Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Agency - The truth is out there!  (Read 5709 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: The Agency - The truth is out there!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 08:10:03 pm »

AGENCY TAIWAN OFFICE - 0900 LOCAL

As you walk into the nondescript office building, the pleasant heat of the outside gives way to cooled air. The reception area looks normal enough, but that facade falls apart as you walk into the elevator. You turn your access key, given to you by the global Agency director, in the fire keyhole, and the elevator begins to descend. From the ground floor. It takes a good two or three minutes before the doors open, revealing a room full of diligently working analysts and a very large screen. An image of the world is displayed, with glowing red dots in various areas. It seems reminiscent of WarGames, really. A tall, pale Caucasian man approaches you. He has black hair, a hawkish nose, and, oddly enough, a British accent.

"Pleased to see you, Mr. Xing. I'm Director-well, ex-Director Masterson. I'm here to facilitate the handover, and answer any questions you might have. If you'll follow me, I'll show you to your office."

Masterson leads you down a long, tiled hallway. As the two of you walk, he starts talking again.

"We used to base this operation out of Hong Kong, you know. Was much easier cooperating with the British than the Reds, I must say! That's the reason I cultivated this accent, really. Has the added bonus of sounding sophisticated. We had to leave in '97 because the Chinese wouldn't allow an American secret facility on their soil. Truth is, we could have stayed, but we really needed the Chinese to cooperate with us. Ah. Here's your office."

You walk into a large, well-furnished room. An American flag hangs on the far wall, while the center of the room is occupied by a leather chair and glass desk combo. The sleek computer mounted on the desk practically hums with power.

"Welcome to your new home. That door over on the left leads through to your quarters. Not much there, I'm afraid - though there is a kitchen. If you don't know how to cook, you can have meals brought to your office. After all, this facility is relatively self-sufficient. Ah. And here's the real masterpiece. From this computer you can manage the entire Taiwan Office."

He pauses for a second, as if realizing that you haven't said a word, and then goes right back into his monologue.

"All of our aircraft fly out of Ching Chuan Kang Air Base, since it's the closest to our little office here in Taichung. Don't worry too much about penetrating Chinese airspace - we have the cooperation of their government, and also some of their dirty laundry in case they get tetchy. The Library is in a sub-basement of its own. Just get to floor -13, and bring someone else with a security key. It's like a bloody nuclear launch silo down there. So. That's the orientation! I'm sure your aide will be along shortly, but for the meantime you probably ought to log in and get a feel for things. Cheerio!"

He walks out the door, which slides shut behind him. You quickly sit down at the computer and log in.

Code: [Select]
AGENCY CONTROL SYSTEM
Username: GXing
Password: *******
ACCESS GRANTED

The computer flickers to life, revealing the control screen for the Agency.

Agency Alert Status: Yellow
DEFCON: 4

Taiwan Office
The War Room: Green
The Library: Green
Surface Office: Green

Personnel
48 combat agents
12 field agents
4 hacking teams
4 analyst teams

Transportation
6 Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawks (Range: 1200 NM, 1380 M)
6 up-armored vans
2 private jets

Armory
Quantities unlisted, the armory is much larger than necessary.
Colt M4 carbines
Beretta M9s
Navy Mk. 14 EBRs
M249 LMG
C4

Current Alerts
Minor South Korean tabloid site headline: Americans Conspiring with UFOs to Reconnoiter North Korea
Accuracy level: High
Pakistani Newspaper, Islamabad: "Hellmouth" opens in America, swallows whole town
Accuracy level: High
Flyer recovered from Beijing street: Flight MH370 Destroyed by Tentacled Abomination
Accuracy level: Moderate
Vietnamese internet radio host: "Vietnamese officials are under CIA mind control!"
Accuracy level: Low
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 08:47:27 pm »

Pull up the details on the South Korean situation.

What does Yellow alert status mean on the base?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 09:20:02 pm »

((That's the global Agency alert status. Green means everything is good, yellow means that there are enough security issues to give HQ pause, and red means SHRED EVERYTHING AND RUN. Oh, and for simple requests like this, I'll just perform them immediately so as not to bog the game down.))

Alert Details

Accuracy of Article: High
Article Title: Americans Conspiring with UFOs to Reconnoiter North Korea
Article Summary: The U.S. government is utilizing alien craft to fly over North Korea and spy on its leaders and military in preparation for an invasion.
Website Name (translated): The People's Truth
Alignment: Communist-leaning, generally anti-West
Website Details: Hosted in Seoul off of creator's personal server, created 9/1/2014
Site Registration: Hong Min Ki, South Korean male
Analyst Notes (Kyle Franklin): This site popped up a few months ago. Until today, there really wasn't anything special about the place, except for its communist leanings. Then out of nowhere the owner pulls this tidbit of classified data out of his ass. Either he's lucky, knows someone on the inside, or is being given information. None of those things are acceptable. I say bring the hammer down on him. If someone fed him this info as part of a wider plan of dissemination, we might get a clue as to where all these new leaks are coming from.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:12:03 pm by GentlemanRaptor »
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 09:23:55 pm »

Pull up the info on the Pakistani situation, and see if one of our hacking teams can take the Korean story off the site while we prepare to deal with them.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 10:54:55 pm »

Alert Details

Accuracy of Article: High
Article Title: "Hellmouth" opens in America, swallows whole town
Article Summary: A small U.S. town vanished from the map on Saturday, and was replaced by a swirling lake of fire and brimstone. Wailing was reported from the area, along with gnashing of teeth.
Newspaper Name (translated): Information Overdose
Alignment: Potential terrorist leanings, nothing concrete
Newspaper Details: Published somewhere in Islamabad, exact location unknown, created 5/10/10
Newspaper Ownership: Muhammad Yosufzai, Pakistani male
Analyst Notes (Clara Walker): This one's tricky. Some congressman from Nowheresville decided that he'd make a deal with the Devil (yeah, capital D Devil) to increase his power. Unfortunately, he screwed up his summoning circle. Fatally. So Nowheresville got swallowed up by this pit of fire. This kinda strained US-Hell relationships, and having it publicized is only going to make things worse. The implications of this article are all bad. Muhammad either got his info from the Pakistani military, an American who somehow slipped through our net, or our mystery leaker. So either Palkistani intelligence is way better than we thought, we're losing our touch, or the mystery man has his fingers everywhere. I recommend that we try and find this guy's sources before we shut him down.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 11:30:41 pm »

Should we be worried about the actual Hellmouth?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 08:37:41 am »

That's the territory of the Washington Office. You could find out its actual location and send men, but it might be viewed as overstepping your bounds as head of the Taiwan Office.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 08:45:16 am »

Would it be overstepping our boundaries to go after the pakistani man, though? Also Pull up info on the Flight MH370 incident
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 09:41:56 am »

Not really. Most regional offices are not territorial, with the exception of the Washington Office, and Pakistan is technically in an area of overlap between multiple offices. If a report ends up on an office's system, HQ wants that office to investigate the leak.

Alert Details

Accuracy of Article: Moderate
Article Title: Flight MH370 Destroyed by Tentacled Abomination
Article Summary: Flight MH370 was ripped from the sky by a colossal, tentacled beast. This is why it hasn't been found.
Flyer Name (translated): Name not printed
Alignment: Unknown
Flyer Details: Published somewhere in Beijing.
Ownership: Unknown
Analyst Notes (David Zhang): We don't have much to go on here. One of our deep-cover agents in Beijing forwarded this to us when she noticed its similarity to actual events. I'm sure you've seen the photos - MH370 did go down to some sort of tentacled beast, but the reason it hasn't been found is because the Navy killed the thing and then we grabbed the wreckage of the flight. A little research could probably find out a bit more about the publishing location and author.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 10:45:10 am »

Do we know the locations of the individuals involved in the two high accuracy situations?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 10:58:54 am »

Assign one field agent to track down the source of the Flight MH370 in Beijing

Do we know the locations of the individuals involved in the two high accuracy situations?
Also this.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 11:25:19 am »

We should use our analysts to figure out where all these people hole up before we send field agents. I don't know anything about techniques for finding an individual living in a city but it's probably harder than tracing via the internet.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 11:38:42 am »

To an extent. Since the Korean is hosting his site off of his personal computer, his IP gives you a general vicinity, and that will make the search easier.  The Pakistani didn't do you the kindness of printing his address on the paper, so finding him will take some digging.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 12:01:22 pm »

Alright, let's get four field agents on a plane to SK, they're to discretely grab the Korean and confiscate anything related to the event he might have in his home and get everything back here to the office for us to handle, and we'll have one analyst team track down the Pakistani fellow, and another do the same for the Beijing author.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2014, 12:37:41 pm »

Alright, let's get four field agents on a plane to SK, they're to discretely grab the Korean and confiscate anything related to the event he might have in his home and get everything back here to the office for us to handle, and we'll have one analyst team track down the Pakistani fellow, and another do the same for the Beijing author.
+1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6