Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who would've you voted for during the Ukrainian presidental elections?

Petro Poroshenko
- 5 (29.4%)
Yulia Tymoshenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Oleg Lyashko
- 2 (11.8%)
Anatoly Hrytsenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Serhiy Tihipko
- 0 (0%)
Mykhailo Dobkin
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62

Author Topic: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Love your Country  (Read 74380 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Civilised Edition.
« Reply #390 on: November 21, 2014, 11:57:56 am »

Use the sarcasm font if you're going to be saying something that is in incredibly piss poor taste if misconstrued.

Or the /sarcasm tag even.

Use the sarcasm font if you're going to be saying something that is in incredibly piss poor taste if misconstrued.
Why do you care so much about Chechnya?

He's not even talking about chechenya, he's talking about the nazi bit. Well, the quoted post is anyway.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 21, 2014, 12:01:18 pm »

I don't how to say it to you, but it wasn't satire.

Just... when I see somebody try to claim, or cite somebody that claim that the entire fucking swathes of population are not human beings is, well, very triggering. Because the last time somebody invaded us , they used this exact type of logic to kill millions of our people, torture thousands in concentration camps and they didn't even felt themselves wrong in the slightest.

I cannot simply just see that and not go completely bonkers. It goes against my culture, my history, and my personal believes.
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 21, 2014, 12:04:12 pm »

I don't really give a damn about chechnya per se, but someone saying mass atrocities are necessary pisses me right the hell off. Or even the nazi bit -- I don't give a flying fuck if nazi ideology has become entrenched in an area, the proper response to that is not mass fucking murder of civilians, or any of the other atrocities involved in that conflict.

If it were in jest, it was not funny. Which, hey, it wasn't. Time to bail.

I cannot simply just see that and not go completely bonkers. It goes against my culture, my history, and my personal believes.
And so you say the exact same behavior is acceptable. Mass murder and torture is acceptable when your people do it, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 21, 2014, 12:10:38 pm »

Мы поняли: немцы не люди. Отныне слово «немец» для нас самое страшное проклятье. Отныне слово «немец» разряжает ружьё. Не будем говорить. Не будем возмущаться. Будем убивать. Если ты не убил за день хотя бы одного немца, твой день пропал. Если ты думаешь, что за тебя немца убьёт твой сосед, ты не понял угрозы. Если ты не убьёшь немца, немец убьёт тебя. Он возьмёт твоих [близких] и будет мучить их в своей окаянной Германии. Если ты не можешь убить немца пулей, убей немца штыком. Если на твоём участке затишье, если ты ждёшь боя, убей немца до боя. Если ты оставишь немца жить, немец повесит русского человека и опозорит русскую женщину. Если ты убил одного немца, убей другого — нет для нас ничего веселее немецких трупов. Не считай дней. Не считай вёрст. Считай одно: убитых тобою немцев. Убей немца! — это просит старуха-мать. Убей немца! — это молит тебя дитя. Убей немца! — это кричит родная земля. Не промахнись. Не пропусти. Убей!

Specially for Sergrarr. Can't find English translation...  It is good old Soviet Propaganda from 1942 with stuff like "Germans are not humans" "There are nothing more fun than German corpses" "If you didn't kill a German today your day is lost" and more

Oh and I dare you to find same German propaganda directed to Russians
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:13:15 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 21, 2014, 12:13:50 pm »

>Civilized
>This Thread

Let's reel it in, guys.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 21, 2014, 12:15:55 pm »

Actually, wasn't there some examples of WWII german propoganda directed at Russians somewhere? I forget what thread, either the AGG thread, one of the locked ukranine crisis threads, or deeper in the European politics thread.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 21, 2014, 12:18:42 pm »

Quote from: found the translation
The Germans are not human beings. From now on, the word 'German' is the most horrible curse. From now on, the word 'German' strikes us to the quick. We have nothing to discuss. We will not get excited. We will kill. If you have not killed at least one German a day, you have wasted that day ... If you cannot kill a German with a bullet, then kill him with your bayonet. If your part of the front is quiet and there is no fighting, then kill a German in the meantime ... If you have already killed a German, then kill another one - there is nothing more amusing to us than a heap of German corpses. Don't count the days, don't count the kilometers. Count only one thing: the number of Germans you have killed. Kill the Germans! ...  - Kill the Germans! Kill!"

I haven't heard about that Kind of German Propaganda, IMO it was more like "lets free Russians from Jews and their Bolshevik slaves"
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 21, 2014, 12:26:15 pm »

The Germans are not human beings. From now on, the word 'German' is the most horrible curse. From now on, the word 'German' strikes us to the quick. We have nothing to discuss. We will not get excited. We will kill. If you have not killed at least one German a day, you have wasted that day ... If you cannot kill a German with a bullet, then kill him with your bayonet. If your part of the front is quiet and there is no fighting, then kill a German in the meantime ... If you have already killed a German, then kill another one - there is nothing more amusing to us than a heap of German corpses. Don't count the days, don't count the kilometers. Count only one thing: the number of Germans you have killed. Kill the Germans! ...  - Kill the Germans! Kill!"

I haven't heard about that Kind of German Propaganda, IMO it was more like "lets free Russians from Jews and their Bolshevik slaves"
generalplan ost man

50 million russian to live, not more than that
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 21, 2014, 12:32:03 pm »

Secret plan is not the same as propaganda

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 21, 2014, 01:02:00 pm »

But you surely would not deny the fact that thousands of Russian people died in German concentration camps?

Actions > Words.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 21, 2014, 01:04:04 pm »

Well, the reverse is also true, what's your point?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 21, 2014, 01:07:14 pm »

The point is that Russians did not kill half of the German population in Germany, while Germany intended to do so and has not been acting in a way that suggested otherwise.
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 21, 2014, 01:08:16 pm »

Here you go.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 21, 2014, 01:29:48 pm »

I don't really give a damn about chechnya per se, but someone saying mass atrocities are necessary pisses me right the hell off. Or even the nazi bit -- I don't give a flying fuck if nazi ideology has become entrenched in an area, the proper response to that is not mass fucking murder of civilians, or any of the other atrocities involved in that conflict.

If it were in jest, it was not funny. Which, hey, it wasn't. Time to bail.

And so you say the exact same behavior is acceptable. Mass murder and torture is acceptable when your people do it, I guess.
Oops.

What I meant by "what we did to Chechnya" was "killing/trialing/forcing to emigrate all radical nationalists".

The thought that this may be interpreted as me condoning rape and mass murder of civilians has not occurred to me in the slightest.

._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 21, 2014, 01:32:41 pm »

The thought that this may be interpreted as me condoning rape and mass murder of civilians has not occurred to me in the slightest.
Funny, seeing how you were replying to someone talking precisely about that...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62