Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What was your first post?  (Read 1313 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
What was your first post?
« on: January 05, 2015, 04:04:27 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a thread for FG&RP or General discussion, but i'll just post it here because this is the best board of the entire forum :p

So, as the title says, what was your first post? Mine was:
The Hills of Squirting
Which might seem very strange, but it was in the "Funniest Names" thread.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first post?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:05:50 pm »

Hey guys new to the forum, I've been lurking for the past 6 months and I just wanted to say This Thread is truly awesome.Also Read through the thread and I honestly lost track of what was what past page 60 something can somebody give me a basic rundown on what's happened so far.

Twas in the Ye Gods OOC Thread.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 04:06:54 pm »

Hello. I'm new to roll to dodge, and this looks like fun. Is there anything for me to know about, specifically how do i introduce my character? i know how to make it, just not sure how to introduce. last, im typing on a ps3, so i can bold, so il [bracket] what i want to do, if that's ok. thank you and that about it i think.

Einsteinian Roulette. My "Hello post".
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 04:07:06 pm »

yes this is all well and good but there is a slight problem here.

merely the fact that most of this was copied almost word for word from https://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=132707&start=25

unless you are the same guy.

additionally, i just registered now.

Five years. Man.

Past me was annoying.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 05:56:06 pm »

okay 1st of all great mod first one ive added to my repertoire since i dont like game changing or anything being easier, the whole point of df is that you survive despite huge seiges and creepy stuff trying to maul you, and even as you find better things to help you, the enemies get stronger, and you're never safe. This is a principle that should be added to minecraft, imo, because it doesn't have enough threats. 2ndly, i think ive found 2 easter eggs in my game, so heres the screenshots.

1) Special Operations Pigeon

a spec ops pigeon? these guys are always around my fort, special pigeon easter egg?

2)Wierd Savant Guy
okay so I got this migrant wave on my 2nd year, and i was sorting them for what im going to stick them doing, and i go to the last one, pull up his skills and hes got something wierd about him.

Whats a savant skill? I figure i should go check the info screen since this guy is probably some wierd savant or a hidden caste or something, and i get this.

Whats enchanting? I dont see an enchanting related workshop. Is this a super secret eaqster egg? Maybe a new feature? In any case, anyone know what this guy is used as? I might as well use him for his savant skill, but i have no idea where to put him.
Well that's just painful for me to look at. Fix your typing, past me.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 06:00:18 pm »

I had a dwarf die of starvation once, while stuck in a flooding chamber.  This one fills vertically, with five squares on the right side of the room.  The left side holds the drains.  For some reason, this idiot was on break while the room was being flooded.  I was too busy watching a tantrumming clothier kill people..  The clothier broke the lever that stops the flow of water.  The only thing left to do was to open the floodgates to the floor bars that act as the drains..  He couldn't make it against the flow of water, and starved to death.<P>Well, no, never happened.  But it would be about what it would take to top that idiot.

Please note, that was about a year and two months after I first joined.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 06:01:36 pm »

Final Fantasy Mod
V.1.2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RACES:
Playable:
The Qu - Indomitable, blue, genderless creatures who have a knack for using cookery as weapons, armor and clothing. Have access to the Runic Forge and Mognet Post.
The Moogles - Small, furry cat-like humanoids who are known for a mail system. Have access to the Runic Forge, Mognet Central, and the Summoning Circle.
And of course the Dwarves.
Both have the same nobles as dwarves and are played the same way.

Other:
Tonberry- Green,reptilian creatures who are skilled with knives, ambushes and sneaking. They are also incredibly obssessed with revenge. Will trade the Chef's Knife, an incredibly useful knife that can one-shot quite easily.
Cait Sith- Small humanoid cats. Nothing much special about these lot.
Cactuar - Humanoid cacti. Have the ability to blast needles at anything that moves. Simplistic, with not much else special about them.
Ronso - Feline humanoids, only taller, stronger, and much better at fighting. Imagine less tree-loving elves.

Workshops:

Summoning Circle: A workshop which has to ability to 'summon' powerful megabeasts....for the right price.
Runic Forge : A special forge wherein you can attempt to forge some of the series' famous weapons, like the Excalibur.
Mognet: The Mognet System, constructed into a workshop. Useless for now, but stay tuned for updates!
Bestiary- A database on everything you know about the summons.

Fauna:

Encounters/Pets:
Catalyst- A small, unique creature with the ability to turn into a summon.
Chocobo- A loveable ostrich-like bird. Can be mounted. It has different castes with different powers.
Marlboro- A vile, disgusting plant-like shambles. It can infect and turn others into Marlboros.
Adamantoise- A large tortoise-like creature with a shell of pure adamantine.

Bosses:
Antlion- A gigantic insectoid monster. If captured, you can tame it and use it for your army. It's bodyparts are also INCREDIBLY valuable.
Warmech- A giant, nuclear-powered robot. (Yes, this was a monster in Final Fantasy.)
Sin- A giant, whale-like monstrosity. Mainly uses Gravity attacks, which will seriously slow down your troops.His main attack, Giga-Graviton will pretty much one-shot your army should they come in contact with it.
Shinryu- Dragon thingy. Stronger than Bahamut, so ignore the description. Has similar attacks to Tiamat, but luckily, isn't immune to them. ;)
Tiamat- A six-headed dragon. It's immune to fire, ice and thunder, making it quite annoying. Has fire, ice and thunder attacks.

Summons:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ores:
Magicite -Just under adamantine for usability. Lightweight, strong, but utterly useless for blunt weaponry.
Nethicite -Essentially, smeltable slade. Heavy, also strong, and very good for blunt weapons.
Manufactured Nethicite - A weaker form of natural Nethicite.
Auracite- Somewhere between the two for strength.

Summoning System :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magic!:
-That's right, there's magic in this mod now.
- Minimize the amount of secrets generated to get the best out of your world.
-Magic includes summon magic (Bahamut and Alexander only), Fire magic, Thunder magic, Ice magic, Wind magic and Gravity magic.
-To find these magicks, find a tower with a slab pertaining to it.
-You can also make potions from several specific encountered monsters.

Currently working on:
-Giving Qu unique interactions when they eat megabeast meat.
-Adding more summon magic.
-Giving adventurers easier ways of getting magic.
This is the link to the Final Fantasy Mod. Click and enjoy!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5088

DISCLAIMER: The Final Fantasy series is copyright of Square Enix, not me. Please don't sue me... ):
Any mod content in this can be used freely. Just give credit.
DISCLAIMER 2: This mod is NOT A TOTAL CONVERSION. This is intended to be played with normal DF. Do NOT blame me if your game crashes after deleting your normal raws believing it's ok to replace them with my raws. This mod is meant to be a MAJOR MOD, in the vein of Genesis and LFR, not a full conversion in the vein of Corrosion.
Does it count if your first post was a mod submission? Also, damn younger me was inexperienced at modding.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 06:04:53 pm »

What Armok said.

Screech loudly, tackle the antimage, and do what you did to that poor puddle of maimed goblin to him, start with the limbs to keep him screaming longer for more demoralization. After you finish with him, proceed to poison a paladin, tear off the other paladin's arms, and beat a warrior with them if Zarg hasn't killed the rest.

Pretty violent first post.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 07:04:39 pm »

> Examine fruit, then enter tower.
+1
Well, that certainly could have gone better. Then again, it could also have been much worse.
+1
also > Attempt to initiate diplomacy with the one hiding behind that tree.
This was long before I learned that diplomacy is for chumps.

PiotraperPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Optimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 12:54:34 pm »

Climatic music to listen to, while reading this post

By the Armok's lust for blood, I haven't posted anything yet, and everyone talks about me. Magic.

I am Peter and I am from Poland, so that's another time zone related voodoo magic for you to break your heads on. I'm interested in IT stuff and Pen&Paper RPGs. I enjoy playing indie games and I'm in love with tea.
Anyway, I've been lurking for quite a long time (mostly Forum Games and Roleplaying subforum) and I was like "dang son, I bored", so I finally made an account. Now the question is: What do I do next?

Oh and about my nickname. The English version of it would be something like PeterapperPL. I'm sticking with the Polish version though, only because I'm used to it.

And thank you for the PM, very heart-warming c:
This is what happens when someone introduces you to everyone before you even make an account. Which means nothing much happens other than everyone going "WOW, HELLO NEW GUY".
^ This side up ^
I have a degree in Procrastination
Known for doing stupid grammer mistakes

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 01:00:05 pm »

952,674 created wealth in 4th year.
The best I could do with almost no gems, very little metal. This mountain is worthless!

This about sums up everything for me....many years later, and that mountain has yet to produce. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 01:55:03 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you use TRAILING_DUST_FLOW as a sort of "Fus-Ro-Da" type attack?
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:TRAILING_DUST_FLOW]
  [CDI:ADV_NAME:FUS-RO-DA]
  [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
  [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
  [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
  [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
  [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
  [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:50]
Also, would I need to define a material for this to work properly?
I still don't understand modding.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 02:20:31 pm »

Become life.

I failed and became death.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 06:38:58 pm »

Or a no quality wooden crossbow so he can still kill enemy (S/he bash dwarfs with it)

I started with keeping people alive though horrible horrible beatings.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 06:44:45 pm »

(PURGED)
Yeah, uh....I kinda purged a lot of my early posts out of embarrassment. I managed to get cleverbot to admit it was a robot in two words.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: [1] 2