Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 164263 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #525 on: February 17, 2015, 09:46:51 am »

So what do people who want to go to Hephaestus do now? How does it work with the new system of governance?
Because I've been wanting to help out with Hephaestus for a long time. Plus, now it makes sense from an IC perspective.

You could pick an admin to sub under, I suppose. But there will only be the 4/5 (I suppose Emp as Admin of HR is kinda one, but he doesn't really do projects or control workgroups, so he's kind of a weird, different kind).
Oh, that's good. I was hoping I could just come there and help everybody, but this also works.

Hey, syvarris, Sean, Empiricist, Nikitian! Any of you need a helper/lackey? You know, someone to help with things? Talk about projects? Delegate work to? Bring you coffee?

I don't think Anton needs any assistance in his tasks. He needs the occasional kick in the backside to remind him of the tasks, but he needs no assistance. Not even accounting for the whole thing where his tasks essentially boil down to ordering other people around already. People to talk to about his projects, he probably needs even less (not until after they're finished and he has something to show, anyway :P).

Coffee would be nice though. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 17, 2015, 09:54:25 am »

Actually, why specify who one would work under (except maybe for clearance/vouching purposes)? The way I see it, all of the admins will probably continue creating some designs from time to time and doing other 'out of the field' work, and the positions are more about responsibility and authority than strictly designated field of work. Thus I find it perfectly acceptable for an assistant or something to work with a number of admins simultaneously, helping with their jobs. I mean, I was actually myself hoping to work with/under Emp on social engineering as a part-time activity.

That said, I'd certainly benefit from a helping hand if I am able to step on the soil of Hephaestus again and take that position, so you can count at least on my invitation.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 17, 2015, 10:06:39 am »

Actually, how difficult is it to maintain character stats every update? This is far less work than that. Plus if it's done every update instead of every X days, it's kept in focus - so not as likely to be accidentally forgotten.

Then again, how often do people update their own inventory/stat changes? If it weren't for our fantastic wiki gnomes, a lot would be horribly outdated.
And the Hep page itself. How often does anyone from Hep, aside from syv, keep that thing really updated? Either way, that's just my thoughts on the matter, we'll see what majority vote says.

The successor to the HEP - the PEW! That's just perfect. ;D
Still needs a name though. I think I'll keep the sunrise thing and call it the Zarya. But the PEW stays.

That's gotta be the first time I propose a name for something that isn't immediately nuked. Hooray!

Actually, why specify who one would work under (except maybe for clearance/vouching purposes)? The way I see it, all of the admins will probably continue creating some designs from time to time and doing other 'out of the field' work, and the positions are more about responsibility and authority than strictly designated field of work. Thus I find it perfectly acceptable for an assistant or something to work with a number of admins simultaneously, helping with their jobs. I mean, I was actually myself hoping to work with/under Emp on social engineering as a part-time activity.

Personally, I agree with this. Having the heads as responsible for their department, as opposed to only doing that, seems most flexible. So a temp worker could the just pursue his projects when nobody requests his assistance, but would need to get the appropriate head involved (for permission/help/clearance).

Small thing though: I think Lars is supposed to be head of propaganda, with Charles under him. Might wanna work that out, to keep things clear (unless toaster just gives his position to charles/emp, would probably be easier. Whatever, you guys can work it out).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 17, 2015, 10:14:07 am »

Technically, yes, Lars was appointed by Steve to be the head, but Lars has been doing more field work while Charles has been staying around.  They worked together the whole Heph timeskip; Lars trusts Charles to get things done at this point.  If Lars stays on missions (and he's a frontliner at heart) then he may be more of a titular head while Charles is the real worker.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 17, 2015, 10:17:04 am »

Technically, yes, Lars was appointed by Steve to be the head, but Lars has been doing more field work while Charles has been staying around.  They worked together the whole Heph timeskip; Lars trusts Charles to get things done at this point.  If Lars stays on missions (and he's a frontliner at heart) then he may be more of a titular head while Charles is the real worker.

Yeah, but it might be more convenient if you then adjusted the administrative reality to the actual one. Like, if Charles wants to initiate a project pertaining his division, right now he'd need Lars' permission (I think, I'm not sure how you guys handle this) to initiate it. And If lars is on mission, that'd introduce delays and such. Unless you just communicate anyway and handwave it as having happened at some other point when Lars was on ship.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 17, 2015, 10:22:17 am »

I think it's safe to consider it handwaved.  "I must go serve Steve on the front lines.  Brother Charles, I trust your judgement in leading the prophetic matters to the unenlightened masses."

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 17, 2015, 10:29:14 am »

I think it's safe to consider it handwaved.  "I must go serve Steve on the front lines.  Brother Charles, I trust your judgement in leading the prophetic matters to the unenlightened masses."

If you prefer to keep power with you and handwave the annoyances, then that's fine by me. I doubt pw would complain either way.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 17, 2015, 10:30:13 am »

It's not really power with me; Charles pretty much has a blank check to do what he wants.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 17, 2015, 10:32:43 am »

It's not really power with me; Charles pretty much has a blank check to do what he wants.

Ah. In that case, Purely Decorative Title go!

Incidentally, do you have any plans for the future regarding your job? Because there's a thing or two I had in mind to ask of Lars, but I'd like to know if you actually feel like doing something like that in the near future.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:42:25 am by Radio Controlled »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 17, 2015, 10:46:55 am »

No real future plans; Lars hasn't had any real downtime in a long time.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 17, 2015, 10:55:20 am »

No real future plans; Lars hasn't had any real downtime in a long time.

So, would that be a yes or a no to potential propaganda assignment? Don't say yes because you feel like you have to, it's still just a vague idea I have at the moment.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 17, 2015, 10:56:56 am »

Neither, really.  If Lars finds himself off mission, he'd be willing to take it up.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 17, 2015, 11:03:15 am »

Neither, really.  If Lars finds himself off mission, he'd be willing to take it up.

I'm asking Toaster the Player whether he wants to put up with it, or just enjoy some time off. Whether Lars the Preacher is actually available we'll see when the time comes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 17, 2015, 11:08:57 am »

Toaster the Player has been torn on this issue for quite some time; he likes being on missions but also wants some time off to actually finish reading the Pantheon.  If he did get said time off, he'd be happy to take that sidequest (because it probably won't take all his time off.)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 17, 2015, 12:36:49 pm »

Toaster the Player has been torn on this issue for quite some time; he likes being on missions but also wants some time off to actually finish reading the Pantheon.  If he did get said time off, he'd be happy to take that sidequest (because it probably won't take all his time off.)
How much you got the Patheon Bible scanned? Because now you have time to study it because your mission is finished and you can't go to the ship yet.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 155