Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112779 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 2
« Reply #240 on: December 31, 2014, 10:52:17 am »

"Based on the puncture mark it seems unlikely that they can penetrate our suits. They only attacked after she took off her helmet. But you can never be too careful."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 31, 2014, 11:05:24 am »

Seeing the new nets Mark decides to try them out. After getting to the briefing room Mark checks all his gear and listens to his superior

Allright, fine nets packed. Gear is all ready, SMG in hands, high caliber pistol in holster tied to your right thigh, taser on other one and netgun on your back

To the briefing room!

You are now in the briefing room, listening the speech.

Make coffees.

Mmm, coffee... for everyone.

Wave my hands like a madman and return to the ship. Scan the bugs and put the container for storage and head for briefing.

You're on wrong planet if you are trying to fly by merely flapping your arms, but it doesn't stop you from tying. You think it does get you up to the ship slightly faster.

This bug is funny one; it is normally green but when it encounters another member of its species of same gender it turns into pink. Obviously some kind of threatening behaviour. Darkness seems to trigger bioluminescence, making it flash brightly in aquamarine color. This explains what you saw last night. It would make fine bug lantern.

And now in briefing.

Name: Adam Tom
Description:He is slightly above average in height and intelligence, has brown hair and green eyes.He came with the expedition because he got bored of studying (read:shooting dead then poking it with a stick) lifeforms on Earth.
Role:Security.

You are sent from the mothership to Biology Unit 2. Apparently someone from security over there went insane so you are supposed to fill numbers. Small transport ship lands near the Bio 2 mobile base ship and drops you and your personal things off. Dragging it all into airlock isn't much of a chore and you quickly find a room for yourself. Once you have settled in you report into briefing room as majority of any important personel are gathered there planning assault into the forest.

>GUNINANRUNIN, wake up when you feel up for it. You'll be much better by then, but not yet completely in perfect condition. Unless our doctor sneaks into your room and uses the one existing vaccine (BGR-2) on you. That should speed up healing process enough.

In briefing room we have now six people. Cromwell, Mark, Pendle, Dave, György and Adam.

Rather calm turn this time, not much of activity but then again it's New Year's Eve and all.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Springy grass. (Partially studied)
* Soil. (Studied)
* Seven corpses of large four eyed birds. (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (Studied)
* Two corpses of black wolf-creature. (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect. (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (Not studied)

Currently doing following:
* Infrared/four eyed full body human clone with fused ribs. Using Theron's DNA as a base. Growth halted.
* Vaccine against BAQ-1, BGu-1 and VGu-1. (-1 turns)

Completed and unchecked things:
* Vaccines against BGR-1 and BGR-2.
* Infrared vision eyes. Using Dave's DNA as a base.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 31, 2014, 12:36:15 pm »

Attempt to find a database for creatures that either through evolution or g-modding have abnormally high rates of growth to maturity.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 31, 2014, 12:39:05 pm »

Listen to all of the briefings.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 31, 2014, 01:13:48 pm »

Cromwell glared at the new arrivals.
"You're late. I said no exceptions."
He showed them the picture, and explained the plan to them, not like it mattered.
Maybe it should just be me and Mark. We could do it ourselves, and we wouldn't have to watch them to make sure they don't do something stupid.
"Mark and I will take a buggy to the forest to gather some birds. Pendle will stay here, providing us with assistance through comms. Dave, György, Adam, you three are to be team 2. I want you guys to be ready at a [/I]moment's notice[/I] in case we call for backup."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2014, 03:40:07 pm »

"I'm still not entirely comfortable with you two going into the forest, given that something out there was strong enough to destroy Guni's front cameras and leave her effectively blind, but I suppose at this point we don't have a much better option. Also, with 'team 2' standing at the ready, we should be able to eliminate any threats quickly should you be rendered immobile or unconscious, which makes recovering you for treatment much easier."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 31, 2014, 04:12:35 pm »

"Got it."
Grab:KS-23 (Shrapnel-25 for ammo), SMG, nets, high-caliber pistol
About the KS-23:
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rus/ks-23-e.html
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:53:13 am by Haveroszaur »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2014, 06:50:39 pm »

Wake up, don my environment suit. Get the vaccine and inject it. Why should this vaccine help if I'm already sick? I don't think that's how it works.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 01, 2015, 02:18:53 am »

Wake up, don my environment suit. Get the vaccine and inject it. Why should this vaccine help if I'm already sick? I don't think that's how it works.

Now that I'm awake I think you are right. Lets assume the vaccine also contains nanomachines targeting specific cells or something suitably unspecific. We are in the future after all, so medical technology has probably more than one advancement.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #249 on: January 01, 2015, 02:23:11 am »

Right, I can buy that. Froggy is casually performing bioengineering in the space of hours after all.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 01, 2015, 02:47:23 am »

Nothing beyond his skills.  :P

There is limits how much I can slow down player actions towards reality before it stops being fun for everyone. And to admit it, he's going in direction I didn't thought of when I started this game.
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2015, 02:50:16 am »

Just a question With the suits cameras if they are broken can something be done by the people in the suit without taking off the helmet?
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2015, 02:55:38 am »

Just a question With the suits cameras if they are broken can something be done by the people in the suit without taking off the helmet?
The screens are located just front of your eyes. So if they break, you can move them aside with manual switches outside of helmet. That's what Guni was trying to do when she found something on her face blocking the switches and decided it was better idea to remove entire helmet.
Old sigs.
Games.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2015, 02:08:00 pm »

Bring the coffee in!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 01, 2015, 03:22:09 pm »

Attempt to find a database for creatures that either through evolution or g-modding have abnormally high rates of growth to maturity.

Mosquitos. What you are looking for is mosquitos. But since I believe you are looking for something bigger then it is rats. The problem with naturally fast growing creatures is this: Faster they mature smaller they are. And often also have very short lifespan.

As for gene modded creatures there is all livestock. They are designed to grow fast and breed fast. Once that phase is over they are slaughtered for meat so longevity isn't really priority there. So cows, pigs, chickens and whatever common livestock animals there is. Pets on the other hand are modified to live longer, but not grow any faster than they naturally do.

So your best bet here are literal lab rats.

Listen to all of the briefings.

It seems to be mostly about planning assault into forest.

"Got it."
Grab:KS-23 (Shrapnel-25 for ammo), SMG, nets, high-caliber pistol
About the KS-23:
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rus/ks-23-e.html

You arm up for hunting. Do you mean by nets just a simple nets or a netlauncher other people are using?

(I assume you overheard somewhere about vaccines being made.)

You wake up, still a bit drowsy from tranquilizer induced sleep and dress up. Your enviro-suit is in infirmary, shredded in many pieces, so you rather get new one. You go to infirmary looking for vaccine. The infirmary informs you that there is one ready, but you are not allowed self administer any, as safe as it would be. You manage convience it to administer vaccine/medicine by itself as it is most certainly capable of sticking syringe into someone and that you don't want to bother doctor Pendle with such minor thing. The infirmary reluctantly agrees.

One group of alien bacterias killed. Two left, but your immune system can handle those soon enough. You are already feeling better.

Bring the coffee in!

This is grand, Expedition leader is bringing coffee for everyone in briefing room by himself! He must be celebrating something.

Quote from: The infirmary
Inform Doctor about situation.

The infirmary sends a message to Jonathan Pendle that vaccines are ready. And Guni was just vaccinated for BGR-1.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Springy grass. (Partially studied)
* Soil. (Studied)
* Seven corpses of large four eyed birds. (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (Studied)
* Two corpses of black wolf-creature. (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect. (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (Not studied)

Completed things:
* Vaccines against BGR-1, BGR-2, BAQ-1, BGu-1 and VGu-1.
* Infrared vision eyes. Using Dave's DNA as a base. (unchecked)
* Infrared/four eyed full body human clone with fused ribs. Using Theron's DNA as a base. Growth halted.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 59