Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546290 times)

Kazturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump's Narcissism Appreciation Megathread
« Reply #3735 on: August 21, 2015, 11:42:15 am »

Really? What things, in particular? Don't get me wrong, that's not a rhetorical question, I'm legitimately curious. There's a lot about Clinton's reputation that doesn't make sense to me based on the brief research I've done.

Her warhawkery maybe?

I'm also wondering what things in particular though.

@baffler: I don't think even dropping a brick on the brakes would be enough, more like a 10 ton brick on the car itself.

Yep, makes me uneasy that the dem. front runner has more kills to her name than every republican candidate combined. The email thing is a farce as far as I'm concerned, but her foreign policy track record is legitimately disgusting to me.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: August 21, 2015, 11:52:40 am »

Really? What things, in particular? Don't get me wrong, that's not a rhetorical question, I'm legitimately curious. There's a lot about Clinton's reputation that doesn't make sense to me based on the brief research I've done.

Her warhawkery maybe?

I'm also wondering what things in particular though.

@baffler: I don't think even dropping a brick on the brakes would be enough, more like a 10 ton brick on the car itself.

Yep, makes me uneasy that the dem. front runner has more kills to her name than every republican candidate combined. The email thing is a farce as far as I'm concerned, but her foreign policy track record is legitimately disgusting to me.

Are you kidding me? Her foreign policy is the #1 reason i'm voting for Hillary. Her "warhawkery" as you put it is a preferable response to the overriding noncommittal attitude we've all witnessed from Obama himself. Warhawkery is bad enough, but standing idly by and making empty threats is ten times worse.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: August 21, 2015, 11:53:20 am »

What do you mean more kills to her name than the republican candidates combined? Also, what do you find disgusting about her foreign policy? Just wondering what you mean particularly here.

Edit: Urist McScoopbeard has a point there.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:55:12 am by smjjames »

Kazturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: August 21, 2015, 11:58:36 am »

Her involvement with drone strikes on what the state department call military targets, for one, and her handling of the Benghazi incident for another. Drone strikes are often conducted with poor intelligence and are tantamount to murder of civilians in many cases.

Edit: his point would be fine if she had been good at her job. As far as I'm concerned, she's a literal child-murderer.

Edit of the edit: that's not a jab at abortion policy, it's a jab at her signing off on predator drone strikes on civilian populations. Thought that might bear clarification, given the furthest right candidates rhetoric on the same.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:10:53 pm by Kazturkey »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: August 21, 2015, 12:15:12 pm »

Literally almost every high ranking cabinet member, cabinet-level executive, or even important staffer under both the Bush and Obama administrations are in some way responsible for thousands of innocent deaths. Not to excuse such deadly and ironic shows of force, but Hillary just officially sanctioned the expansion of the program. As for Benghazi, that was hardly her fault, and happened at level a bit below her position frankly. Indeed, the media vilified her to an extreme. I mean, do you really think that somewhat who is constantly described as hawkish would let security slip in an embassy in a hostile area if she had any knowledge of it?

She IS good at her job, damn good, and people like to pick her apart for being aggressive when the world is pretty fucking aggressive towards us. The email thing is her one major flop, and honestly is being handled incorrectly. I wouldn't doubt if that kind of thing was common place.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: August 21, 2015, 12:17:11 pm »

We're just going to get more years of congress refusing to do a damn thing in favor of anything because they don't like the president, regardless of who wins. Even if trump manages to do so despite everything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: August 21, 2015, 12:23:45 pm »

Her involvement with drone strikes on what the state department call military targets, for one, and her handling of the Benghazi incident for another. Drone strikes are often conducted with poor intelligence and are tantamount to murder of civilians in many cases.

Edit: his point would be fine if she had been good at her job. As far as I'm concerned, she's a literal child-murderer.

Edit of the edit: that's not a jab at abortion policy, it's a jab at her signing off on predator drone strikes on civilian populations. Thought that might bear clarification, given the furthest right candidates rhetoric on the same.

Uh-huh, uh-huh...

Donald "How do we solve this problem with poor immigrants? I know! Let's rob them blind and make their children starve to death and round them up in detention centers and kick them so hard across the border that they won't be able to walk back again. That'll teach 'em!" Trump is totally superior to child-killing, blood drinking Billary Rodham Clinton. 

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: August 21, 2015, 12:33:00 pm »

The email thing is her one major flop, and honestly is being handled incorrectly. I wouldn't doubt if that kind of thing was common place.

If anyone other then Hillary Clinton had this email problem, it would be at most page 30 news.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: August 21, 2015, 12:57:53 pm »

Donald "How do we solve this problem with poor immigrants? I know! Let's rob them blind and make their children starve to death and round them up in detention centers and kick them so hard across the border that they won't be able to walk back again. That'll teach 'em!" Trump is totally superior to child-killing, blood drinking Billary Rodham Clinton.
And this is why America doesn't need to be made great again. As you can see, America is already great. We have a vampire running for President!

Kazturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: August 21, 2015, 03:06:39 pm »

Literally almost every high ranking cabinet member, cabinet-level executive, or even important staffer under both the Bush and Obama administrations are in some way responsible for thousands of innocent deaths. Not to excuse such deadly and ironic shows of force, but Hillary just officially sanctioned the expansion of the program. As for Benghazi, that was hardly her fault, and happened at level a bit below her position frankly. Indeed, the media vilified her to an extreme. I mean, do you really think that somewhat who is constantly described as hawkish would let security slip in an embassy in a hostile area if she had any knowledge of it?

She IS good at her job, damn good, and people like to pick her apart for being aggressive when the world is pretty fucking aggressive towards us. The email thing is her one major flop, and honestly is being handled incorrectly. I wouldn't doubt if that kind of thing was common place.

"All the cool kids are doing it" is not an excuse. She signed it, the buck on that one stopped with her. In my eyes, she's culpable.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: August 21, 2015, 03:19:50 pm »

"All the cool kids are doing it" is not an excuse. She signed it, the buck on that one stopped with her. In my eyes, she's culpable.

Shouldn't you also blame Obama? He's the one who okays the drone warfare stuff.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: August 21, 2015, 03:31:40 pm »

Okay so I don't want to distract from the serious discussion that's happening but did anyone know that Waka Flocka Flame is running for president? He announced on 4/20 but I just heard about it. This election cycle just keeps getting better.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: August 21, 2015, 03:41:50 pm »

I first read that as drone waterboard stuff.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3748 on: August 21, 2015, 04:13:19 pm »

I first read that as drone waterboard stuff.

Also accurate.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: August 21, 2015, 04:54:32 pm »

Wouldn't that just short-circuit the drones? I mean, I'm sure they have weatherproofing, but obviously you need to cut a hole in the front to pour the water in.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 1342