Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Theorycrafting!  (Read 70968 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Intermission - Shady dealings
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2014, 12:17:53 am »

A hearty facepalm joins Nidoma's groan. This is going to take a while - at least the two of you are looking for the same person.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2014, 01:29:28 am »

"What sort of jobs are you looking for? Your choices must surely be limited, judging by your...apparatus."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2014, 02:43:04 am »

"Oh, you know. Research. Engineering. Office work. Civilian stuff. Or the pretense of thereof," He looks at the blonde-haired one at this. "Also, if anyone needs someone to traverse a plumbing system."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2014, 09:48:42 am »

McMarlo butts in.

"...Oh, and I'm McMarlo. Advertising, Sales, Corporate Espionage.

I'm sure you've heard of me!"
The Birdman preens.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2014, 02:40:07 pm »

McMarlo butts in.

The Birdman preens.

((You're currently in the broker's office. I suppose we can say it's all comms chat... but we need some sort of format for comms chat so it's clear. How about apostrophes + italics?))

'McMarlo, you're not in the bar. What's the status on the captain?'
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll 6 - Intermission
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2014, 09:29:04 pm »

Port Newton, Northern Ridge, Askarian | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Port Newton Bar
Medium Chatter (+1 to deception, -1 to intellect)

Get up and lob a chair at that cowardous git, Orion!
Valrak relays to Nerin before literally lunging across the room at Orion, should it connect, Orion will likely be dealing with a multitude of broken bones and a rather annoyed Combatform KX9.

Nerin places the bead on a nearby table and unsheaths his claws, removing his second gauntlet beforehand. Should Valrak's lunge fail, Nerin plans to dart towards Orion, making a rapid kneeshattering kick to his right knee before flipping Orion up over him using Orion's momentum and slam him down on the ground, following up with a light kick to his windpipe to knock Orion out.

With that, he turns and lunges toward the fight.

Order snack then charge in!  Let's aim to put Orion in a headlock, ideally on the ground.

Initiative rolls:
[5] Deuce
[5] Orion
[2] Hal
[2] Nerin and Valrak

Deuce: [2] vs (5) You charge forward in Nerin's direction, on an intercept course toward Orion. Nearing him, you leap and wrap your arms around your target, rolling a few feet from your momentum--only to realize that you've jumped far too early, either by miscalculation or by the same thing that pulled you into the chair earlier. You now have Nerin in a headlock, and Orion rushes past.

Nerin: [4-3/1+2] vs (1/1) ((You got a -3 from Orion's die, and a -2 from being pinned by Deuce. I'll make another revision, namely that instead of receiving a penalty based on the target's initiative die, you receive one based on the difference. This way you don't get hit with a -7 total.))

You anticipate Orion's movement, preparing to strike in the case Valrak fails. However, Deuce lunges on top of you before you can react, knocking you to the floor and tumbling a few feet while firmly gripping your neck. He releases you from the headlock after he realizes what he has just done.

Valrak: (Same roll as Nerin due to synchronization, which transfers both penalties and bonuses)

Your lunge was interrupted by an intense emotional reaction from Nerin--he just got jumped on by one of your own fellow Guildmates! You grind to a halt, filling the bar with an ear-piercing screech as your boots etch into the floor. As you approach Nerin, ready to literally tear Deuce in half, Deuce releases Nerin and helps him back to his feet.

Orion nabs the bead and starts for the rippling doors to the office hall. You might want to alert the operatives inside the broker's office.

Hal: [4] vs (6) You stumble to your feet and pick up a chair, cursing at Orion. You throw the chair with all your strength, which makes contact with the floor and slides into place against the doorway Orion is fleeing into. He starts pushing the chair out of the way with his legs so that he can open the door.

Hmm, Maximilian de Cartara. Several Wolfram inc. employees spoke of him before. I should find out more about him. With this new information, WARDEN decided head back to the main lobby..

Go back to the main lobby and search the Data-Net for information about Maximilian.
"Ah, yes. I may be able to help you there. Do you have a description?"

Atlos thinks of who else he's seen since his arrival.

Altos: [4] Come to think of it, you do remember someone that might match the pilot's vague description. A woman walked through the bar at once point and took off her helmet before entering the office halls, showing some of her green hair before disappearing. She looked like the lawful independent merchant type, wearing a heavily decorated suit with lots of gadgets attached. That hall leads to the offices, but also continues on to the warehouse, kitchen, clinic, and elevators which lead to the dock and motel.

Warden: While speaking to Atlos, one of your subroutines recalls that the orbiting Guild fleet could easily connect to the datanet from their location. You just need a clear sky, free of snow. To do that you'd either have to fly above the clouds or go out to sea.

Dwarf's Office
Utter Darkness (+2 to deception, -2 to observation, -1 to offensive combat actions)

McMarlo butts in.

The Birdman preens.
A hearty facepalm joins Nidoma's groan. This is going to take a while - at least the two of you are looking for the same person.

Ziggo: [3+2] You slip behind the crate and remain unnoticed. Looking over the edge of the crate you find more things... a plasma globe, a toy gun still in its packaging that claims to shoot harmless lighting at people, and a box of Ron Picard's Frozen Flames.

Nidoma: The dwarf doesn't seem to notice your facepalm, and continues the slow process of looking through papers. After about thirty seconds, he flips a sheet over and starts reading the back.

McMarlo: You wonder if this is worth your time. Perhaps if the dwarf doesn't have any electronic records, you could rig up some sort of text-reading mechanism. There's no ctrl-f on raw paper.

Spoiler: Guild Atmo-suits (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:47:17 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Intermission - Jedi Mind Tricks
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2014, 09:37:46 pm »

Nerin pings all local guild members through the guildcomms as Valrak charges after Orion. Target onfoot, switch built into head. Heading towards offices. Object of interest is a red crystal bead being carried by target. KX9 Combatform Valrak in pursuit. Target has implants that enhance psychic attacks, primarily overriding motor nerves. Caution advised.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2014, 09:56:09 pm »

Nerin pings all local guild members through the guildcomms as Valrak charges after Orion. Target onfoot, switch built into head. Heading towards offices. Object of interest is a red crystal bead being carried by target. KX9 Combatform Valrak in pursuit. Target has implants that enhance psychic attacks, primarily overriding motor nerves. Caution advised.

((For radio chat, use apostrophes instead of quotes.))

The pilot finally takes attention to the conflict, and walks over to the trio (Deuce, Nerin, and Valrak) after Deuce apparently tackled Nerin while drunk. She speaks normally, but keeps her radio on.
'Hold on a minute. Is this a personal conflict or is the subject a threat to the Guild? Remember our priorities, guild operations first.'

The bartender hears Jaina as he cleans up the molten chicken on one of the cups.
"Do you mean to say that this perp only matters to you fellas if he's a threat to your 'operations'?"

Jaina slowly turns around and clarifies.
"It's... not personal. I mean, our operatives would gladly help, but our superiors wouldn't show that kind of sympathy. There are just too many bad things that happen out there, and it's not our job to deal with it."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2014, 10:05:14 pm »

"Object of interest being carried, potentially some augments the Guild may have interest in. Not necessarily a threat, but still of interest. The object he is carrying is of interest to The KX9 specifically. The augments not so much, they seem fairly lowtier compared to what we have. However the Guild may have use for them. Also that was more of a warning, beeest not to get in the way of a KX9 Combatform."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2014, 10:13:56 pm »

"Ooh, shinies."

Take the plasma globe, and silently take the toy gun out of its package. Also make a mental note to have a custom suit made with a lot of pockets. Like, a shit ton of pockets.

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2014, 10:15:15 pm »

"He attacked one of us, therefore guild threat!"

Deuce was already sprinting toward Orion as he said this.

Running dropkick!  Get him on the ground and grapple him!  Pin his arms!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2014, 10:38:09 pm »

Atlos moves his travel unit away from the bar. "I think I may be able to help with your primary concern after all," he says to the pilot. "I saw someone fitting that description come through this very bar not long ago, heading towards the offices. I believe I also saw some of your associates heading that way, but perhaps I can assist in covering more ground?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 15, 2014, 11:44:24 pm »

"Object of interest being carried, potentially some augments the Guild may have interest in. Not necessarily a threat, but still of interest. The object he is carrying is of interest to The KX9 specifically. The augments not so much, they seem fairly lowtier compared to what we have. However the Guild may have use for them. Also that was more of a warning, beeest not to get in the way of a KX9 Combatform."

'Are you implying we should dissect the man for science?'

"He attacked one of us, therefore guild threat!"

Deuce was already sprinting toward Orion as he said this.

Running dropkick!  Get him on the ground and grapple him!  Pin his arms!

Jaina sighs.
"Attacked you over what? Drunken banter?"

Atlos moves his travel unit away from the bar. "I think I may be able to help with your primary concern after all," he says to the pilot. "I saw someone fitting that description come through this very bar not long ago, heading towards the offices. I believe I also saw some of your associates heading that way, but perhaps I can assist in covering more ground?"

Jaina turns to Atlos.
"Excellent. We should look for her, then. I've downloaded a map of the installation right here..."
She pulls up the document on her handheld tablet.
'Looks like we got a warehouse, a motel, and a dockyard, all connected to that hall. Hopefully we won't have to travel down to sea level to find her. Who's going who?' she says on the comms.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 15, 2014, 11:47:09 pm »

Jaina sighs.
"Attacked you over what? Drunken banter?"

"Sure, whatever!" He's barely listening.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2014, 11:51:01 pm »

That isn't normal in human controlled space?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49