Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112825 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 2
« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2014, 04:21:18 am »

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

head to the meet up for away teams then sort out some gear namely my SMG from last time, both a high caliber pistol and tazer, and a netgun.

You drop by armory before going to the briefing room and get your weapons. Do you want same very thight net Cromwell is using?

((Acetaminophen isn't a placebo. While one of its primary uses is reducing pain, it also reduces the severity and duration of fevers.))

Be briefed when the time to be briefed arrives. After doing so, request Guni try to minimize her contact with other crew members; full quarantine isn't likely yet, but we don't want to have a pandemic on our hands. If possible, try to isolate the bacteria and viruses, and begin work for vaccines on each. Produce a sufficient number of all vaccines to immunize the away team, at the very least.

"Guni is now suffering from a fever. She has been told to minimize contact with others, which will largely mean staying in quarantine, but she may be brought out should something come up with relatively little risk. She is confirmed to be suffering from a few bacterial and one viral infection; a vaccine already exists for one, and one was declared harmless by another member of the away team, though this may prove to be false. Working on producing enough vaccines for the away team now."

Guni is about to knock herself out, so that problem kinda sorts itself out. You have live samples to work with so vaccines are in progress, lets say they are ready in two turns.

You are now in briefing room.

Stop by the medical area to pick up that drawing that Guni made of the birds.
Make sure Engineering has the vehicle and weapons ready in the loading platform.
Head to the briefing room, and count how many members of the away team I've got.

Drawing is waiting you in infirmary so you get it. Technical boys are currently testing their setup, but otherwise it is ready.

Head count in briefing room is 3. You, Mark, and doctor Pendle.

Catch a few bugs into containers.

You didn't bring any containers with you. So you get back on ship, grab few and catch some bugs. Much easier now that you know what to look at.

Find my drawing and give it to Mastah. Go get a tranq pistol and take a bunch of darts with enough sleepy juice to just make me drowsy. Go to my room and turn up the cold, shoot myself and leave the gun on the nightstand. Sleep the fever off.

Cromwell already found your drawing. You get some stronger tranquilizers and squeeze some of the juice out. Once you are laying in the bed you shoot yourself into leg with tranqs.

There are safer ways to get sleep, you know. Like pills.

Attempt to figure out how this works to make the skeleton steel. Stop growing the madman and check out the effects of my mutations. Also consider the possibility of creating a species designed to grow rapidly at the cost of non-stop consuming of high nutrient food during the growth process.

As in bone steel for industrial purposes? That works a little too slow to be viable. But to get replacement bones for humans... that takes just a little of creative gene splicing, nothing beyond your skills.

Mutated clone of the madman is as big as 5 month old fetus, so results of your tinkering are visible. Four eyes, check. Really freaky, new eyes are on sides of skull where ears used to be and entire forehead is expanded to accommodate new features. Ears are raised higher out of the way. You can't know if infravision worked without removing an eye from its socket and performing invasive surgery, so you do exactly that. And you know what? There are new type of photon sensitive cells! You call that great success. Now the fused ribcage plate, it is there just as expected. The clone seems to make breathing movement just fine, but you can't really tell what would happen under stress. It is still possible it can't breathe properly in that case, but it could be circumvented with more effective lungs. Birds usually to have those as well due their higher metabolism.

Creating entirely new custom species from scratch is still strictly in domain of gods. You can't just skip billion years of evolution in few days. However modifying existing species to fit your requirements is possible and relatively common practice when it comes to scientific research.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Springy grass. (Partially studied)
* Soil. (Studied)
* Seven corpses of large four eyed birds. (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (Studied)
* Two corpses of black wolf-creature. (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect. (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (Not studied)

Currently doing following:
* Infrared/four eyed full body human clone with fused ribs. Using Theron's DNA as a base. Growth halted.
* Vaccine against BAQ-1, BGu-1 and VGU-1. (-2 turns)

Completed and unchecked things:
* Vaccines against BGR-1 and BGR-2.
* Infrared vision eyes. Using Dave's DNA as a base.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:07:15 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #226 on: December 30, 2014, 05:05:56 am »

There are safer ways to get sleep, you know. Like pills.
This way I don't have to interact with that pervert doctor.. Guni thought as she drifted off to sleep.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 30, 2014, 05:53:58 am »

Seeing the new nets Mark decides to try them out. After getting to the briefing room Mark checks all his gear and listens to his superior
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 30, 2014, 06:04:11 am »

"Nice to see our crew is well disciplined and prudent. What do you need to tell us, Officer Jackson? Er, it is officer now, yes?"
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 30, 2014, 06:44:20 am »

To the briefing room!

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 30, 2014, 07:26:22 am »

Can I get waitlisted/in the game?
If yes, writing sheet.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 30, 2014, 09:06:56 am »

Can I get waitlisted/in the game?
If yes, writing sheet.

I think I can handle one more. We have greatest need for security, but choose what you want.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2014, 12:13:18 pm »

Name: Adam Tom
Description:He is slightly above average in height and intelligence, has brown hair and green eyes.He came with the expedition because he got bored of studying (read:shooting dead then poking it with a stick) lifeforms on Earth.
Role:Security.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 30, 2014, 01:37:01 pm »

"Nice to see our crew is well disciplined and prudent. What do you need to tell us, Officer Jackson? Er, it is officer now, yes?"
"I don't even know what the hell it is now. Just call me what you want.
Anyway, the reason I've called you guys here is because we've got something thatneeds doing. Guni has been stung by some kind of bird, she drew a picture of them here, so look over that.
We need to know happened because if that, if these things are poisonous or whatnot.
I've got a buggy with a concussive grenade launcher, and cloth-then net launchers ready on the platform. We're heading up to that forest to collect as many live samples ofvthese birds as we can.
Any questions?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 30, 2014, 01:49:01 pm »

"Given the buggy is remote control, I see no reason as to why this wouldn't work. Though, if it must be manned, I don't think this would be a good idea. The bird's poison is strongly paralytic, and would likely result in extreme injury during the time between unconsciousness and recovery of the patient. If you'd like, I, Guni, or somebody else who responded to the struggle may be able to guide the buggy to where the birds attacked her."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2014, 02:13:28 pm »

Make coffees.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2014, 03:17:46 pm »

Name: Adam Tom
Description:He is slightly above average in height and intelligence, has brown hair and green eyes.He came with the expedition because he got bored of studying (read:shooting dead then poking it with a stick) lifeforms on Earth.
Role:Security.

Ok, you will be delivered from the mothership on end of this turn.

@Mastahcheese:
Your radio cracles for a moment and then you hear familiar voice of Marshal: "Officer Jackson. Since your team is currently under staffed, we will transfer one additional person to Biology Unit 2. Make good use of him."
Old sigs.
Games.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2014, 03:54:10 pm »

"Copy that Marshal, sir."
He turned back to Doctor Pendle.
"That's good thinking. The less we put our people and ourselves at risk, the better. We will need at least one person to ride with it to actually gather the specimens, though. I'll take care of that work unless someone else wants it.
So Pendle, you guide the buggy by remote, and I'll be on it. Mark, you can either come with me, or stay here and help the Doc."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2014, 04:23:52 pm »

Wave my hands like a madman and return to the ship. Scan the bugs and put the container for storage and head for briefing.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2014, 07:15:18 pm »

"I'll come with you noone should go alone outside of the base as that's just asking for trouble"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 59