Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110222 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Four: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #630 on: January 21, 2015, 03:37:33 pm »

Let me rephrase that:

I don't trust Flabort, but Vivalas has had it coming to him for too long to not let him be lynched.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 21, 2015, 03:40:58 pm »

Wasn't Scripten the survivor?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 21, 2015, 03:46:40 pm »

Scripten was an outsider, which I think could mean a number of things.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 21, 2015, 03:48:08 pm »

To expand on what Deus Asmoth said: outsider is any wincon not on the standard wincon list, so it could mean damn near anything.

Of course, deadchat already knows what it was, so if you want to learn hurry up and die :P

Day ends in about 4 hours.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 21, 2015, 04:02:09 pm »

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I still think that vivalas is anti-town. Even though he claimed Vig, he said he hasn't done anything yet which I find extremely suspicious.

@DA I'm PVT Joseph Renner of the 1st infantry division. My role is Rogue Soldier, Town-ally ( see the town win the game)

(Night) Kill[target]. So yeah, I'm the vig.  However I have refrained from using my night ability since I don't have high enough suspicions of certain people, and vig can be more bad then good.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 21, 2015, 04:31:02 pm »

Origami:
What made you think he was a SK at all? Why did you bring it up?

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I still think that vivalas is anti-town. Even though he claimed Vig, he said he hasn't done anything yet which I find extremely suspicious.

@DA I'm PVT Joseph Renner of the 1st infantry division. My role is Rogue Soldier, Town-ally ( see the town win the game)

(Night) Kill[target]. So yeah, I'm the vig.  However I have refrained from using my night ability since I don't have high enough suspicions of certain people, and vig can be more bad then good.
It's his first game. He claims vig. He might have a lot of doubt regarding his ability to play and so may be worried about screwing up and shooting the wrong person. Yes he could be anti town (I think mafia ally but that you are scum) but pushing on the fact that he has not done anything I find a bit weak. Everyone has so far considered him the scummiest, pushing weak arguments which will do wonders for your confidence in an ability with permanent effects which can't be mitigated by group thinking.

I don't trust Flabort, but Vivalas has had it coming to him for too long to not let him be lynched.
To be honest this really sounded more like you just want him dead for no reason except that it suits you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 21, 2015, 04:35:28 pm »

At first, I thought he was SK because I thought that Scripten was a survivor. I saw his general people-pleasing attitude as an attempt to not get lynched or night killed. So I thought he was third-party. And because survivor was taken, I theorized that he was SK.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 21, 2015, 04:37:56 pm »

And the absence of a second night kill?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 21, 2015, 04:49:07 pm »

I figured he was an x-shot.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 21, 2015, 05:00:17 pm »

I don't think a SK would be an x-shot. Their job is hard enough as they are alone.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 21, 2015, 05:37:41 pm »

In a game with this few players, it is unlikely that the SK would have infinite kills, since the game would be over too fast. So i think that the SK would have limited kills.
OR:
The SK could have unlimited kills, and the mafia don’t.
What of the possibility of scum not even having a NK? It seems flabort vigkilled Perseus, and that mafia have killed no one, perhaps they have to get people lynched using their ability with framing/mafia cop. The flavor of Persus's death may kill this argument, but hey, everyone has guns, so it would make sense the bullets all look the same, but this would bring question about TolyK's death, and this section of my post is mostly WIFOM.
Vivales is the only one who thinks the mafia may not have night kills. While this may be true (it is bastard after all) I don’t think anybody would suspect this possibility unless they:
were the mafia
Have been killing everybody and are not mafia
Since I find it extremely unlikely that a member of the mafia would give everybody the idea of the Mafia having no NK’s, option B fits Vivalas better.
 One more thing: claiming Vig is fairly common for SK’s.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 21, 2015, 05:50:21 pm »

Fair enough

Vivalas

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 21, 2015, 06:46:49 pm »

The final hour dawns, and the executioner slips the black hood over the convict, and asks him for his last words....

Well its rather hard to defend myself, when I get bandwagon'd on the last day, with no time to post, when I already have inactivity issues as is buuutttt....

With 30 mins before you put a bullet through my head, I shall dump my thoughts into a post or two.

I really don't think there is a SK. With so few players, putting a SK in doesn't make sense anyways..

I feel rather bad for being lynched by like 3 people, for the reason of not having anyone else to noose, when there are people with ridiculous stories and such, to point fingers at, but I'm not going to dwelve into that.

This has been quite a nice experience, I feel I understand mafia much better, and would like to play it more (okay, I miiiiiighhttt play a beginner game). I find the concept of this game neat, and like ToS just as much.

Although my inexperience may be part of it, I feel my akwardness and weirdness of my posts is due to my inactivity, and the lack of time to formulate my thoughts, and read clearly. I feel as if I can get better at that, and will enjoy the game much more.

Anyways, my thoughts on the game...

I feel bad for town, we are getting close to MYLO or LYLO, and only one scum is dead. I feel as if I could help with my kill ability, but the time is past for that. I just hope Deus (if he really is town :P) finds scum quick. I don't know if the framer is caught, or if there was even a framer to begin with, but I think Deus probably is good cop.

Flabort, I'm skeptical of you, your claims are all over the place, maybe scum

Origami, you just have moodswings, your votes are all over the place, prob neutral.

Mastacheese, you seem town, but have some skeptical bits.

TDS, don't know, alledgedly town, but...........

Deathsword, well I appreciate your attempts at scumhunting, but you wasted your time for a good part of the game, feels town

Shamrock, seems active, has good vibes, thinking town.

So there are my ghetto reads, did I forget anyone?

Anyways I hope to become a better mafia player and join this really good thing you got going here.

P.S. I feel as if I were jester, this would be an amazing victory, but jester in forum mar makes l
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 21, 2015, 06:48:19 pm »

forum maf* makes little sense.

I didn't use my vig since, It has bad consequences if used wildly, and I didn't do enough scum hunting to justify using it.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 21, 2015, 07:01:22 pm »

I think the voting is closed in like 30 seconds!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57