Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Agency - The truth is out there!  (Read 5716 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: The Agency - The truth is out there!
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 08:35:24 pm »

You deftly tap out a few keyboard commands, and the system tells you that the agents will be in Seoul within three hours. A few more commands, and the analyst teams have received their orders. Just as you finish issuing orders, the door to your office slides open again, and a Hispanic man with ramrod-straight posture and a buzzcut walks in.

"Hello, sir. My name is Walter Fredericks, and I've been assigned as your aide. Director Masterson sent me down as he was leaving to see if you needed anything. Do you have any questions? Are you hungry? Would you like to see the rest of the facility?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 09:44:12 pm »

Pleased to meet you Fredericks. Show me the rest of the base, I'd like you to introduce me to the others. Follow him. Were you Masterson's aide as well? What did you do before this?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 08:22:20 pm »

Fredericks nods, and gestures for you to follow him. He leads you out the sliding door and to the left, away from the facility entrance. As you walk down the hallway, he begins to speak.

"I did serve as Masterson's aide, sir. In fact, I've been with this particular branch of the Agency since it was in Hong Kong. Before that, I was a field agent. One of the best, at least according to my performance reports."

As you are cataloging this information, three men and one woman in black suits come striding down the hallway. The tall, brunette man at the head of the group does a visible double-take when he realizes who is walking towards him. He quickly brings his group to a halt, and addresses you.

"You must be the new director, then. Well, let me be the, well, I guess third person to welcome you to Taiwan! My name is McCoy. Fox McCoy. I head up the field agents here. We were just heading to the surface to get to Seoul, sir."

The woman standing directly behind McCoy gives him a little shove, saying "Let's get a move on, Mulder! We've got a job to do!" McCoy gives you a little smile, and then leads his team down the hallway you came from.

"That's their little joke. It was inevitable, really, what with him being named Fox and all."

Just a little ways further down the hallway, you come to a fairly large sliding blast door, next to a smaller door.

This is the barracks and the armory, sir. Armory behind the big door, barracks behind the little one. We like to keep the troops close to the big guns in case of emergency. Makes us all sleep better. The field agents bunk with the combat agents to foster camaraderie. At least, that's what Director Masterson said. Myself, I think it's because HQ didn't want to spring for more than one nice room.

Fredericks continues the tour, pointing out the civilian sleeping quarters, the server rooms, the cafeteria, and the hackers' workstations. You finally arrive at an unmarked elevator door.

"This leads to the Library. Very hush hush stuff down there. You'll need another person with a high-level access key to even get in the same room as the access console. Fortunately, I am such a person. You ever need to find out about something incredibly classified, just give me a ring. I'll be over in a flash.

You thank Fredericks for the tour, and head back to your office. Time flies by as you properly get settled in, and you are surprised when your computer screen starts flashing red. You hurry over...

AGENCY COMMS SYSTEM
INIT SATELLITE UPLINK.......COMPLETE

Three men and a woman, all in black suits, stand in the rain outside a grey apartment complex. Cars speed by on the roadway behind them. The tallest of them fiddles with what appears to be an earpiece.

"Testing...testing...Alright. The link is online, Director. McCoy speaking. You should be able to hear and see us. Nano-cams are nifty, aren't they! Okay, let's get to brass tacks. We've located the apartment of Hong Min Ki. Even got his room number, 306. How do you want us to handle the approach?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 10:42:55 pm »

Do it discretely Agent McCoy, I trust your judgement. Just get that man on a plane before the day is out.

Become McCoy. Affirmative sir. Agent Hopper, find a back door and post up. I don't want him running. Agent Pace, stay here and watch the front, Laura you're with me. Head through the front door of the complex and into the lobby.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2014, 08:06:35 pm »

You are now Agent Fox McCoy.

You head into the lobby of the apartment complex. The receptionist's desk is directly across from you, with an elevator and a stairwell situated directly to the desk's left. The lighting is warm and yellow - a stark contrast to the clinical, white lights in the Office. Agent Laura follows behind you.

"What's the plan, boss? Elevator or stairs?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2014, 09:26:55 pm »

Head straight for the elevator.

((Am I the only one playing all of a sudden?))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2014, 09:30:55 pm »

Head straight for the elevator.

((Am I the only one playing all of a sudden?))
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2014, 11:54:11 am »

You head to the elevator. Just as the doors are about to close, a family of four squeezes into the elevator with you. The mother offers you an apologetic grin, while the two boys and the father stand in silence. You get out of the elevator on floor 3. The family gets out right behind you and heads down the hall to the left. You look around. To the left, the rooms are odd-numbered, to the right, even.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 12:00:14 pm »

Head to the right to look for 306. When you arrive confirm the fourth guy (can't remember his name) is in position then knock on the door/ring the door bell and see if he is in. (And hope you can speak Korean)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2014, 07:09:12 pm »

You make your way down the hallway, looking for the room. Laura follows behind you, checking the other side of the hall. Suddenly, you hear her call out.

"Found it! 306, right here."

You make your way over to the door and comm Agent Hopper.

"Hopper, you in position?"
"I'm at the rear entrance. Good luck, Mulder."

You ring the doorbell. For several agonizing seconds you hear nothing but your own heartbeat. Then, you hear footsteps and a voice.

"Who is it?"

You are suddenly grateful that you took Korean at college.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2014, 10:57:24 am »

That was weird. Accidentally locked the thread. It's back now.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:06 pm »

Bump for still in existence.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2014, 04:35:18 pm »

I was wondering about that.

"Mr Ki? I have something for you."

Then when he opens the door, muscle your way in with your colleagues, making sure someone stays between him and the exit at all times.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2014, 07:32:01 pm »

I was wondering about that.

"Mr Ki? I have something for you."

Then when he opens the door, muscle your way in with your colleagues, making sure someone stays between him and the exit at all times.
+1 to the action, but that dialogue may just be a bit too cryptic.

We're wearing suits right?

NIS (SK intelligence), we'd like to ask you a few questions.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2014, 08:33:41 pm »

Yeah, suits. Every agent is also packing a silenced Beretta M9.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6