Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United: The Hira Region (OOC Thread)  (Read 21923 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United: The Hira Region (OOC Thread)
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2014, 01:34:23 am »

I wonder if it's just me or if there's a bit of DM-Ex-Machina going on around here. xD

Well think about it:

Your Riolu was a victim of uneccessary violence. Even in the wild, petty fights happen like that, and he probably hates fighting, so it would mean that he wouldn't want others to get hurt or kill.

As for the Croagunk, having a jolly nature, when you're happy, you're REALLY happy
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2014, 01:50:15 am »

That wasn't what I was referring to. I was mostly thinking of that crit he got in the Rival fight seemed oddly well timed, but it's fine either way.
You actually controlling my Riolu's actions outside of battle? Totally fine, I'm happy with that. Hell, I was kind of expecting him to intervene at some point. His Nature is gentle, as well, so it makes even more sense. xD

I agree that the early parts of the game probably need a little bit of GM help-along to get the ball rolling. Nothing wrong with it. >_>
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2014, 01:54:23 am »

That wasn't what I was referring to. I was mostly thinking of that crit he got in the Rival fight seemed oddly well timed, but it's fine either way.
You actually controlling my Riolu's actions outside of battle? Totally fine, I'm happy with that. Hell, I was kind of expecting him to intervene at some point. His Nature is gentle, as well, so it makes even more sense. xD

I agree that the early parts of the game probably need a little bit of GM help-along to get the ball rolling. Nothing wrong with it. >_>

Well, though you can give orders when they're asleep, the fact he would repeat his previous attack would be a default... Plus, he REALLY hated Oni and Randall

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2014, 02:24:33 am »

Yeah, it's fine. The main thing I was a bit iffy about was Foresight being used two turns in a row (where it can only be used EoT. >_>)
The circle is complete.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2014, 05:45:04 pm »

Question : How do fish fight out of water? Are they useless, or do they function normally? Similarly, in a water - based battle, how does for example Bulbasaur fare?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2014, 07:58:40 pm »

Fish have an overland speed but it tends to be incredibly low (Goldeen has a movement of 1, my Munchlax can walk circles around it)

Simply speaking in a water based battle your Balbasaur has a water movement of 3. It can dive underwater but can only stay underwater for 6 rounds (or 1 minute) before collecting an injury and getting another injury per round (In essence a pokemon can stay underwater, if perfectly uninjured, for 15 rounds). These injuries go away when they surface.

In fact it so far looks like all pokemon have a swim and overland speed. Hilariously Charizard is actually a quite competent water battler.

Though generally speaking fish like pokemon don't seem to get an overland speed higher then 3. It isn't a bad idea to train up their land speed.

Also fish don't drown in air.

Generally speaking there are no penalties involved in a water battle UNLESS we are talking about waist high water.

---

Also setting up training as a morning routine might be a good idea. 30 minute rest, to some amount of time training.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:38:50 pm by Neonivek »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2014, 10:42:55 pm »

Or you're a Charmander.
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2014, 11:05:17 pm »

Or you're a Charmander.

There are no penalties for a charmander jumping into water... Nor does water block fire attacks.

Mind you the underwater rules for this game are clearly unfinished. As the only way to move underwater is to use Dive... well during a battle...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2014, 11:09:49 pm »

Or you're a Charmander.

There are no penalties for a charmander jumping into water... Nor does water block fire attacks.

Mind you the underwater rules for this game are clearly unfinished. As the only way to move underwater is to use Dive... well during a battle...
I'll look into it and maybe house rule some other things.

As for one thing, I admit, I screwed up because I forgot to turn starter pokemon on when I used the randomizer. Whoops

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2014, 11:20:39 pm »

Ohh gawd its a froakie! and a Slowbro and a Magicarp... OHHH gawd I am relying on luck to get a Froakie... My favorite pokemon of the current generation. And Psychics are always good.

Curse my low charm!

Though, I think Charles wouldn't be as desperate to catch any of these ones. So I'll have him to the characteristically naďve thing to do here and see if he can just get them to come along.

It is still possible to catch one of these wild pokemon through charm... unless one of them wants to attack.

Sorry had a spasm, I need to remember I am playing Charles.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:29:41 pm by Neonivek »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2014, 11:38:43 pm »

I'm after the Froakie too, sorry Neon. >_>
Though you'll probably get it since I already got the Croagunk (which I intend on releasing at some point in the future. Hopefully to a good home or habitat.) which I have no intention of including in my final team. Or midpoint team, for that matter.

I'm going to challenge it to an honorable duel.

I'm gambling that it has a feisty or honorable or brave nature or something.

Also, apologies if it seems like my character's personality is fluctuating. There's a reason for that.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:49:30 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2014, 12:58:12 am »

Well Breeding stock isn't a bad idea for me.

Though it won't be until level 12 that I can guarantee what pokemon we get.

I already have some sense of what Pokémon Charles will want

Also no problem UXLZ, Froakie is awesome... but is sort of not a Charles pokemon.

Though when Charles gets a bit more serious, he might start becoming a bit more aggressive with his pokemon catching. There is ONE pokemon that I'll buy if I have to for Charles

It will never EVER appear in the wild... but I must have it!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:00:49 am by Neonivek »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2014, 01:09:59 am »

Well, it's not the Froakie I'm particularly interested in but the Greninja it evolves into. I'm thinking of having my character become a Dark, Steel or Water ace at some point, but it depends on if the GM intends on having Type Syncing as an option.
The circle is complete.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2014, 01:10:45 am »

Well Breeding stock isn't a bad idea for me.

Though it won't be until level 12 that I can guarantee what pokemon we get.

I already have some sense of what Pokémon Charles will want

Also no problem UXLZ, Froakie is awesome... but is sort of not a Charles pokemon.

Though when Charles gets a bit more serious, he might start becoming a bit more aggressive with his pokemon catching. There is ONE pokemon that I'll buy if I have to for Charles

It will never EVER appear in the wild... but I must have it!

Porygon? Or something else?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2014, 01:18:43 am »

Ohh gawd... Porygon... another one of my favorites (albeit one that isn't... THAT useful).. and oddly enough I like all its cousins too... such as Castform.

Is it wrong that generation 1 has like... a large chunk of my favorite pokemon

Anyhow no it is Farfetch'd

To admit I considered making Charles a normal type trainer... but in the end it just wasn't feasible. I went underdog because I wanted Charles to be the sort of trainer who always encourages his pokemon to be their best.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:23:32 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17