OSX
- 18 (5.9%)
Linux
- 45 (14.7%)
Other
- 13 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 306

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 110

Author Topic: Armok Vision Project, on Hiatus.  (Read 510293 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armok Vision Project, or realtime 3D dwarf fortress. Now with Patreon!
« Reply #390 on: September 13, 2015, 12:34:29 pm »

Armok Vision requires a newer version of remotefortressreader than is provided with DFHack 0.40.24-r3.

Any idea when DFHack 0.40.24-r4 will be released?  We've been waiting for a long time now, and the big DF release will probably be in a month or two... it'd be good to nail things down again before that.
remotefortressreader updates are more frequent than DFHack releases, so making a DFHack release wouldn't avoid the need to update the plugin manually in the future, if that's what you're asking.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Armok Vision Project, or realtime 3D dwarf fortress. Now with Patreon!
« Reply #391 on: September 13, 2015, 08:13:55 pm »

Any idea when DFHack 0.40.24-r4 will be released?  We've been waiting for a long time now, and the big DF release will probably be in a month or two... it'd be good to nail things down again before that.
I was planning on working on it this weekend but my computer broke and I'm migrating to a new one. Next weekend at the earliest. I plan on working on it then but I may or may not finish.
Good to hear things are on-track-ish, and I hope the migration goes smoothly.

remotefortressreader updates are more frequent than DFHack releases, so making a DFHack release wouldn't avoid the need to update the plugin manually in the future, if that's what you're asking.
I get that, but it's still been a long time - and as of 0.6a, using an older plugin just misses the new features rather than failing entirely.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: Armok Vision Project, or realtime 3D dwarf fortress. Hotfix Update!
« Reply #392 on: September 14, 2015, 02:26:09 am »

Very cool, thanks for making this. :D
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 15, 2015, 06:28:17 am »

I've begun using this program to document my "Minecart Barons" community game.  Lots of pretty pictures. Thanks, man.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 15, 2015, 11:29:44 pm »

Hi, just thought I would chime in to say thanks. My daily internet routine starts with checking the front page, then checking out this thread for developments. Thank You for your work on this. And thanks to expwnent and all the people that pitch in to dfhack to be able to allow you to make this and other helpful stuff. And of course peridexiserrant for being eager to add new stuff to the pack he is nice enough to maintain for us....

So Thanks again for working on this visulizer, even though you contribute to/help maintain  another great visulizer, its exciting to see it coming along!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 15, 2015, 11:42:13 pm »

Thanks for the appreciation.

Helps slightly lighten a rather shitty day I've been having.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 16, 2015, 01:07:06 pm »

So I updated things so that you don't strictly need an actual fort loaded to show something in Armok Vision.

If you connect while travelling in adventure mode or while chosing an embark site, it will show you the world map, though it won't be centered on the embark site in the latter case. I'm working on that.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 16, 2015, 03:35:13 pm »

Some thoughts:
1. It would be useful to have an option to be able to pick an arbitrary voxel on the map around which to pivot the viewpoint.  This would allow a user to keep the selected voxel always centered on the screen while they moved around it to "see" it from all sides.

2. At large distances, the z-up and z-down (I'm using 'q' and 'e' are there others?) moves in chunks larger than the draw distance, which causes the view to lack rendering at certain layers until I jig it up and down a few times, attempting not to overshoot the missing layer.  It would be useful to have the option to be able to z-up and z-down on a layer for layer basis, maybe even using the DF keys of "<" and ">" to do so.

3. Touching on points 1. and 2.: having an option to advance the view by one voxel at a time horizontally would be very useful as well.  Pin that functionality to the voxel an adventurer is at, for instance, and you'd be able to "see what he/she sees". 

Whether you can get the functionality to match with the game dwarves or not, the ability to have a "first person perspective" for whatever map is being drawn would be enormously popular.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 16, 2015, 07:34:06 pm »

Yeah, the z changing is a known issue that I'll be fixing.
The rest are also good suggestions.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 17, 2015, 04:58:11 am »

The adventure mode modeling is really useful, by the way.  It's helped me to find the main passage that ascends/descends in the dwarven fortress my adventurer began in with very little searching.  That alone has made it a very useful aid for the vanilla game.  Thank you for your work on this project.

I've been working on some assets for the game using Sketchup Make 2015: doors/doorframes, hatch-covers, table, chair and bed.  The doors have a hinge and latch on them so that they can be rendered in either "open", "closed" or "forbidden".  Also, using Stonesense as a guide, I've built a "Leatherworker" and "Loom" workshop.  All of these have been made into groups so they may be selected independently.
Question: how do you want these models organized?  Where would you like the files to be posted?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 17, 2015, 05:35:59 am »

Upload them anywhere and post them in the thread, I guess. Once I actually get buildings working, you can start submitting pull requests, if you like.

Actually, for the moment, just screenshots is fine.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:39:32 am by Japa »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 18, 2015, 03:51:18 am »

Ok.  That works.

You did a video using the "first person view" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miLcPRZvZIY. What is the command for getting that to happen?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 18, 2015, 04:38:34 am »

Just zoom in until it pops into first person. You need version 0.6 or above.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 18, 2015, 05:22:09 am »

Ah. thank you.

The models I have completed so far:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 110