Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game 206-210 AD  (Read 10869 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game (5/5 Players) IC-Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 05:25:27 pm »

Lord Adrian attended the ceremony with Jerald next to him. Adrian dresses in noble gabs and a cape to his side with the family crest of the Azores. Jerald wears a Black military uniform with a similar cape only instead of the family crest he wears the military crest of the Families military and  red beret with the insignia of an the military as well.  Both stand tall and applaud the Emperors small speech.

Later they seek out Lady Morgarten inviting her to eat after the coronation.

"Lady Morgarten, after today's impressions of unity and survival without needless violence will you not accept my invitation to a restaurant in the capital." He says in his most gregarious voice.

"Oh and don't worry. My son here will pickup the tab for us!" he lets out a small laugh. This is by far the happiest he has been since even Jerald has known him.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:24:42 pm by 3man75 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 05:55:47 pm »

At the Coronation:
House Azores' representatives (Being Lord Azores, his wife, and his children.) at the coronation stood at the forefront on the left, All dressed in far simpler, cleaner and elegant garb that resembled. The exception of Issradi's whom, like most of he lifestyle choices, tended to be ostentatious and extravagant for beyond what most nobles would bother with. His outfit being as garish and finely made, decorated and detailed.

And behind them, stood two impressively armoured figures. If the initial takeover by the grey guard was an insult, than this was more or less rubbing it in, both of those being xenos, native from Agri-prime and as well equipped as the house deemed necessary for it's guard. And the presence of such guards were intended to be a display of the 'true' house Azores power: No longer willing to even consider the orthodoxy a valid political entity. The thought of the patriarch of the orthodoxy brung a small smirk to Seralt's face, before it died in short order when he began to speak.

"Well, A first call of order would be to establish the authority of the council and the emperor himself above any others, both only answerable to the other. The second, would be to establish the empire as a strictly secular government, with no privilege granted to any religion within the empire whatsoever. No religion to be able to enforce it's laws as if they are above the ones laid down by the emperor himself, and ratified by the council."

After the Coronation, with Valerian
After the majority of the present nobles had left, and after his chat with Sigmund, Seralt approached the newly-crowned emperor, bowing in respect before he stood himself up straight and started to speak.

"Your eminence. I wish you well on your reign, and that it be a long one. If you wish to grant me the honour of some of your time, I wish to speak with you about a few things."

Post-council, with Lady Morgarten
After the council meeting, as the various lords went about their business, Seralt approached Alruna, bowing to her as he did with the emperor before he began to speak to her.
"My lady, I would be honoured if you would grant me the time to speak to you about a few things."
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:51:32 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 06:10:59 pm »

The Coronation:
Flustered Orthodoxy representatives cried out in outrage. The Patriarch himself was absent showing the churches lack of support for a traitor and his court. However the Lord Commander of what remained of the Ecclesia Custodes (still a formidable force, despite its losses), himself a Radical, supressed a grin at the sight of Xenos in the former Patriarchial Palace. However it immediately vanished upon the demand for a secular Government.

Guard your tongue Heretic, lest i strike you down in the name of the Pancreator.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:13:22 pm by Ghazkull »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 06:36:27 pm »

At the Coronation:
House Azores' representatives (Being Lord Azores, his wife, and his children.) at the coronation stood at the forefront on the left, All dressed in far simpler, cleaner and elegant garb that resembled. The exception of Issradi's whom, like most of he lifestyle choices, tended to be ostentatious and extravagant for beyond what most nobles would bother with. His outfit being as garish and finely made, decorated and detailed.

And behind them, stood two impressively armoured figures. If the initial takeover by the grey guard was an insult, than this was more or less rubbing it in, both of those being xenos, native from Agri-prime and as well equipped as the house deemed necessary for it's guard. And the presence of such guards were intended to be a display of the 'true' house Azores power: No longer willing to even consider the orthodoxy a valid political entity. The thought of the patriarch of the orthodoxy brung a small smirk to Seralt's face, before it died in short order when he began to speak.

"Well, A first call of order would be to establish the authority of the council and the emperor himself above any others, both only answerable to the other. The second, would be to establish the empire as a strictly secular government, with no privilege granted to any religion within the empire whatsoever. No religion to be able to enforce it's laws as if they are above the ones laid down by the emperor himself, and ratified by the council."

Adrian thought to himself "Come on Seralt, you know better. No matter how much you dislike a situation you have to accept it. Change it only when you can not before. If only you knew all those years ago.."

Adrian grimaces as a flood of memories reminding him of blood and gritty reality. A memory he thought no longer affected him so.

Adrian thinks to himself again "What past transactions have forced us into such a terrible situation. Pancreator won't you have mercy on my house."

Adrian stays silent and alone with his thoughts as the coronations continues..

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 06:52:31 pm »

The coronation...

As the Empreor finished his speech, voices from the nobles rose and angry retorts by church guards, posted on ceremony too. Patriarch was absent but nonetheless such bickering at the very start of the reign was a bad sign.

"Silence yourselves, for this is not the place and not the time."  Came the voice of a Hartwing guard, who acted right as the Emperor nodded to him silently.

-----------------------------------
Valerian knew he was betting on right people as he heard Sigmund's reply.

"Let it be so then. Join me in the chamber and we will talk of conquest with others. but you have my assurances about the earlier, as I have your promise on performance."

------------------------------------

"Ah, Seralt, It was your voice I heard earlier," said Valerian. "As you can see, everyone wants to see me. After the council, perhaps, Please see me in my chambers."

The Council chamber was a smaller one, used by Patriach for his private chats and counsels. The decor taste of the clergy did not appeal much to the Emperor, with its blandness and all encompassing dull white. but in the meantime, a smaller throne was erected and a table in front of it, with chairs ot serve for the heads of Houses. This would be where policy would be made, or where he would be faced with the ever lasting nature of humanity as it ate away at the very facades that mankind tired to build for itself.

"Gentlemen, lets sit down and talk. I have appointments to make and we are to hear the state of the Empire from the administrators that prepare a rapport for. I want all of the Houses to be involved, for this is the time and place for a such venture after all. I expect growth and expansion and with it, bringing new people into the fold, or rediscovery of technology. I want your opinions and a clear policy to be set, so that appropriate laws might be passed. Speak your mind and speak your plans, and I shall set out my policy before you."

emperor's blue eyes went across the chamber, looking at the gathered people. Each had plans and ambitions and he wold be their means to get there. But balance had to reign above all.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 08:08:02 pm »

At the coronation
"Very well, I shall recant that statement for now." Seralt said, stepping backwards. The timing of the guard had been impeccable, given that by being forced to back down by a much more powerful meant that any pride on the line was left intact.

Council Chamber
"I believe I may have stated mine already, if prematurely declared. Thus, with your leave, I'll take a seat while the others state theirs."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 10:51:11 pm »

The coronation
The coronation was a grand affair, a spectacle worthy of the old Empire.  Alruna stood with the other nobility, the great and minor Houses alike, surrounded by the ostentation of a people plainly united in their hope for a new power to rival that of bygone days.  Her sister, beside her, stood bedecked in the the finery of House Morgarten: a simple and understated dress of indigo accented by silver in the colors of house Morgarten, high-cut but still snug enough to show off her most powerful physical assets, and distract any speakers from her equally-powerful mental acuity.  Alruna, in her own consideration, had instead worn a suit cut to a style intended to imitate the style of the nobility of the Empire in the earliest days of the settlement of Garthon, which few would recognize (except perhaps, she reflected, the elder Lord Luthias).  Naturally, it too was immaculately tailored in the same colors as her sister, but as far as feminine styles of the present day were concerned, it was not a patch on her sister's garb, and that too was intentional.  Alruna would not be a mere decoration, nor would she, like her sister, disguise herself as such. 

If there was anything that marred the coronation itself, it could only have been Seralt's call for a secularization of the Empire, a call that had created a shock that passed through much of the gathered nobles.  As the head of the Ecclesia Custodes quickly shut him down, she remained stiff and silent, betraying nothing of her inner feelings, but she wondered inwardly again at how rash the patriarch of the House Azores could be.  Perhaps she could be accused of timidity, but it seemed preferable to the excess of choler that seemed to affect the Azores blood.  The Church...what were her thoughts on the Church?  It was a centralizing force, one that united the Empire spiritually as the Emperor did temporally, but it had wielded great temporal power in its own right for much of its history.  It was something to consider...at some other time.

To Adrian, immediately after the coronation
Immediately after the coronation, she found herself almost immediately confronted by the Lord de Treming and his adoptive son.  She smiled politely at his offer.  "I would be honored to accept your invitation.  Both my sister and I would be pleased to dine with you and your son.  Perhaps after this reception and the Imperial Council?"

The Council Chambers
Lady Alruna was seated near the foot of the table, a natural place considering her rank.  She did not speak immediately, nor did she show any sign of the many thoughts and ideas racing through her head.  For now, she seemed content to wait and listen to the others, rather than drawing notice. 

To Seralt, post-Council(?)
((Will respond after clarification in the OOC))

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2014, 01:47:21 pm »

"I will see you then my Lady."

Hours later...

...In the Chambers

Adrian stands from his chair in the small chamber. Outside of the door stands Jareld waiting until the patriarchal meeting to be done.

"Emperor i want to see things turned around. An i feel that there is only way to rebuild our empire. Conquest, Management, and Culture.

Our first Grand project, should be a Military-Industrial Project. We'll need research, infrastructure, foundries, and a standing army.

Once completed, we'll be able to slowly but surely begin conquering fringe worlds Emperor. I request funding and to be in charge of the project.
"

He stops briefly talking before adding.

"I will not however, work for free. If investments don't come in i warn you and any future Emperor that i won't give them the fruits of my labors without a price versus it being funded from the beginning and giving it whenever needed. I do not expect such investments to come in now, for now i can wait and we can save up for the future costs."

Adrian sits down, hands crossed.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:18:00 pm by 3man75 »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2014, 05:16:56 pm »

Valerian looked at Adrian and after a short pause, gave a small chuckle.

"I'm sorry, but what you are talking about are things petty, left up to individual houses. Economies and industries of worlds are exclusive prerogatives of those who own them, and I doubt that we need to worry about such details. but, you have my curiosity. How do you exactly envision this project, pray tell? Imperial army needs taxes and manpower, for every world of note has things needed to create fleets and equip troops."

He motioned with his hand to one of the secretaries in the chamber, obviously a Hartwing man. "Call in the clerks, and lets hand out the information we have on the state of the empire. What we need first and foremost is knowledge of the internal and external problems.

Before I lay down any further word, do I have any further projects from interested parties?"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:28:06 pm by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2014, 06:08:53 pm »

The Hartwing man looks a bit unsure and looks at his colleague, before Malcador steps forward. Having stood so far in the back of the chamber (propably in the shadows if there would have been any in the chamber) he now clearly enjoys this moment.

Emperor, if i may, not to diminish your employees but transition has been going slowly and your men weren't able to evaluate all the intel they have gotten from the Grey Guard Intelligence Division. Major?

A young woman in a field grey officers uniform steps forward. Her pale blue eyes flit over the gathered nobility with disinterest, taking them in, processing them and then discounting them before she begins an impassionate rundown of the information on the Empire:

" As of this moment the Empire is still in a major state of disarray. Despite the best efforts almost every planet is not only plagued by technological fallbacks of about three thousand years in comparison to the pre-downfall era, but is also plagued by a variety of Natural Catastrophes, Manmade Catastrophes, terrorism and various other things.

I will run down the most pressing Domestic Issues first:

The Reclamation Program on Si'kar is proceeding but ever so slowly. Ever since the Bio- and Chem-Bombardements of the planet and the subsequent purging actions of the Inquisition, the planet has fallen into an ecological catastrophe. Over two thirds of the Planet are either still unusuable or uninhabitable.

The Issue of Slavery on Agri-Prime is deteriorating again. Despite the fact that the Civil War has died down and the major Slave Rebellions have been violently put down, many Xenos are still fed up with their living conditions. There are three solutions to this problem as we have determined: Extermination or Deportation of the Xeno Population for Good, Increased Anti-Insurgency Actions or Emancipation of Xeno Populations.

Vengeance is actually a hotbed of issues. The planet had a main interest for the Church due to its once role as a Graveyard World, but since then has turned into the major Crusade Battlefield. Ever Since the Failed first and second Crusade all attempts have been aborted. However, House Hartwing and remnants of Rastyqua are still on planet and prove to be a beacon of stability in the Chaotic World.
It's issues are manifold. First are the Mutant Warlords. Recent population estimates have put down Vengeance Population at 25 million remaining humans and very rough assumption of about three to four hundred million mutants. Another issue is the Planets Biosphere itself. To sustain larger population large scale Hydroponic Farming Projects would be needed. Alternatively Space Trade would need to be reestablished. But as it is The remnants of more than four hundred ships are clouding the orbit of the planet, not to mention the uncountable Wreckan corpses making things worse. However all this graveyard business could be used to our advantage. Salvage rights for the planet are much sought after...

Garthon III, currently held by House Morgarten has a lot of potential. Once one manages to put down the Local Mutants and manage to tame the flora and fauna. Furthermore the Hive "Bastion" would profit from a proper peacekeeping force aswell as an expansion of bureaucracy.

Which brings me to our External Issues.
We currently are aware of three other Entities in the known Galactic Space. The Church, The Triumvirate and The Gered Remnant.

The Church is the main issue. Not only do they wish to know their position in the new empire but also ask how we are going to handle the treason of Luthias Hartwing. Furthermore our General Stance towards Xenos, Mutants, Heresy, Heathenism and Technology is of interest to them. They also wish to know when we are going to move the Imperial Palace onto one of our "own" Planets.
Per ancient Documents dating back to even before the Downfall the Church has a right to interfere in state issues and the world of Halo was granted to them by Emperor Kalros "The Pious" about 300 years before the downfall. While the Church was weakened through the two crusades it is still a major political player. If they manages to contact the Exploratoris Fleets they will be able to muster more ships and troops than we currently can. But that is a big if, most of the fleets are far outside of comms reach, at least if our intel on their tech is correct.

The Gered Remnant was allowed to settle on the world of Braxis in the Si'kar System."

at this moment Malcador grinned at the Emperor Yes we knew all about your fathers little play there. We had been  monitoring Teg'Gered ships for quite a while before he even discovered them.

the major gives Malcador an irritated look who immediately falls silent and steps back.

"As i was saying the Gered Remnant was allowed to settle on Braxis, but has made no attempts to colonize more worlds. In fact the barren Ice Planet has turned into a hospitable Garden World. So Far the Gered themselves have proven Isolationist mainly because of their Teg' brethren.
The following information is highly confidential and apart from your here this information is not known to the Church. They know nothing about Braxis and we should keep it that way, lest they decide to call another crusade.
Fact is that the Gered have apparently been a highly advanced civilization. What we could garner so far is that they are humanoid, in fact they are very closely related to humans...they might even be a sub-species of the homo genus. In any case through some catastrophe they had to evacuate their worlds in massive sleeper ships. Several are still scattered about, a few have started moving towards Braxis however. The Gered themselves are no threat to us but the Teg' are. Their weapons technology even surpasses that of the Grey Guard and the fact that they are animated Gered corpses puzzles our best researchers. In general the Gered are amiable towards keeping peace. The Grey Guard would advise against military actions, since we are not sure on how well our fleets would perform against one of these Teg'Gered Motherships.

Finally there is the Triumvirate. As you all know they were already a majorly powerful Guild House before the Downfall and this allowed them to form a seperate entity after the War. They have developed an alternative to old hyperspace travel, which is slower but reliable. In fact without our artifact technology we would be hopelessly outclassed. Furthermore the Triumvirate is the lifeline of our Empire. Most of interplanetary trade and commerce is handled by them. But as it is it might be in our interest to integrate them somehow into the empire. Subterfuge may here be advisable instead of military action.

And then there is the issue ofLost Worlds. Apart from Exploratoris fleets, there was only one major expedition to discover new systems and worlds, what happened to that expedition is unkown. But still if we manage to recover these planets they might be more worthwile than terraforming.

There are also several interal issues to be handled. Foremost is the Imperial Treasurer and a...uh...Spymaster."

The Grey Guard Officer salutes and steps out of the room.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2014, 07:05:57 pm »

Seralt listened intently to the debrief the grey guard offer gave, pondering the various snippets of information, formulating plans on how to deal with them. "In regards to the slavery situation, give me five years and I can completely sort the issue out. Any further problems to that is something house Azores can easily handle barring a major outside intervention. This, combined with a little re-organisation should mean the planet itself is far more productive than it is currently.

Now, in regards to the external issues, you already know my, and by extension the house's opinion on the church. The triumvirate is a little more difficult, I'd wholeheartedly support integrating them into the imperial bureaucracy. If we could usurp the various factions by buying up the various subsidiary companies and introducing a few bits of legislation it would be a lot easier.

As for the Gered, it would be prudent to press the question on the Teg'Gered and the technology they have. Unless we know what we're dealing with if we face off against one of the motherships we're likely to be at a disadvantage at best.

For the other issues, I have little to add onto at this time. I regards to the Exploratoris fleets though, how much mean and ships would they be able to muster up in the event one comes back?"

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2014, 09:37:20 pm »

Alruna considered each point carefully.  Much of the information on her own homeworld matched closely with House Morgarten's assessments, and she wondered briefly if it would be worthwhile to review their own administration's security arrangements.  But no, much of what they stated was a matter of public record already; especially the geological assays and intelligence of native mutant movements.  She noted also the ongoing silence of many of the patriarchs as they mulled over the information as well.  "Domestically, I believe it may be worthwhile to seize the lowest-hanging fruit first, then reinvest the gains in other, longer-term operations.  While I have some sympathy for Si'kar's fate, it would take considerable time, money, and effort to restore it to its former status.  By contrast, the sale of salvage rights to particular debris fields around Vengeance, for instance," this said with a brief nod to the Emperor, whose fiefs she was describing, "could simultaneously permit the Empire an increase in liquid assets while simultaneously clearing the lower orbital trajectories of that planet for use by traders or even stations safe from the mutant threat.  By carefully judging those who obtain these rights on political as well as economic grounds, they can also be used as a carrot to reward the loyalty of those minor nobles who curry Imperial favor rather than opposing our will, or those potential salvage contracts we keep in reserve can be utilized as a potential inducement in any future negotiations.  The development of otherwise untapped worlds, those uncontaminated by biological weapons or other disasters, should also commence to permit maximum return for minimum risk, and I will also pursue independent policies in the Garthon system to this end with my own House's resources, regardless of which domestic projects we choose to adopt."

She paused briefly, marshaling her thoughts.  "Regarding external matters, we should consider policies of rapprochement or non-involvement in the near term, at least where it pertains to potential threats to our stability and order, until we have our military forces and bureaucracy in order.  In particular, I do not believe it would be wise to antagonize the Gered Remnant until we ourselves have attained a more secure footing.  Like Lord Seralt, I believe we should limit ourselves to primarily obtaining information on their capabilities at this time, that we may judge a more proper course of action at a later date.  I also support the integration of the Triumvirate.  There may be several methods we can use, but I believe that if they can be broken up diplomatically into separate and mutually-hostile factions, especially if we can also offer economic inducements to supporters of a political union while quietly subverting the most vocal opponents, it would also make them, or rather, their remnants much more manageable after such an integration as well.  The much-rumoured Lost Worlds may be a potential source of wealth or danger; I do not believe a great flotilla is necessary, but I certainly believe that resuming limited exploration efforts to discover, at the least, the fate of the last great Exploration Fleets could be in order to push the frontier back."

She sighed slightly.  "Regarding the matter of the Church, I am inclined to consider certain of their requests seriously.  The Church has long been a beacon of stability and order, a unifying force spiritually for the Empire just as the Emperor has been temporally.  However, I believe a more thorough study of these documents surrounding their historical rights of involvement in political affairs, particularly the Donation of Kalros, should be in order, especially if we are to be able to negotiate with them from a legal position as well as a political one.  While their spiritual work has been honorable, the Church's myriad political machinations have long been known, and I question how...unsullied they remained in those days, having so long enmeshed themselves in temporal politics in so many ways.  If a proper accommodation can be arrived at with the Patriarch, I believe they could become a powerful ally, rather than a foe, and one that can hopefully remain free of the temptations and burdens of temporal power that we here have shouldered."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2014, 03:06:43 pm »

A flash of annoyance at the incompetent clerk made the man disappear as quickly as possible from the chamber. A Grey Guard officer replaced him swiftly.
The Emperor listened to to the rundown of issues and pondered them, while the gathered heads gave their opinions and offers. Most of those seemed  to be natural fit for the houses closest to the issues. Besides, the most important task was to build imperial administration and only he was capable of that at the moment.

"As it stands, worlds that are occupied by individual houses shall become their domains, and they shall rule them in the capacity of Overlords - even if their exclusive fiefs cover only a portion, they shall hold the right to keep the remainder of the planet as their vassals. However both parties will be equal in the imperial courts of law, with rights and responsibilities  on both sides as it is the custom. Nonetheless, as most settled worlds are shared between nobles, the issue of planetary supremacy shall be decided in the Imperial court, with suspension of said privilege in the most contested cases." He looked at the Azores and de Treming. "The rights of Overlords also come with certain obligations, that is pacification and prosperity of the said planets that are under their care - as it stands I shall distribute tasks to those houses that are most concerned with those."

"Agri-Prime Slavery is a matter I delegate to Seralt Azores - you have your five years and the resolution that is expected shall yield peace with a result that is pleasing to us, that is with human security first and foremost."

"The world of Vengeance is the seat of my house and hence the salvage rights and the issues that are local to that world will be left with house Hartwing, notwithstanding assistance from other noble houses as part of Imperial reclamation efforts."

"Garthon III is a home world of house Morgarten and hence its development shall be left with you, Alruna." He looked at the young woman and smiled."I hope your attention can be divided however, as I foresee another task for you as well. Your mind is sharp and grasps economic matters easily."

"The Church is a matter I personally am going to be settling, on account of the importance of that institution to unity of Mankind. Empire is a secular power, but it shall have a spiritual heart. A secular mind shall drive plans and a core of faith will put them to motion. I hereby announce to you that a Concordat shall be signed, outlining rights and responsibilities of the clergy, all the while ensuring that it does not stand above the body of the empire."

"Braxis shall be quarantined and all humans that are loyal to the Empire and bear its signs shall keep a respectful distance from both the planet and a cordon around it. the zone shall be mapped out and a message of non-interference and neutrality shall be beamed to the world. Breach of the cordon shall be punishable in the Imperial courts."

"The Triumvirate shall be approached and offered a seat on this very council, as a sign of involvement in the Imperial policy and their vitality to the Empire. However, that shall not have a say on matters of war or the noble rights and their power shall be tempred by the treatment within the bounds of the law, which includes respect for Imperial legislation and House rights in mercantile and commercial cases, taxation and and the like. Trade and economic rights to the shares within Triumvirate companies shall be left up to your personal judgement and shall not be imposed on by the empire, with the exception of taxation which shall be held as the universal Imperial right in all cases. Alruna, I choose you to be my envoy to them."

"House Al-Hazar is given the official command to go into the Lost Worlds and explore. They have a 5 year mandate on it, after which they are due to report of the conquests and their findings. given that no imperial troops will accompany them, they are given the right to spoils of the first exploration wave, after which they are to report back to receive imperial backing and reinforcements. Also, your assitance inthe resolution of mutant issue on Vengenace will be much appreciated."

"Last on the table are appointments: Adrian Azores de Treming has shown himself to be keen on policy and economic matters as well, which is why I choose him to be the Imperial Taxmaster and Treasurer for the next 5 years, after which performance shall be reviewed. Taxation is to be reviewed and organized immediately, with the prospect of creation of imperial army and its use for the common good and reclamation of worlds and assistance to all noble houses equally."

"As taxation is not yet organized and funds need to be apportioned, the post of Imperial Eye shall be left vacant for the time being."

"Lastly but not least, the matter of Si'kar....that world was damaged by the actions of my father and it rests with my family to atone for this mistake. However, the terraforming that will be needed shall be done only after taxation is collected and all of the available reserves engaged. As such its restoration is declared an official Imperial Project that will commence after first round of taxation."

The Emperor shall approach the Patriach of the Church after the Council.
Adrian de Treming is named Imperial Treasurer.
House Al-Hazar is put in charge of Lost Worlds exploration mission.
Alruna Morgarten is chosen to be the Imperial diplomat to The Triumvirate.
Seralt Azores is put in charge of Agri-Prime slavery issue.
Vengenance is declared to be a a matter for House Hartwing.
A forbidden zone is declared around Braxis.
Si'kar is declared to be an Imperial Project.

As he finished and scribes finished noting down Emperor's decisions, he spoke one more time.
"My lady and gentlemen, the floor is yours to discuss the matter."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:13:00 pm by Ardas »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2014, 03:16:46 am »

((Reserved))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:32:54 am by 3man75 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2014, 08:19:17 am »

"Very well, I shall see to it. Of course, I will say that valuing human security is unattainable for any solution that seeks to actually address the problem rather than just slapping a bandage on it and calling it solved. There will be peace in the end though, that will be assured, even if the house must use it's overwhelming force to do so.

As for the church, I disapprove of your action, if anything, I'd say just bomb the entire planet from orbit and be done with the rotten carcass as it is after moving the capital."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11