Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh: Apocalypse (Permadeath Yugioh RP) (OOC)  (Read 23146 times)

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: Apocalypse (Permadeath Yugioh RP) (OOC)
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2015, 05:32:26 am »

Chiming in late, I vote no for pendulums, if we're still having that vote. :)
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2015, 06:08:57 am »

Ok so that's two against and one for at the moment with the rest not really caring, I'll close the vote later today when I put the new thread up.

The rarity restrictions will probably be the same as the game here.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:03:47 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2015, 02:28:41 pm »

No pendulums, if we're still voting.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »

I'm tempted to add a different rarity scaling for extra deck monsters.

So I'm going to put this up as a restriction for you guys to judge, you can have 1 Secret and 2 Super/Ultra rares in the extra deck (You can downgrade these if you desire) . This will be independent from the main deck and not cut into the restrictions set there. Tell me what you guys think.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:57:25 pm by Kansa »

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2015, 10:43:09 pm »

I'm tempted to add a different rarity scaling for extra deck monsters.

So I'm going to put this up as a restriction for you guys to judge, you can have 1 Secret and 2 Super/Ultra rares in the extra deck (You can downgrade these if you desire) . This will be independent from the main deck and not cut into the restrictions set there. Tell me what you guys think.

I think this is good, but you might also look into relaxing the rules on what rarities cards are. Two possibilities that occur that might work are either A) using the lowest non-structure-deck printing, or B) having something that can lower effective rarity by a step - either cards that have been released in structure decks get lowered a step, or cards that have had a lower-rarity printing (possibly but not necessarily excluding structure decks). So, if something was a Super and then later got printed as a Common, it'd downgrade to Rare in terms of adding to the deck. I think that would help make running staples a little less restrictive (which is one reason why cards like that get reprinted in real life in the first place), giving us more room to actually run our core engines.

Sidenote: did we get a conclusion on how Duel Terminal stuff is treated? I'm sort of in favor of having them just be DNPR is equivalent to C, DRPR be Rare, etc, since they have up to Secret in Duel Terminal stuff, but...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:16:22 am by kingofferrets »
Tsuyoku naritai.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2015, 10:39:53 am »

After some consideration I've decided to put in kingofferrets suggestion, you can use the lowest rarity found anywhere. I would like to ask you guys to still be creative though and try other things than just the main staples.

Hidden arsenal stuff will be treated as one rarity tier lower, I'm not sure what you mean by DNPR because I can't find any information about that :p.

By the way here is the new thread

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2015, 10:52:37 am »

After some consideration I've decided to put in kingofferrets suggestion, you can use the lowest rarity found anywhere. I would like to ask you guys to still be creative though and try other things than just the main staples.

Hidden arsenal stuff will be treated as one rarity tier lower, I'm not sure what you mean by DNPR because I can't find any information about that :p.

By the way here is the new thread
Lowest rarity found anywhere - does that include structure decks, or no?

Here's what DNPR is. There's a list of rarities at the bottom, including a list of all the Duel Terminal rarities.
Tsuyoku naritai.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2015, 10:54:49 am »

It does not include structure decks and oh I understand now, it's the ocg rarities not the tcg ones. That's a good idea actually, that's how I'll do the rarity for those sets then.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:21:01 pm by Kansa »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]