Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 164200 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #360 on: January 30, 2015, 08:02:08 pm »

Well, I'd love to see it that way, and then Mk+ III 2.0 designed in the same vein.
The project for upgraded generators and fuel mixtures was done a while ago, yes. Was that what you had in mind?
Yeah, for some reason I thought that research was skipped. Silly of me.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 31, 2015, 12:15:09 am »

@Radio

Yeah, I'm fine with creating battlesuit 2.0 (Which I will hereafter call a "Beetlesuit").  Primarily, right now I'm just rushing to get something out, because the missions are gonna be over soon.  This is why I crammed the sharksuit design in there too.

Although, what exactly needs to be improved about the battlesuit, beyond the armor?  I mean, there's minor things, like camera blinkers, a crotch cam, changing the location of the cockpit release... but none of it's important enough to justify waiting, and they probably wouldn't even need a new line of beetlesuits anyway.

If you mean stuff like the improved generator/fuel/whatever tech, I've always assumed that stuff is just integrated into our equipment automatically.  I mean, if it's just a straight upgrade, why would we build anything that doesn't use it?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 31, 2015, 12:18:01 am »

Well, one thing we might need is a reinforced skeleton for the suit to handle the new stuff. Though we can make that out of the new materials...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 31, 2015, 12:34:47 am »

You guys might want to specify that the new materials/tech be integrated into existing systems(besides the new armor for the battlesuit which is being worked on now), assuming that it is could be hazardous.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 31, 2015, 12:51:18 am »

Quick suggestion for the beetle-suits, could you add in a pressurised water sprayer on one of the fingers in case the cams get obscured in some way?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 31, 2015, 03:10:54 pm »

Suggestion for the sharksuit, have it with overlapping "scales" of the shark mist armor. Have the underlying cloth be a very thin layer of the old civic defenders long coat material.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #366 on: January 31, 2015, 03:30:10 pm »

There are actually sleeveless wetsuits with attachable sleeves for arms and legs. Mostly used in sailing or scuba diving so that you can adjust to the temperature and weather. Of course, the seams are a point of weakness when used in an armour, although on the other hand the sharkplate should be able to "eat" the sleeves to eliminate the seams. Unless the fact that the sharkplate cells are from different "cell colonies" with different designs prevents that somehow.

Although one should test what happens when the MK suit underneath gets damaged. Does the sharkplate start eating the flesh beneath? Does it spread in the body like the original sharkmist did? Should users of that armour invest in anti-shark vaccines?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 31, 2015, 03:43:17 pm »

Treatise on a New Model battlesuit
Spoiler: Introduction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battlesuit weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combined arms (click to show/hide)
tl; dr:
A mutant demon scorpion straight out of bored Doctor's imagination! Pewing mighty lazors out of its tentacle tail, punching and pickling things with arms growing in place of pincers, deflecting enemy projectiles midair, crawling on walls and ceilings, carrying a small team of hardened criminals on its back and - gasp! - actually fitting in-doors!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 31, 2015, 04:37:54 pm »

Treatise on a New Model battlesuit
You... basically want a Vampyr? A tailed Vampyr.

Or perhaps if I'm feeling nefarious, I could point out you're basically looking at an upscaled Artee. Quadruped, tail laser, arms, built-in weaponry... :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 31, 2015, 05:08:52 pm »

Yup, I came around the question of an upscaled Artee... and then I judged that the number of legs is integral to the concept of your design, and four is probably still too few to be redundant. Now, say, if you were fine with Sleipnir... :P

Frankly, I am also on the fence whether keeping 'humanlike' arms is beneficial or not. Theoretically, there could have been far better limbs as tentacles with tentacle fingers, but maybe an average pilot won't be able to operate them fine enough. Then again it comes to the question of training and how the heck are they able to operate the battlesuit limbs that well - I assumed that legs (and possibly arms) control was sort of abstracted and computer-assisted, but what if not?
Anyway, proper machine control is unavailable without mind-machine interface, and that one is still not cracked and contradictorily unconfirmed (robopeople clearly can do things, yet at the same time reportedly only aux-augmented "computer brain" people can do things).
Past Sigs

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 31, 2015, 07:13:52 pm »

Okay, so... Well, I disagree with you about... almost all of that, really.  The below spoiler contains a detailed breakdown of everything that I think is flawed, and I kinda feel guilty for ripping apart an idea like that.  However, despite everything I say below, I want to say this: I think a complete redesign has potential to be a great thing, but I'm not going to make one, because I don't see why it would be great.  If you make something, and it works well, by all means I'll support it- I'm just not gonna be the guy who designs it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 31, 2015, 08:46:10 pm »

Oooh! ooh! A detailed critical response! ;)

Spoiler: Discussion (click to show/hide)
Actually, that was quite few point of disagreement between us, much less than I'd expect.
Past Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 31, 2015, 10:38:01 pm »

Why not rip Dr. Clark's squidsuit design?  It's clearly designed to handle extreme anomalies.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 31, 2015, 10:59:28 pm »

Take the squidsuit and coat it with the shark mist armor. It's now a sharksquid suit!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 31, 2015, 11:01:44 pm »

Oooh! Ooh!  Someone who didn't get annoyed with me criticizing their idea!  :D

Now I just have to be careful not to Greatly Whine and Goad you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Toaster

...Clark's actually inside the thing?  I assumed there was quantum entanglement involved.  In any case, it's probably either not nearly protective enough, or it's far too expensive to be practical.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 155