Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh: Apocalypse (Permadeath Yugioh RP) (OOC)  (Read 23188 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: Apocalypse (Permadeath Yugioh RP) (OOC)
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2015, 04:37:26 pm »

I'll probably allow one more person so I can bump it up to six, I can't really allow any more people as I think it would probably get to cluttered. As there are other people on the waitlist I'll see what the interest is with the other ones, I'll give the waitlisters priority though over any newcomers.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2015, 04:50:31 pm »

I wouldn't mind going synchro as well.  If rarity is used as a primary limiter again, how will Duel Terminal/Hidden Arsenal decks be treated?  Since they have skewed rarity ratios where the "common-equivalents" are still Super Rare, it tends to be a bit limiting. 

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2015, 04:52:02 pm »

I'm going Junk Synchro deck! With WARRIORS! Woo!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2015, 04:55:18 pm »

Yeah I wanted to change the hidden armoury stuff as they have my favourite archetypes in and it would be a shame to leave them unavailable :p.

I might just lower all the rarities by one in those packs.

I also might allow for XYZ monsters and Pendulums. If there are no problems with that, I know some people don't like them so if there is enough opposition I won't.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:15:33 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2015, 05:21:07 pm »

I don't have a clue how to use pendulum monsters, but I'd like it if XYZ monster's could be allowed.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2015, 06:49:01 pm »

I also might allow for XYZ monsters and Pendulums. If there are no problems with that, I know some people don't like them so if there is enough opposition I won't.

I would say no to Pendulums, as, while XYZ and Synchros are fairly easy to understand, in all honesty, as they are basically 'can perform a 'fusion' as soon as the required parts hit the field' for Synchros, and XYZ being a more generalized, but you stack the 'parts' below the card and are able to remove them to perform special abilities.  Pendulums are much, much more difficult to understand.  I looked through the pages of all three, and the former two weren't too difficult, but Pendulum I couldn't decipher on my second or third read-through.  I still don't really understand it.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2015, 06:55:24 pm »

I looked at the 3 pages on the wiki and I couldn't understand what the hell was going on and why it needed to be so complicated. But yeah, everything you said.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2015, 07:39:56 pm »

I don't understand pendulum... I'm just gonna stick with my good ol 5Ds Synchro.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2015, 08:48:14 pm »

Pendulums are weird to explain mechanically but not that hard to grok once you use them in game. There are only a couple Pendulum decks at the moment, though, so I guess it doesn't end up making that much difference if they're banned?
Tsuyoku naritai.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2015, 09:25:57 pm »

Count me in for the new game too, although I hoped that was kind of assumed. Just in case it isn't, count me in. If we can use XYZ and Synchro, I'm thinking I might try out a Knights of the Round Table deck just because.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2015, 09:34:43 pm »

ARGH I FORGOT ABOUT THE KNIGHTS! You better make that deck amazing. Start with Arthur and have your character's goal be to GATHER THE KNIGHTS. It'll be AWESOME.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2015, 09:44:11 pm »

If everyone who was in it desires to revive Blitz's old game, then I'll either build a direct damage or modify the person battling Thompson's deck.  If that one doesn't revive, then I'm going with dragons.

Pendulums are weird to explain mechanically but not that hard to grok once you use them in game. There are only a couple Pendulum decks at the moment, though, so I guess it doesn't end up making that much difference if they're banned don't exist in-universe?

Just fixing that final bit.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Annachie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2015, 09:52:58 pm »

oh damn it looks like i missed my chance to join again >.<

Synchros would be a good addition to the rp but xyzs and such may overcomplicate the rp but i may have a change of my character if the changes are to be done.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2015, 10:03:38 pm »

ARGH I FORGOT ABOUT THE KNIGHTS! You better make that deck amazing. Start with Arthur and have your character's goal be to GATHER THE KNIGHTS. It'll be AWESOME.

Arthur is either the worst card in the deck, or requires other Noble Knights to summon (depending on if you mean the normal monster or the Xyz). So no, please don't do that. XD

I should look at Noble Knights... I haven't played them since more support got released. Wonder how good Eachtar is.

Synchros would be a good addition to the rp but xyzs and such may overcomplicate the rp but i may have a change of my character if the changes are to be done.

I have to disagree. In a way, Synchros are actually more complicated than Xyz. There are a few weird edge case rulings for things like materials and ranks, but for the most part, Xyz are just kind of "get two same-level monsters on the field and summon this thing". If nothing else, Xyz deckbuilding is a whole heck of a lot simpler than Synchro.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:06:55 pm by kingofferrets »
Tsuyoku naritai.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:09 am »

Ah, yes, if we're changing decks, I'm going to change to a Hieratic deck.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16