Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163977 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1470 on: June 26, 2015, 12:52:47 pm »

I disagree with the might part, it should be should. And the fact that the team fund can make money out of nothing with a one time investment. If it has to be handled by the team fund and not the armory, then there has to be some production cost, like a cost for the carbon used for example.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 26, 2015, 01:00:33 pm »

I disagree with the might part, it should be should.

So, instead of:
Team fund might be involved into buying a box and then selling the limbs, but we'll see about that (maybe 1 token per 3 or so limbs
You're saying it should be:
Team fund should be involved into buying a box and then selling the limbs, but we'll see about that (maybe 1 token per 3 or so limbs
Or is it:
Team fund might be involved into buying a box and then selling the limbs, and if it is the limbs will still cost money to the buyer.

Besides, I was just reporting what me and try had come up with yet, no real plans yet.

It's still a ten token investment, and probably won't make its money back for quite a while. The exact amount of limbs per token we can discus, but it's 1 token per regular limb from the AM, so if we can't offer a better deal than that, there's no point to using sharkmist.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 26, 2015, 01:33:08 pm »

It's still a ten token investment, and probably won't make its money back for quite a while. The exact amount of limbs per token we can discus, but it's 1 token per regular limb from the AM, so if we can't offer a better deal than that, there's no point to using sharkmist.

Maybe there should be no point? What exactly is the purpose of providing a better deal than the Armory does, for this service? Sellback to the fund I can agree with, it just keeps the gear in circulation without wasting tokens. Making gear the Armory won't bother with, or providing services the Armory doesn't have, that I also understand. But if all you're doing is the same as what the Armory does but cheaper, what is stopping the Armory from using the cheaper method? If you want to cheapen the limbs via sharkmist, just propose it as an upgrade.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 26, 2015, 03:05:55 pm »

Maybe there should be no point? What exactly is the purpose of providing a better deal than the Armory does, for this service? Sellback to the fund I can agree with, it just keeps the gear in circulation without wasting tokens. Making gear the Armory won't bother with, or providing services the Armory doesn't have, that I also understand. But if all you're doing is the same as what the Armory does but cheaper, what is stopping the Armory from using the cheaper method? If you want to cheapen the limbs via sharkmist, just propose it as an upgrade.

Originally we had to choose between "1 token limbs, can only take so many with you" and "vat to grow limbs, bigger and heavier, more expensive, certain dangers if spilled, but practically unlimited limbs". But since growing your limbs on-mission seemed silly, I told tryar another alternative, which probably would've been the end result anyway for people who'd buy a vat. The idea to have the team fund buy a vat and sell limbs seemed logical after that, due to the high start-up cost and because it fits within the team fund goal, but that idea still provisional. Though if the fund doesn't I suspect then either somebody else will buy a vat and sell limbs the same way, or nobody will because 10 tokens is a lot, making that part of the idea useless.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 26, 2015, 04:46:34 pm »

Originally we had to choose between "1 token limbs, can only take so many with you" and "vat to grow limbs, bigger and heavier, more expensive, certain dangers if spilled, but practically unlimited limbs". But since growing your limbs on-mission seemed silly, I told tryar another alternative, which probably would've been the end result anyway for people who'd buy a vat. The idea to have the team fund buy a vat and sell limbs seemed logical after that, due to the high start-up cost and because it fits within the team fund goal, but that idea still provisional. Though if the fund doesn't I suspect then either somebody else will buy a vat and sell limbs the same way, or nobody will because 10 tokens is a lot, making that part of the idea useless.
getting enough funds together, I'd certainly be interested in such a business venture. I'd even go partners on it with a discerning, preferably not noticably insane, fellow inmate.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: June 26, 2015, 05:09:49 pm »

@Corsair

I'm gonna agree with Nik here, and say an Assaultsuit is a good choice.  I suggest you get a mobility variant, which trades some survivability for flight.

Another option is a Heavy Robotic Body (That thing Yaroslav was testing), which is basically the same as a mobility variant assaultsuit except it's small enough to easily go almost anywhere your comrades can go, and you can't exit it because you're a brain in a body, rather than a pilot in a cockpit.

Okay, what is this integrated weapons variant that Nikitan mentioned you were working on because if it is amazing for my purposes then I would definitely wait for it. Also between MMI and Analog controls what are the differences of each?
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 26, 2015, 05:32:44 pm »

getting enough funds together, I'd certainly be interested in such a business venture. I'd even go partners on it with a discerning, preferably not noticably insane, fellow inmate.
Elias would definitely appreciate extra human limbs. If he can get free ones afterwards, he'll happily pay you his five mission tokens to help buy a vat.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 26, 2015, 05:49:49 pm »

I am willing to support you, plus, now that my character is medicated he shall be sane.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 26, 2015, 05:57:07 pm »

So if we all pitch in a bit of cash, we'll have a valuable limb-vat co-owned by a completely insane and often violent slaver with schizophrenia, the surly mechanic who he tried to enslave, and a usually friendly but easily aggravated cannibal. I'm not sure if this is a terrible idea or an amazing one.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 26, 2015, 06:06:35 pm »

Keep in mind the limb-vat can only grow one form that can't be changed after purchase.
Any grown limbs will have to be universal and you'll have to buy a new vat for organs.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 26, 2015, 06:09:38 pm »

This is the best Ideal ever, I am the mad scientist medic walking around in full plate, the surely mechanic who hates everyone else, and a cannibal. This is the most sane Ideal I think anyone on the sword has ever had!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 26, 2015, 06:15:46 pm »

So you're a man of Ideals, I see.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 26, 2015, 06:19:37 pm »

So you're a man of Ideals, I see.
I pride my self in my ability to think.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 26, 2015, 06:23:41 pm »

You shouldn't.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 26, 2015, 06:28:13 pm »

You shouldn't.
Why not, Come on! Join the fun!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 155