Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110227 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Five: 6/13 Remain
« Reply #765 on: January 25, 2015, 10:20:03 pm »

That's....

Pretty frickin' genius, actually.

Shamrock
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 25, 2015, 10:21:28 pm »

What if he is mafia though?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 25, 2015, 10:22:56 pm »

I don't think he is, but if we mislynch, and he kills one more player, then he wins.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 25, 2015, 10:41:20 pm »

It's a possibility, I guess. I haven't seen anything to indicate that he's scum since day one, though, so I'm willing to risk it.

Shamrock

Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 25, 2015, 10:43:15 pm »

Unvote

Vote Comrade Shamrock

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 25, 2015, 10:52:02 pm »

one more question:

If the mafia knows that CS will hide, then they would logically target someone else knowing that there is no watchman. But then CS might think about this and watch anyways in hopes of finding the mafia. And the mafia might think of this and attack CS hoping that he did that, and create an infinite loop. This could result in CS being dead anyways.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 26, 2015, 11:32:51 am »

Comrade Shamrock

unvote. I still have suspicions on DA, but it seems we are going for a no lynch, are we not? Should we shorten?

one more question:

If the mafia knows that CS will hide, then they would logically target someone else knowing that there is no watchman. But then CS might think about this and watch anyways in hopes of finding the mafia. And the mafia might think of this and attack CS hoping that he did that, and create an infinite loop. This could result in CS being dead anyways.
Also, OSG, that way lies the wine.

Tangential: Everyone alive has usernames composed of multiple words, resulting in everyone being able to be referred to through acronyms. Carry on.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 26, 2015, 12:07:31 pm »

Unvote

Vote Comrade Shamrock

Ok, what's the point of this? You were already voting for Shamrock, and you never asked my question about why you wanted him on night duty, which seems especially relevant after you speaking against him being put on night duty while still voting for him for it.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 26, 2015, 02:57:09 pm »

I forgot I had already voted for him.

My original reasoning was that he was the one whose role I believed the most (I was wary of the VT's) who didn't have a night action. So it made sense.

I was just pointing out the possibility of him being mafia even though I don't think that is the case.

How many days do you guys think we are from MYOL or LYLO?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 26, 2015, 03:05:34 pm »

one more question:

wtf? what wine?

I'm about to feel really dumb in a few minutes aren't I?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 26, 2015, 03:35:06 pm »

one more question:

wtf? what wine?

I'm about to feel really dumb in a few minutes aren't I?
WIFOM (wine in front of me)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 26, 2015, 04:10:30 pm »

*checks what WIFOM means*

I've seen that around alot, but I didn't actually know what it meant. I guess you are right. The wine is so real in my comment.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 26, 2015, 07:14:44 pm »

I apologize for weekend inactivity.

one more question:

This is actually a good outcome - if the scum can't predict what CS will do, they'll probably target elsewhere (because targeting him if he hides would be a serious setback at this point of the game).

There was nothing explicit saying that was what happened. That was just a theory. There could be several other explanations like:

I got evidence planted on me.
I am a miller.
You are a random cop.

When you inspected Turian, you found several copies of mien Kamf, presumably because she was the one handing them out. Maybe it is the same for me.

Could you please give the flavor text for when you investigated me?

My updated reads:
Scummiest
TheDarkStar (I am wary of all VT's and TDS seems the lease involved out of the three of them)
Mastahcheese/Darksword (these two are pretty much tied, they are up here because they claimed VT
Deus Asmoth (I am not entirely sure your results are accurate. It might be possible that you are just a random cop)
Comrade Shamrock (your claim seems the most plausible to me, and I don't see why the mod would give the mafia your power)
Towniest

Why are you wary of the vanilla townies? Why do you think Comrade is nearly the towniest player when you express so many doubts about him? If not him, who should be on lookout duty?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Four: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #778 on: January 26, 2015, 07:36:50 pm »

origami:
I just remembered this.
Wasn't Scripten the survivor?
You claim survivor too. Why would you think Scripten was one as well? It said his alignment (outsider) next to his name when he flipped.

Also as a survivor why would you be concerned if I was mafia? You win with everyone.

TDS:
Please don't forget to get around to responding to my accusations against you. I want to hear what you've been up to.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 26, 2015, 07:55:35 pm »

I forgot I had already voted for him.

My original reasoning was that he was the one whose role I believed the most (I was wary of the VT's) who didn't have a night action. So it made sense.

I was just pointing out the possibility of him being mafia even though I don't think that is the case.

How many days do you guys think we are from MYOL or LYLO?
We don't know how many scum there are, so we don't know the answer to that. Either one or two is the most likely.

If you believed Shamrock's claimed role, why did you think it was a good idea to put three votes that you thought were on the town's side into a position where they could be night killed without any chance of us seeing who did it?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57