Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 164015 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1455 on: June 25, 2015, 07:39:48 pm »

((Greetings hep people, hope this is the right place for this, after I arrive on ship I will have a 15 tokens total to spend on powerarmour of some description and was wondering if there was anything along those lines I should be aware of for components/upgrades of and/or full suits of powerarmour. Also are you able/allowed to customise armours to a specific role [similar to how the battlesuits came with variants].))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 25, 2015, 08:00:53 pm »

Quote from: Nikitian
@Syvarris See? Do you still think the Council deserves to run Tinker? Or to continue to exist?
Tinker is increasingly the rope I gave others with which to hang me.

February 07, 2014.  Increasingly.
Sudden insight: Piecewise loves Tinker. Because Tinker is his personal technique of you-know-what-kind asphyxiation. And by now he's simply addicted to he pleasure!
Here goes another assassin squad...

Wunderkinder Project discussion
Spoiler: Intro (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Parisbre56 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Finally (click to show/hide)

((Greetings hep people, hope this is the right place for this, after I arrive on ship I will have a 15 tokens total to spend on powerarmour of some description and was wondering if there was anything along those lines I should be aware of for components/upgrades of and/or full suits of powerarmour. Also are you able/allowed to customise armours to a specific role [similar to how the battlesuits came with variants].))
There is not much in the way of customization possible, but the best we can offer for 15 token is an assaultsuit. Given that your character apparently has +2 Aux, he should be able to pilot it, and that is the absolute best sort of 'power armor' you can buy for 15 tokens. There also is old and near-obsolete Protectorate Suit and Syvarris's updated Milnoplate (the latter possibly being prototyped for the next mission), but they don't get you nearly that much bang for your buck. You could also try and wait out on Sean's new Assaultsuit variant with integrated weapons, but it might or might not be finished and prototyped in time for the next mission.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 25, 2015, 08:23:39 pm »

@Corsair

I'm gonna agree with Nik here, and say an Assaultsuit is a good choice.  I suggest you get a mobility variant, which trades some survivability for flight.

Another option is a Heavy Robotic Body (That thing Yaroslav was testing), which is basically the same as a mobility variant assaultsuit except it's small enough to easily go almost anywhere your comrades can go, and you can't exit it because you're a brain in a body, rather than a pilot in a cockpit.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 25, 2015, 09:57:55 pm »

Read the spoilers only if you care about philosophy and aren't already well educated about it. they aren't long, but they arne't interesting either.

On A lighter note, I moved over to my computer desk, and every time I want to move the cursor, I reach for my other mouse, and wonder why I can't find my cursor. I've done this at least six times now.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 26, 2015, 03:09:28 am »

Gaaaah, this is important and useful information!  What's with you people and secret PM conversations, it only helps PW fuck us over...

Because it's just so much fun!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 26, 2015, 03:14:30 am »

PW fucking us over is kind of the name of the game, here. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 26, 2015, 06:20:32 am »

Gaaaah, this is important and useful information!  What's with you people and secret PM conversations, it only helps PW fuck us over...

So secret PM conversations is a thing. I guessed there was something to ER going unnoticed by the newer folks like me. Well this confirms it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 26, 2015, 06:23:09 am »

Nobody in ER knows everything about ER.

Not even the gm.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 26, 2015, 06:31:13 am »

That is why we perform penetration testing on armor here on Heph. We believe that the secrets of the universe are encoded in their thickness.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 26, 2015, 06:32:45 am »

That is why we perform penetration testing on armor here on Heph. We believe that the secrets of the universe are encoded in their thickness.

I thought it was local analogue of waterboarding the GM. Like, trying to make him break down in order to do something you want.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 26, 2015, 06:34:11 am »

I thought it was local analogue of waterboarding the GM. Like, trying to make him break down in order to do something you want.
That too.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 26, 2015, 11:33:13 am »

After talking with tryar, we've come up with a system for the limbs replacement thing. Here's what we've got:

- A box of sharkmist to grow limbs costs 10 tokens. We would basically buy one of these, and keep it on the sword itself and grow limbs, and just hand out packs of limbs for people to carry along on mission. Less risks and such, less weight to lug around. Limbs works for robots and fleshies (far as I know, need to double check).
- One needs a 3 token gurney box carrying all the tools to do the operation in the field. Is rather heavy, needs a robot to carry it. Medic would probably have to buy this himself.
- We'll look into designing a carrying unit that can carry this box, would cost something like 3 tokens. I'm thinking 4 legs that can be folded in, and with wheels on the side, so the legs would only need to be used on bad terrain/stairs, it can just drive around (and be much quicker, mind) the rest of the time. No concrete plans yet on what would control it, maybe a simple computer or remote control.
- Limbs can be made interchangeable left/right, and maybe arm/feet, though performance loss is to be double checked.
- Team fund might be involved into buying a box and then selling the limbs, but we'll see about that (maybe 1 token per 3 or so limbs
- organs might be possible, but that's probably for later, let's see if the system works for limbs

Tryar, anything I forgot you wanted to add?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1467 on: June 26, 2015, 12:10:08 pm »

Team fund might be involved into buying a box and then selling the limbs, but we'll see about that (maybe 1 token per 3 or so limbs

I disagree with this. It is completely unbalanced since it gives you limbs for free with no risk. Limbs and organs taken from the vat should cost something. Maybe 1 token a pair or 4 tokens for 2 full replacement sets+organs.

Also, any carrier should take into consideration that we might have to perform surgery somewhere with unfavourable atmosphere and thus an add-on or a package that provides that should be provided.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 26, 2015, 12:19:45 pm »

Team fund might be involved into buying a box and then selling the limbs, but we'll see about that (maybe 1 token per 3 or so limbs

I disagree with this. It is completely unbalanced since it gives you limbs for free with no risk. Limbs and organs taken from the vat should cost something. Maybe 1 token a pair or 4 tokens for 2 full replacement sets+organs.

Also, any carrier should take into consideration that we might have to perform surgery somewhere with unfavourable atmosphere and thus an add-on or a package that provides that should be provided.
We already have pressure tents for only two tokens. They're unarmored, but they'll work.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 26, 2015, 12:35:59 pm »

So 1 token for 3 limbs is 'completely unbalanced', but 1 token for 2 is fine you say?

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 155