Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Agency - The truth is out there!  (Read 5710 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: The Agency - The truth is out there!
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2014, 10:12:10 pm »

You compose yourself and answer.

We're with the NIS, Mr. Hong. We'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind."
"O-of course! Do come in! I won't cause any trouble!"

He opens the door, and you storm into the room. The first thing you notice is how dark it is. All the lights are off, and there is clutter everywhere. Boxes, shoes, spare parts, and clothing all cover the floor. Then you see it - a server rack in the back of the room. The rack has just one computer in it, its status light slowly pulsing. That must be where he hosts the site. Hong is clearly disturbed by the fact that you barged in so fast, and is looking around wildly.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2014, 10:49:20 pm »

GRAB HIM BEFORE HE TOUCHES ANYTHING! Subdue him quietly and make sure he doesn't make any noise. Laura secures the door of course while Fox makes the guy ready for transport. He touches his earpiece. Package acquired, it's being wrapped. Fox snaps at Laura then points to the servers. Pace, Hopper, talk to me, how's it looking out there?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2014, 02:37:01 pm »

((The reason this is so slow is because I keep waiting for other people to post. Usually, they don't.))

You quickly grab Hong and cover his mouth. He starts to struggle, but stops when he feels the barrel of your gun against his head. Laura locks the door, and on your signal moves over to the server rack. She swiftly hooks up her portable hard drive and begins offloading data. Pace and Hopper both report in.

"All quiet out front, sir."
"Back's clear too."

Laura finishes downloading the data, and runs back to you.

"Got the data, and wiped his server clean. I also grabbed the entire contents of his PC's hard drive. Now how are we gonna get this scumbag outta here?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2014, 02:51:42 pm »

((The reason this is so slow is because I keep waiting for other people to post. Usually, they don't.))

"Got the data, and wiped his server clean. I also grabbed the entire contents of his PC's hard drive. Now how are we gonna get this scumbag outta here?"
((I know the feeling.))

Do you have a car Mr. Hong? Nod if you do.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2014, 03:33:51 pm »

((I know the feeling.))

Do you have a car Mr. Hong? Nod if you do.
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2014, 04:31:16 pm »

PTW. I would have kept the charade for a bit longer, but what is done is done.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2014, 07:03:22 pm »

I don't normally +1 things, so if someone posts something I agree with and there are no alternative suggestions I just hold off. But since I have posted, I agree with the GUNIN.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2014, 07:15:46 pm »

Hong, breathing heavily, barely manages to stutter out a "Y-yes. In the...in the parking lot out back."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 10:03:49 pm »

I don't normally +1 things-
((Uh, why ever not?))

Contact Pace and Hopper. Alright, we're going to take his car. We'll signal you once we're in, then you guys go on ahead and meet us back at the plane. Stay sharp, it's not over until we're in the air.

Agent Laura, you have his data secured? Okay Mr. Hong, don't panic. You're in a lot of danger, but we're here to keep you safe, so you have to do exactly as I say. We're going to head to your car now, grab your keys. Stay between Agent Laura and I, don't say a word and don't look at anybody. I can tell you're confused but we'll answer all your questions once we're on the plane okay?

Have him write a short note to his landlord saying he's going to be gone for a month or two visiting relatives and paste it on the outside of the door. Let's go, don't forget to lock your door.

Have Laura go out first and check the hallway, then we walk out to the car with Laura in the lead Fox bringing up the rear and Hong in the middle. Keep one hand on our gun and the other on Hong's shoulder. Use the stairs.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2014, 10:15:00 pm »

((Uh, why ever not?))
Honestly? I feel it clutters the thread. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Also agree with the above.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2014, 10:19:13 pm »

Honestly? I feel it clutters the thread. Of course, that's just my opinion.
As a GM, I want people to +1 very very much. If there's just one action there and no support I'm going to assume no one cares anymore about what happens.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2014, 11:22:10 pm »

+1 to Gunin's plan, and:

If the backseat doors have childproof locks (i.e. can be set to not open from inside), turn those on while we're at it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2014, 12:04:34 am »

I think we'll have Laura sit in the back with him while Fox drives.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2014, 02:37:04 pm »

Hong quickly scribbles out a note on his kitchen table and grabs some tape. Laura ducks out into the hallway and signals all clear, and you follow her. Hong tapes his note to the door, and you begin making your way down the stairs. Hong is still clearly nervous, but he doesn't try anything. You get a few funny looks as you go out the lobby, but clearly nobody knows Hong well enough to really care about where he goes with strange people. You get to the car without incident. It's a cheap Hyundai four-door, nothing flashy. Hong unlocks the car remotely, and you get in the driver's seat as Laura settles into the back with him. With a little prompting, he hands you his keys.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2014, 02:44:31 pm »

Alright guys, take off. We'll see you back at the plane.

Drive. Appraise the director of the state of the mission.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:27:57 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6