an international one?
  • What was the gunmen's plan, to the extent that they had one?
  • Where is the investigation now?
  • Are there suspects still loose?
  • Is there any possibility of further attacks and/or fighting?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: December 02, 2015, 05:40:56 pm »

The youtube link I made jumps almost straight away to the most recent conference with investigators on the status of the investigation of this event.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: December 02, 2015, 05:42:15 pm »

Are there even mafia in California?  Or by mafia, you mean mexican cartel or something?

Honestly, ain't any useful news right now.  Won't be till at least morning.  Let the man unplug... something is wrong when you are trying to exhort/guilt someone to be a morale compass for a forum.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: December 02, 2015, 05:48:26 pm »

With how professional this seems, it leaves only one question:

1) Who did they hit?

I mean, there is one statement saying it was the Department of Public Health holiday party, but that hasn't been corroborated. Was this just a practice thing by the shooter(s) to see if they could hit a crowded event and get away without getting caught, with the expectation of bigger fish to fry?

Again, that makes sense as a target. IIRC isn't the area full of farmed-out social service jobs and such? That gives a massive pool of potential disgruntled employees (and possibly clients as well). The whole "organized operation" thing is even more speculative than that, and possibly is rooted in the people calling it a rogue SWAT team or false flag attack. That the shooter might have been dressed in fatigues and hasn't been caught this early in means just about nothing as far as identity and motives go.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: December 02, 2015, 05:50:19 pm »

I guess on Mexican Cartel, but that was wild speculation.

What in blazes is going on? Terrorists? In San Bernadino? I for one will sit tight and wait for more information before jumping to conclusions.

Answers in bold. Also, EVERYBODY is wondering what the hell is going on.

Questions I would like answered (if you can answer them now, by all means do so):
  • What actually happened? A shooting happened, people are dead and injured, there is little information going on.
  • Are we confirmed on multiple gunmen? Unknown, they're saying as many as three.
  • Terrorism? Or is that just speculation? Unknown
  • If it's terrorism, does it seem like a domestic group, or an international one? Unknown
  • What was the gunmen's plan, to the extent that they had one? Unknown
  • Where is the investigation now? About the same place the Paris attack investigation was this far into the incident.
  • Are there suspects still loose? Well, they certainly didn't find any dead people with guns yet or captured anybody
  • Is there any possibility of further attacks and/or fighting? Would you take the risk that there will be? The officials of San Bernardino aren't taking any chances.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:00:18 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 1342