Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals Tournament #3, the rivalening  (Read 15939 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals Tournament #3, the rivalening
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2014, 09:21:12 pm »

Orb v. Culise: Culise wins.

Also had a friendly match with Orb that he completely defeated me, but I don't want to share it since we both discussed our builds freely in the chat.  I did a bit of that in the official round, too, but not so much. ^_^

Also also just realized that avatars are tied to the computer you're on, not the account.  <_<

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2014, 09:47:33 pm »

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2014, 01:35:44 am »

Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2014, 05:19:39 pm »

I'll be online for basically all of tomorrow afternoon. The only people I have left to battle are Orb and Broken.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2014, 11:16:50 am »

I'll be around as well.

Most of the battles that need to be done are Broken's. Urist v Orb is the other one. Hopefully we can get through this round by the end of tomorrow and get on to round 4.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2014, 02:55:49 pm »

Rory and Culise basically rocked this round.

EDIT: Me vs. Orb: Win
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:34:37 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2014, 03:16:52 pm »

Rory and Culise basically rocked this round.
I honestly didn't expect Scrafty to be so tough.  OK, everyone remember your counterpicks, if you're going to focus on that: Fairy or Fighting for me, and Rock or Water for Rory.  And either physically-defensive (to tank and counter) or both fast and strong (to outspeed and outfight) for the both of us.  It's fortunate we're going through the mountains next round. ^_^

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2014, 05:24:10 pm »

I did send Broken a PM earlier in the day, so hopefully they'll be around later today or tomorrow. :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2014, 01:35:12 pm »

Double-posting to let you guys know that if Broken doesn't show up by the end of the day tomorrow we'll just start the next round on Thursday regardless. It gives him a week from the last time he posted in the thread and three days to respond to the PM I sent. Hopefully that sounds reasonable!

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2014, 02:53:24 pm »

Sounds good to me, I am having fun and would prefer this not die!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2014, 11:15:39 am »

Ok, so we're going to skip over the remaining battles from round 3 for now. As such, I'm going to say Broken is not eligible for the end-of-round rewards.
That means RoryTehNoob and Orb get an extra Custom Pass. I'm not super comfortable using a rule exception to take one of those, since I'd be the second lowest with Broken removed, so I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist.
Here are the route lists for round 4:

Before you start your round 4 battles, here is what you need to do:
1) Pick a fourth Pokemon from one of those routes. Like before, keep track of the route you choose!
2) Level up your Pokemon to level 55.
3) Bring invested EVs up to 452.
4) Pick one more item. You should have 5 plus a berry, so make sure you're keeping track of the extras.
5) Gain two Custom Passes for entering town. You can spend these any any others that you have before you battle anyone, so do it!
6) RoryTehNoob is recruited as the Team Mal Vogue leader! Anyone that wins against the Team Mal Vogue leader gains two additional Custom Passes. Follow the rules in the OP (I'll repost them below) and use that team to battle everyone. You also gain two additional Custom Passes for being recruited and you battle everyone with your normal team as well.

Spoiler: Team Vogue rules (click to show/hide)

Please read through this post at least once. If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to help.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:20:22 pm by Bluerobin »

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2014, 03:15:01 pm »

I think you mean, team Vogue.

We have heard that a group of up-in-coming trainers have been spreading their horrible fashion sense and lack of taste throughout the land.
Team Vogue will stand up for what is right and stop you hooligans with our cute, chic Pokemon!

Edit: Changed one Poke
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:42:53 pm by RoryTehNoob »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2014, 03:26:48 pm »

Erm, I think the original intent was no megas, but the wording was pretty unclear there (to the point where I'm not entirely sure about the original intent, actually). Keep your team how it is and we'll see how this goes! Do keep in mind that you can only mega-evolve once per battle total.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:31:29 pm by Bluerobin »

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2014, 03:37:05 pm »

Route 8! For Glory!

Erm, I think the original intent was no megas, but the wording was pretty unclear there (to the point where I'm not entirely sure about the original intent, actually). Keep your team how it is and we'll see how this goes! Do keep in mind that you can only mega-evolve once per battle total.

Oh, I forgot about the one mega-evolution rule. Maybe I will edit one Poke.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:10:06 pm by RoryTehNoob »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2014, 03:39:23 pm »

You didn't need to use that Custom Pass to change forme. Each forme is being treated as a separate Pokemon, so you'll just get that one and you can't change it except by catching a new one or trading.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14