Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110210 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Five: 6/13 Remain
« Reply #780 on: January 26, 2015, 10:04:36 pm »

Day ends in one RL day, votecout may be coming later depending on whether or not I can get my brain to start functioning properly.  In the meantime, enjoy your game!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Four: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #781 on: January 26, 2015, 10:30:42 pm »

origami:
I just remembered this.
Wasn't Scripten the survivor?
You claim survivor too. Why would you think Scripten was one as well? It said his alignment (outsider) next to his name when he flipped.

Also as a survivor why would you be concerned if I was mafia? You win with everyone.

I faked ignorance when I was accused by CS of a sudden lackluster attack on vivales
origami:Says Vivalas is his no. 1 scum pick. But then says Viv needs to go based on policy. He has disengaged somewhat from his earlier accusation becoming more distant on his stance on the lynch.
Even though I was completely aware of the role outsider not being survivor
Anyone:
Looking at the mafiasum wiki it keeps directing me to miller when I look for outsider. So does Scriptens role mean something else?
It means that his wincon is nonstandard.
The real reason that I was suddenly so disengaged was that flabort claimed JOAT and I was almost certain that he was scum. I didn't want to reveal during the day for reasons mentioned previously.
*checks what JOAT stands for*
Yeah, I should have guessed that's what it stood for. Yes, I'm a jack of all trades, just swap out the OS-roleblocker with always-3rd-miller.

As for me being survivor, I really want the town to win. Since this is my first mafia game, it seems that the town is the underdog and I usually root for underdogs. Also, I keep forgetting that I am a survivor and try to play as a town. I also figured that not caring about who wins would get me lynched, so I try to be as helpful to the town as I can.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 27, 2015, 07:29:05 am »

OGS, why are you not answering this question? I've asked you it three times now.

I forgot I had already voted for him.

My original reasoning was that he was the one whose role I believed the most (I was wary of the VT's) who didn't have a night action. So it made sense.

I was just pointing out the possibility of him being mafia even though I don't think that is the case.

How many days do you guys think we are from MYOL or LYLO?
We don't know how many scum there are, so we don't know the answer to that. Either one or two is the most likely.

If you believed Shamrock's claimed role, why did you think it was a good idea to put three votes that you thought were on the town's side into a position where they could be night killed without any chance of us seeing who did it?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 27, 2015, 08:06:37 am »

I just answered the question.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 27, 2015, 08:17:59 am »

I forgot I had already voted for him.

My original reasoning was that he was the one whose role I believed the most (I was wary of the VT's) who didn't have a night action. So it made sense.

I was just pointing out the possibility of him being mafia even though I don't think that is the case.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 27, 2015, 08:56:10 am »

Why did you think it was preferable to have the player worth the most votes in the position where he would be easiest to kill without repercussion? Why not suggest yourself for it if you don't plan on using your last ability?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 27, 2015, 09:57:25 am »

You said it yourself.
Well, I have an idea. Since Shamrock is worth three votes, there could still be up to three scum left in this game without it finishing immediately unless I've misunderstood something. Because of this, and the fact that our night watchmen appear to be incapable of seeing past the ends of their noses, is anyone else in favour of putting Shamrock on watch duty and getting him to hide in the interest of keeping his alive as long as possible?
It makes sense for him to be watchman so he can hide and be safe.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 27, 2015, 10:12:08 am »

I know it does. I suggested it. That idea didn't come up at all when you voted for him, you said it was because you didn't trust the VTs. You also didn't red vote me until there were already two votes on me in spite of questioning me for most of the day. Were you trying to avoid blame on that lynch?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 27, 2015, 10:17:52 am »

I voted you because I thought you were lurking. I was questioning you for information, not to try and trick you. but when I saw you were active yet not posting to the questions on the thread, I voted for you. I unvoted you once you said you didn't know.

As for CS, I thought I would be planting evidence on TDS, and I trusted CS the most. Now that I am not planning on incriminating TDS anymore, I am fine being watchman. But as you said, it makes sense to put CS on watch.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 27, 2015, 01:43:01 pm »

What would have been the benefit in framing TDS, though? It's ridiculous that I've survived this long in the first place, why waste a night of my investigation to find out if you have an ability that we think the scum have anyway?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 27, 2015, 03:52:05 pm »

Since I didn't see any other practical purpose of my ability so I figured I could use it to prove my role.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 27, 2015, 06:27:56 pm »

DA, I've answered almost all of your questions before, why are you asking me all these questions again?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 27, 2015, 07:26:18 pm »

Because you still haven't answered my question. You knew that Shamrock has three votes and believed his claim to that effect, yet you wanted him on guard duty anyway. I'm not asking you whether you trusted him or not, I'm not asking you if you trusted anyone else or what you planned to do tonight yourself, I want to know why you thought that arguably the most valuable member of the town should be put in the most vulnerable position possible.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 27, 2015, 08:27:58 pm »

How is hiding on guard duty the most dangerous position? It is 100% safety.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 27, 2015, 08:34:24 pm »

How is hiding on guard duty the most dangerous position? It is 100% safety.
IF he hides. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure hiding only protects against kills. And I have no idea if a roleblock would prevent someone from hiding.

That said, Shamrock is in quite a lot of danger tonight, and going by the claims we have no way to protect him.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57