Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: ASOIAF RPG-An End to Summer (Todo: Done!)  (Read 19065 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ASOIAF RPG-An End to Summer (Todo: Wealth, Military, Holdings)
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2014, 01:48:44 pm »

Or we could've just done both in the thread to save everyone the hassle.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2014, 01:51:40 pm »

Experience tells me differently (that is, I've played this before and have used peasant levies to do exactly that before).

I think it was against a trained infantry and a... raider?  Maybe.  Mind, fighting like that was a pure accident, and I'd been meaning to use the peasants to lure them into a trap for some guerrillas, but it ended up working out far better than expected. 

I'll need to look up the battle logs again.  Not sure if those are on this laptop or on my desktop back home.  I'll look here.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2014, 01:52:58 pm »

EDIT: Furthermore, it's only three votes for option A, as I recall KJ keeping his vote on option C

Well, whatever. There's no consensus otherwise, so it's a majority. If it makes you feel any better the banner house will be mostly foot and archers.

And remember you still have wealth for making more units in game...

I need to move on guys. With the game.

Really. This arguing is getting annoying. Tho all the annoyance is coming from Taricus. Why do you even care? You didn't even put any skill points into warfare! No one is going to trust you with an army anyway.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2014, 01:57:35 pm »

Yeah, see, THAT was a field battle I assume. You DON'T have the ability to manoeuvre as such within a castle, and given the fortifications of it, anyone attempting to sieze or sack it will be coming at us with FAR more troops than just, say, two units. And the fact you're using a precedent like that is (Especially given that your own banner house has a stronger military) far more concerning.

And And just because I'm not the one leading the army, doesn't mean I'm not going to let everyone else screw the main house over. I care because it's not just me that it will be affecting. And wealth CANNOT buy units Dwarmin without power invested. No power MEANS no units at all. And vassals make for an absolute shit garrison in your own lands (Tywin provides a good argument for why vassals should be allowed to garrison your OWN holdings.).

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2014, 01:59:03 pm »

And wealth CANNOT buy units Dwarmin without power invested.

Could swear you could buy mercenaries for just wealth...hummm...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2014, 02:03:26 pm »

Mecenaries still rely on power to be actually fielded. An admittedly minimal level yet one that does need it. And given the state of house finances, mercenaries aren't the best units to field as well.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2014, 02:08:44 pm »

Well, in the end, your house rolled less than average on power. You can't change that, it happened. You have to live with it, fight it, try to make it better. That's the game.

You say your power is low? Make alliances. I'll give you all the freedom in Westeros to do what you want.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »

Given what freedom in westeros is, I'll pass on the multitude of daggers in the back, thanks :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2014, 02:15:18 pm »

Ugh, I'm going home.  :P My butt hurts typing on this stupid library computer.

I'm resolving this choice next...whenever. We really do need to move on.

Change your votes or don't, but so far it's 3 for A, one for B, one for C, One Abstain, One Absentee I think. Majority rules.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2014, 02:32:11 pm »

And wealth CANNOT buy units Dwarmin without power invested.

Could swear you could buy mercenaries for just wealth...hummm...

You can transfer wealth to any other house statistic at a 2:1 ratio once per month, or population to power at a 1:1 ratio once per month.  Amongst other options.  The latter is generally more efficient, and we could move some of our population to power rather quickly without dropping in population tier.

Edit:  Also, Green Mercenaries are a pretty good bargain at 2 power and 1 wealth.  Trained ones are okay, 4 power and 3 wealth.    Green infantry costs 5 power while trained infantry costs 7 power, to compare, and infantry has slightly less armor (though also less bulk).

So, green mercenaries are a decent bargain if you're looking for a cheap front line.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:38:33 pm by Lucus Casius »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2014, 02:55:47 pm »

Problem is that fluff-wise, we don't use hordes of cheap, untrained units. And so is drafting up huge segments of the population. Furthermoe, we don't have that much wealth to spread around, and investing it would be a far better decision in our case.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2014, 04:25:46 pm »

Banner house points are up.  Looks like they rolled pretty well.

1st Banner House
Defense Rank: 22+5(Realm)=27
Influence Rank: 19+10(Realm)=29
Land Rank: 22+20(Realm)=42
Law Rank: 23-10(Realm)=13
Population Rank: 26-5(Realm)=21
Power Rank: 25-5(Realm)=20
Wealth Rank: 19-5(Realm)=14

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2014, 04:29:14 pm »

They've been up for a while, and likely subject to change.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2014, 03:54:14 pm »

They've been up for a while, and likely subject to change.

I've gotten no changes in votes, tho, in pm or thread. In two days.

So, moving on. We'll revisit this if anyone cares to bring it up again!

Now. I'm going to auto the wealth holdings-I'll save half your dragons. I just saved so much time! :P

There's one last PM to send out I believe-influence! Heirs~!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ASOIAF RPG-An End to Summer (Todo: Heirs and Influence)
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2014, 11:27:30 am »

Heir rolls, 1d6

1. Henry Snow, 19 (more properly, Saltsworth) [Sheb]
Desmond Stonehearths second son was beget of a quick kindled romance during the time of the Storms End Tourney-to a merchants daughter by the name of Melissa Saltsworth. By all intents, he intended to marry her-and rode alone to Kings Landing to speak with his father (then Lord), leaving his pregnant wife-to-be in the company of most of his household guard-who followed behind, in a baggage train.

Unfortunately, she never got there-a band of criminals who would be come to known as the Kingswood Brotherhood intercepted the caravan on the road to Kings Landing, and made off with her. She hasn't been seen since.

Lord Stonehearth has never made Henry his legitimate heir, due to the deference of his lady wife-but in most other respects he has always treated him as his son. He nevertheless maintains close ties to the other side of his family, the Saltworths, who are prosperous merchants now dwelling in Last Harbor.

There is a legal quibble that technically, Henry is the lawful heir of Stonehearth-a natural son has certain rights over a son from a marriage that was annulled by the clergy. Of course, since he is a bastard, such issues remain moot.

---
2. Benjicot Stonehearth, ages 25 [Scriver]
Desmonds First son was one Benjicot Stonehearth, born to his first wife of three years, Jane of Fossoway (The Green Apples)-a quarrelsome, explosive relationship that began from love, but quickly fell apart, and was subsequently annulled to the relief of both families. Both went their own ways.

Benjicot is the heir by law of House Stonehearth, unless his Lord Father chooses to legitimize his older half-brother Henry, or raise his youngest son Kyle to the position. He has nevertheless been groomed for the position since birth, and is fully expected to succeed-there is a legal niggle, however, one that has been raised often-a child born from a marriage that was legally annulled (Rare in Westeros) can be denied certain rights...thankfully, Henry yet remains bastard, unable to succeed.

---
3. Kyle Stonehearth, ages 18 [Kyle]
Born after his brother Benjicot by the space of a six years, and a year after henry Kyle Stonehearth in second in line to claim his fathers throne-this is highly unlikely at the moment. In many ways, he has disappointed his Lord Father, and has been involved in any number of unfortunate scandals due to his lifestyle.

Desmond had spent a year looking for Melissa, to no avail-all he got was a terrible wound that sent him back home. His father, ever a practical man, quickly arranged for him to be married to one Alenna Hornwood, of House Hornwood-they remain married to the present day. She proved to be an answer to his grief, bearing him a strong son during the following year, a full blooded, noble heir. Later she bore him two daughters in separate births, and oft remarks she wishes they had all come at once, instead of one at a time.
((Low status :P))

Least Heirs (NPCS)
Lesley and Melissa Stonehearth, ages 10 and 9[Scriver]
The two youngest Stonehearth children were born girls, held in great love by their father.

Lesley has a love of the sea and often travels with the merchants when they head to trade inland. She is generally quick witted and a natural beauty.

Melissa, named after Desmonds second love, is herself a lover of books and numbers and charts, and loves to watch the stars-she wants to be the first female maester.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 01:07:19 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16