Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Iron Clans [Lordship-style SG]  (Read 2268 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
The Iron Clans [Lordship-style SG]
« on: November 29, 2014, 07:20:15 am »

Your father has died. Your hold has been razed down to scraps and ashes, your people murdered and your stores looted. All you have known of your childhood has faded away, and so, from the ashes and cawing of carrion birds comes someone else. Axe in hand and gun in the other, you mindlessly trod over all the dead clansmen you held dear, the crunching of dead earth and bones filling the unnaturally quiet air. The snow was stained with blood and soot, telling the tale of the night your clan was murdered.

You were not the only one who escaped from the carnage, as you found out over your many days of exile, and many lost and hungry folk have flocked under their rightful chieftain in hopes that they can one day return home. Leading a host of about a hundred or so, you take residence in an abandoned fort, covered in snow and secluded in a dark woods. A cold stream runs through here with salmon, with bears taking residence in nearby caves. Wolves linger here as well, as evidenced by the nightly howling. There is a particularly large and deep cavern deeper in the woods as well.

The fort itself is not as old as it seems, though it is quite poorly made and maintained. The metal is rusted and the bolts are loose in some sections of the fort, and the armory and granary are both empty. The fields could be planted again, with some effort, and one of your folk has brought a small herd of goats with him. You are a stranger to these lands, but from what you've gleamed from your folk you learn you aren't the only clan here. Most of them are strangers to you as well.

Future friends or future foes, it matters not. Today you return from exile. Today is the rebirth of your clan.

Name your chieftain and their gender. Appearance as well, if you want. Name your clan and name your fort.

After that, propose your first action. Your people are cold, homeless and hungry, in danger of raiders and wolves and frostbite. You have about a hundred people, sixty of whom are able-bodied workers. The rest are the old, the sick and the children.

Some background info:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Clans [Lordship-style SG]
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 06:22:53 pm »

PTW

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 07:12:57 pm »

We are Fay Lee, female. Our's most notable feature is our's white hair.

The clan is know as The Hoods, as named after ours god, the Robbin Hood, who stole from the devil and gave to the slaves under him. This fort shall be know as The Sapling, to let the world know that while we may of bended to the latest event, we did not break, and once more shall the forest of hoods take root!

As for actions, food is ours most pressing issue. 40 men(and women) shall hunts the nearby land for food of both meat and veg, ours' goats shall be spare today. 10 shall look for wood to cook with.

The rest shall search the fort, there may still be somethings of value to us.

(That blossom into something much greater then I set out to do.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:15:36 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 08:46:25 pm »

Also look for suitable food for the goats.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 11:57:52 pm »

Warmth is another concern. Let's have 15 or so of our clansmen fix up some areas of the fort, closing off holes and trying to keep the place warm.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 01:45:06 am »

We are Fay Lee, female. Our's most notable feature is our's white hair.

The clan is know as The Hoods, as named after ours god, the Robbin Hood, who stole from the devil and gave to the slaves under him. This fort shall be know as The Sapling, to let the world know that while we may of bended to the latest event, we did not break, and once more shall the forest of hoods take root!

As for actions, food is ours most pressing issue. 40 men(and women) shall hunts the nearby land for food of both meat and veg, ours' goats shall be spare today. 10 shall look for wood to cook with.

The rest shall search the fort, there may still be somethings of value to us.

(That blossom into something much greater then I set out to do.)

One day we shall have our revenge, an we Fay Lee shall rule the world!

(( As always I shall provide the cynical suggestions. ))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 02:27:37 am »

Fay Lee, daughter of Ron Lee, son of Eric Lee, son of Lee. That is your long and great heritage, a boast many upstart clans cannot claim. The snow white hair is the mark of the Hoods; each and every one of your true clansmen share your same snowy hair, and with great pride did your clan braid and tied their hair. This fort you name the Sapling.

You confer your actions to your clansmen, commanding the most able-bodied men and women to hunt the land for roots, berries and nuts, and for deer, fox and rabbit. You send the weaker of your host to search for suitable grazing spots for your goats. The rest you set to fixing the fort and covering it up, meanwhile searching it thoroughly to find anything of value.

All of your hunters come back safe; it seems the beasts were asleep for now. They found a basket of hard roots and nuts, enough to last a few weeks. As for meat, they killed a few squirrels, but it seems game is not plentiful in these woods. They found no other items or landmarks of value that you did not already know about.

The old men and young children you set to find a place for the goats to graze have come back unharmed as well, though a child did scrape his knee on a rock. The field they found was divided into patches by snow, but it was bountiful enough for your small herd to live and thrive.

The builders you sent to fix the fort have come to you with a few bruises. It seems that some pillars and walls were less stable than you thought. The worst they got however was a broken finger and a dozen scrapes, however. The repairs are going quite slowly without the scrap they need. They already felled a few pines nearby for timber but it won't be as strong as it should. They found nothing of note other than some bones of the dead who stayed here and died. If they spent some more time and effort they could probably find something.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 03:01:23 am »

Send 5 scouts to our old home. We may be able to get some easy scrap from there, we know the area, and at worst, we can bury the bodies.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 03:07:26 am »

Send 5 scouts to our old home. We may be able to get some easy scrap from there, we know the area, and at worst, we can bury the bodies.

It's all ash. We may as well just fell a few more trees for support and to build lodging. I'm thinking one large building inside the fort for our clan. Or at least big enough to house the kids :(

As for food just eat some berries and squirrels. Scout more of the area with able bodied warriors, maybe we can find other clans or a scrap yard.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 03:13:48 am »

though a child did scrape his knee on a rock.
Declare war on rocks

Scouting the nearby area is good. Searching the fort some more with more men would also be good.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 06:38:25 am »

You've had it in your heart to send some clansmen back home to bury the dead and maybe get some scrap back, but you're home is a long way from here, and you're not sure if the men you send out would ever come back, not to mention none of you have horses or the provisions to make it back. What little horses you escaped with died or were put out of their misery.

You send out clansmen to continue their scouting of the surrounding areas. They've begun to accustom themselves to their new home, it seems, and already they've begun to name a few places of note. Loudwolf's Den is one of them. They swear that's where all the howling comes from. Another place is the Standing Stone, an unnaturally smooth and rectangular obelisk stands alone in the center of a Grove. The stream they call Lee Lake, in your honor.

The best part of their search was the existence of another clan. Quite a small one, but rather old like yours had been. Your men say their village is nestled at the base of a mountain, next to a pool filled with cave fish. Your men approached warily, but your neighbors were nothing to fear. They were hospitable, but suspicious as well. They don't want to quarrel, they said, but they fear outsiders. Maybe a gift will open them up.

You continue the search of the fort with more men. They take torches with them down into the dark depths of the old fort, but later they emerged dust covered and coughing. One man clutches a broken arm. They tell you that a part of the ceiling gave way and rubble closed off the lower entrances. The poor man's arm was caught as he fell on the ground from the shock.
Dying of laughter?

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 01:34:34 pm »

Let's build a couple of fish traps to get some food out of the stream. Felling more trees and getting lodgings set up sounds good too.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 02:18:37 pm »

aren't we still in winter? If, so won't fish hide away and choose not to go near the surface?

Also wow this fort sucks. We're going to need an expert scavenger to scout this place. An away to open up that entrance without causing more debris to fall.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 04:57:26 pm »

The original post mentioned that there were salmon in the stream if I'm not wrong. We're going to need to be wary when winter ends, as it also mentions bears and wolves in the caves.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 06:49:27 pm »

We should set up some tripwires so we can be alerted if a wolf or something tries to attack us in the middle of the night.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: [1] 2