Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Town Wins!  (Read 56345 times)

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Night 2: Oops.
« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2014, 02:17:09 am »

Well, that was some pretty atrocious town play on my part. Hopefully next BM I'll be more competent. Good luck to town! You're going to need it with the two mislynches.

As for me getting lynched, it was inevitable  ;)
I have no idea.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - day 3: Even More Clueless Guards
« Reply #346 on: December 06, 2014, 04:28:28 pm »

In the night, Cheeetar is marked as an alien again. The guards have learned something and instead of shooting immediately, they ask if Cheeetar is an alien at the same time that they incinerate his room. Unfortunately, it doesn't improve things; Cheeetar is vaporized anyway.

Cheeetar was a Vanilla Townie!

Day 3 has started! It will end whenever.

Votes:

Scripten:
Deus Asmoth:
Dorsidwarf:
4maskwolf:
NotQuiteThere:

No Lynch:

Not voting: Everyone
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:39:07 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Night 2: Oops.
« Reply #347 on: December 06, 2014, 05:40:50 pm »

Hey, NQT, who's your partner?

Everyone else: Got a cop guilty on NQT. Gonna die tonight since I'm outing myself, but NQT's our next lynch. We now need to figure out who his partner is. I'm off to a party for the night, but I'll be back later on to try to help figure things out.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 3: Even More Clueless Guards
« Reply #348 on: December 06, 2014, 06:07:11 pm »

That's a bold move Scripten, because I'm the cop.

N1. I investigated Cheetah (as one of the most experienced players I wanted to make sure he was definitely on my side). This is why I went so easy on him D2 (for instance here). He came up town.

N2. I investigated Deus Asmoth, as I figured he be the top lynch target today given how he was almost lynched yesterday. He came up town as well.

I find it interesting you haven't worked out who you're going to pretend to have investigated on D1.

Everyone else: Scripten has a lot of moxy, I'll give him that, but he's definitely scum.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2014, 06:39:42 pm »

My Interactions With Cheetar After I Investigated Him:

Spoiler: Interaction 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Interaction 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Interaction 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Interaction 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Final Interaction (click to show/hide)

Scripten must be a betting man: figuring there was no cop, he decides to go for the quick win and drum up an attack on the player that had just openly signalled they didn't trust him. It would have been a good play but I guess he didn't figure on me being the cop.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2014, 06:49:34 pm »

Oh hey the day started and...

Oh wow.

Huh.

I'm gonna have to think about this one.

Points for notquitethere being the mafia:
Forced the matter on the lynch yesterday with only an hour or so left.
Claimed reactively to Scripten's claim.
I've found him generally scummier this game than Scripten.

Points for notquitethere being town:
Provides links to back up his claim, dubious as the connection may be.
Provides full documentation of night actions to this point.
Provides reasonable rationales for his choices.
Never claims to have inspected Scripten (which would be a fairly clear scumslip).

Points for Scripten being mafia:
Provided only one of his inspection results.
Provides to back up his claims.
Something in his everyone else note reads poorly to me.  It seems like a scum grasping at straws when he knows who the cop is and needs them lynched.

Points for Scripten being town:
Claimed first, although not early enough for it to count for much.
Had a rationale for investigating notquitethere last night, although that rationale was edited out later and I'd like him to provide it again for the record.

Hmmm....

Damn it.  I hate being in this position, because if we make the wrong choice the town loses.

Scripten, who did you inspect N1 and why?  How do you respond to NQT's accusations?  And, perhaps most importantly, who do you believe is the last scum?

PPE: NQT provides links, I'll look over these.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2014, 07:10:01 pm »

Deus, I know you're town. I need you to bring your A game now and make sure we don't make a terrible mistake here.

Dorsidwarf, 4maskwolf: one of you is on my side and if you don't make the right choice we're going to lose this game.

Now I'm looking back on it, Scripten's scumminess is a bit too obvious:

Scripten has only tried to lynch town

He nearly mislynched SBC
He mislynched Shamrock
He tried to mislynch Deus Asmoth

Dubious scum hunting Day 2

His first post was just defensive., his second post he throws down an unexplained vote for Deus that he sits on for the entire day. He eventually justifies the vote but it's such a weak case to sit on ("harvesting towncred", as if newb townies don't do that all the time) and 10 of his posts were spent exclusively talking to Deus. This kind of tunnel-vision is typical of scum who typically dislike switching their votes and engaging other players lest they draw attention to themselves.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2014, 07:54:02 pm »

Dorsidwarf, 4maskwolf: one of you is on my side and if you don't make the right choice we're going to lose this game.
Watch yourself bud.  I'm still not convinced that you're the cop, and you just set off a couple of alarms in my head with this.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2014, 11:43:22 pm »

NQT, there's one thing I don't like about your case. Scripten, as you pointed out, was trying to get SBC lynched day one. When he failed to do that, SBC went on to get murdered on the first night. Isn't that a terribly stupid thing for Scripten to do as scum?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 07, 2014, 02:40:37 am »

NQT (And others, for reference)

That's a bold move Scripten, because I'm the cop.

Well, counter-claiming is the only viable scum play, so no surprise here.

N1. I investigated Cheetah (as one of the most experienced players I wanted to make sure he was definitely on my side). This is why I went so easy on him D2 (for instance here). He came up town.

Yeah... that's a pretty flimsy reason. I investigated Scintillant because I had a gut town read on him and wanted to clear up a case of WIFOM for myself. I'll be pulling up quotes from where I defended his inno yesterday. Of course, since I expected you and your scumbuddy to kill me if I let on too much that I was the cop, I wasn't going to claim without a guilty.

Of course you'd pick an easy target for your N1 investigate. Wouldn't do to have a non-confirmed townie for your result, would it?

N2. I investigated Deus Asmoth, as I figured he be the top lynch target today given how he was almost lynched yesterday. He came up town as well.

Interesting. I wonder if this is a way to protect your scumbuddy or implicate already suspicious town.

I find it interesting you haven't worked out who you're going to pretend to have investigated on D1.

Like I said above, it was Scintillant. The bottom of my post will have references, now that I'm home and have time to play. Of course, this is entirely for town players, since I don't need to convince you of anything.

4maskwolf

Replies in bold.

NQT as mafia:
Forced the matter on the lynch yesterday with only an hour or so left. This is exceptionally scummy, considering that NQT was "reading" Scintillant as less scummy than Deus for most of the day, then switched before -anyone- had a chance to react. It's exactly why I investigated him last night.
Claimed reactively to Scripten's claim. And of course he did. It's Scum 101 to counterclaim cop in LyLo, because you aren't risking anything and may win the game that day.
NQT as town:
Provides links to back up his claim, dubious as the connection may be. His links are terrible, though. Read through them and tell me that they feel like organic reads from a town cop who investigated a fellow townie as opposed to scum that was buddying from the start.
Provides full documentation of night actions to this point. INSANELY easy to fabricate. I literally have two PMs sent to TDS right now, each just a few sentences long, explaining my reasons for investigating and my target. Scum already know the town.
Provides reasonable rationales for his choices. Eh. Not horrible reasons, but I would have expected him to be much more in-depth to fit in with his normal play. This may be as close to panicking as NQT gets.
Never claims to have inspected Scripten (which would be a fairly clear scumslip). Also a very newbie mistake to make, which we all know NQT not to be.

Me as mafia:
Provided only one of his inspection results. I provided my guilty result. I'll be referring back to crumbs based on my inno on Scintillant, but lack of full inspection results at claim isn't indicative of alignment.
Provides to back up his claims. I assume you mean references? I was walking out the door when the day opened. You should understand the constraints of time on making in-depth posts.
Something in his everyone else note reads poorly to me.  It seems like a scum grasping at straws when he knows who the cop is and needs them lynched. It's LyLo. Why would scum aim for the cop when they could easily just go for any old townie? Claiming a guilty in LyLo is suicide, since they are instantly outing themselves to the cop instead of leaving the entire town in the dark. (There's always the chance that the cop hasn't inspected them.) When the cop has already claimed a guilty, though, they have to counterclaim or they lose.
Me as town:
Claimed first, although not early enough for it to count for much. I literally claimed right after the day opened. If I'd claimed any earlier, I would have be NK'd for sure and we wouldn't have our scum.
Had a rationale for investigating notquitethere last night, although that rationale was edited out later and I'd like him to provide it again for the record. Will do. Is there any way to retrieve old versions of your own posts on the forum? I don't intend to quote it, but it would be nice so as to lay out my thoughts as close as possible to the end of yesterday when I made my choice to investigate NQT.

Scripten, who did you inspect N1 and why?  How do you respond to NQT's accusations?  And, perhaps most importantly, who do you believe is the last scum?

As I've been mentioning in this post, I inspected Scintillant. As I told TDS in my PM, I was townreading him through D1 and saw him as mislynch fodder for scum. Turns out I was right, he was innocent, and I did my best to defend him through all of D2 (To the point where I was accused multiple times of being his scumbuddy, which made me worry that the scumteam would find me out and NK me.) though I was not able to prevent NQT from lynching him at the very end of the day. A very pertinent thing to note is that while my investigative result was lynched by at least one scum, NQT's claimed result was night killed, which just reeks of convenience. (After all, what if he claimed an innocent result on the town cop, like you brought up.)

As far as his scumbuddy, I'm not sure. I've been leaning toward Deus Asmoth, considering NQT specifically avoided his lynch with a cock-and-bull story about "trusting his townread." That said, NQT is a meticulous player would could be setting up the suspicious DA as a mislynch target come tomorrow to help the mafia win even if NQT gets lynched. I still need to go back and read through interactions in the previous days to nail down a better read, now that I have a confirmed mafia member and only three potential scumbuddies for him.

-Quotes coming soon-

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion [9/9] - Day 1
« Reply #355 on: December 07, 2014, 03:45:39 am »

Firstly, allow me to demonstrate my suspicions from D1 that are directed toward Scintillant. If he had purely been a town read, I would not have investigated him. However, I suspected him to be mislynch fodder and didn't want to be incorrect in my read, so I checked my gut and found myself correct.

(Note: I've cut out parts of these posts that didn't pertain to Scintillant or which broke the board format, but you can still click the links for the full posts.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, let's start D2, after I've gotten my innocent result back. For this series of posts, I will be concentrating on my interactions with more than just Scintillant, as I have to showcase not only my own actions, but those of NQT and other players.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, lastly, I'd like to cover something very important, NQT's final vote on Scintillant.

Day has been extended, votecount coming soon.

Ah shoot, according to this we're almost at the end of the day. By my count there's currently a tie between Deus and Scintillant. Scintillant has the most posts in the game over all which would make him (according to strong trends) more likely to be town despite his weak performance today. Deus in my view has performed stronger today but was pretty lousy D1 (what with indecision in making a case etc.) Scripten/Scintillant are on Deus and Deus/Cheetah are on Scintillant. I trust Cheeetah more than I do Scripten at this stage. So... Scintillant it has to be. I hope this isn't some horrible mistake.

RIGHT at the end of the day, to the point that there were only a few minutes left. (That is, less than an hour left for deliberations.) I'm going to pull this post right apart, because I did so before and had to edit out my post because the day had ended by the time I'd finished writing my response.

First, this:

Ah shoot, according to this we're almost at the end of the day. By my count there's currently a tie between Deus and Scintillant.

Okay, fine, we're breaking a tie and avoiding a no-lynch. That's null, maybe slightly pro-town. Causing a no-lynch is scummy, but avoiding one isn't particularly indicative, especially if it's a mislynch that puts us into LyLo.

Scintillant has the most posts in the game over all which would make him (according to strong trends) more likely to be town despite his weak performance today.

Okay, this is NQT as town. He's analytic, forms reads based on voting patterns and relationships, and makes his own choices regarding his vote. He's not much of a bandwagoner.

Deus in my view has performed stronger today but was pretty lousy D1 (what with indecision in making a case etc.)

Okay... This feels like he's avoiding making a lot of strong statements. Doesn't want to lose a potential buddy come D3? Not super suspicious, but it started setting off red flags in my head.

I trust Cheeetah more than I do Scripten at this stage.

What? This isn't the town NQT I know at all! NQT does not make snap decisions on lynches based on trusting other players, even if he knows they are town. He votes according to his own scumhunting methods, which are NOT consistent with the vote that follows.

I hope this isn't some horrible mistake.

And then we get this suspicious little gem. It's almost as if he KNOWS he's lynching town and wants to make it look sanitary for the rest of us. This was precisely the scummy behavior that made my read on NQT shift greatly so that I investigated him last night and got a guilty. When I first posted yesterday in response to this post here, I was hoping that the day still had a little time left so I could get some last words in before night came, in case I died. Funnily enough, in my PM to TDS, I actually mentioned that I was worried about being night killed, since I figured my reaction to NQT's post made my role almost a certainty to scum. Luckily they didn't notice, which I hope to have come back around to bite them in the rear.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 07, 2014, 01:33:39 pm »

Oh, and now that I've had a night to sleep on it, I have some very special posts that need to be brought forward. Specifically, these here:

You want reads?  Here's my reads at the moment, without searching back through the game too much.

Scripten: Intelligent, playing well, and one of the more experienced players to start the game.  I haven't played with him enough to know his meta, so I'm going to give him a slight town lean.
Deus Asmoth: Defensive, but given my own play-style I can't really fault him for it (I play my best as town when under pressure).  Posts make fairly good sense, and the speed at which people jumped on his lynch when apparently masked_krusader had been playing erratically the day before (and thus deserving attention) is disturbing.  Neutral read barring further information.
Dorsidwarf: Made an easy mistake to make in questioning me (asking about my predecessor), otherwise I don't have much to go on.  Neutral read.
Cheeetar: I'm still bothered by his comment at the top of page 19, as well as the fact that he's only addressing the person he's voting for when challenged (I didn't even realize he was voting for me prior to the votecount).  Slight scum read.
notquitethere: Uses previous games as evidence, which only works to a certain extent (and for pities sake, DON'T tell the scum how to fool you.  While I appreciated it as a first-time scum, it's not helpful as town at all).  Has made (one?) post today, so I don't have much to go off of.  I've never been able to get a good read on him either.  Null read.
I forgot someone... time to check the votecount
Scintillant: Null, I haven't really read their posts yet.

I'm leaning town and NQT is null to 4maskwolf.

I WAS AT SCHOOL YOU DOOFUS!!!!! AND THEN AT SWIM PRACTICE!

My strongest suspicion right now is actually you, notquitethere.  You're being even more analytical than you usually are, have made a minimal number of posts today, and changed your vote with only a short time left in the day to someone who you don't even seem suspicious of.  And FYI: you being more analytical than usual sets of alarm bells because you're playing conservatively.  You're playing exactly how we expect you to play, to the point of ridiculousness, because you always deviate slightly from your usual analytical approach.  You posted precious little before the extension, yet I saw you quite often making posts in other areas of the forums, hinting at possible active lurking.

My apologies for not being active, I play when I see something to latch onto.

Now NQT is (understandably) being scumread harder than any other player. So far, so good. No evidence at this point that his read on me has changed.

Oh hey the day started and...

Oh wow.

Huh.

I'm gonna have to think about this one.

Forced the matter on the lynch yesterday with only an hour or so left.
Claimed reactively to Scripten's claim.

Provides links to back up his claim, dubious as the connection may be.
Provides full documentation of night actions to this point.
Provides reasonable rationales for his choices.
Never claims to have inspected Scripten (which would be a fairly clear scumslip).

Provided only one of his inspection results.
Provides to back up his claims.
Something in his everyone else note reads poorly to me.  It seems like a scum grasping at straws when he knows who the cop is and needs them lynched.

Had a rationale for investigating notquitethere last night, although that rationale was edited out later and I'd like him to provide it again for the record.

Hmmm....

Damn it.  I hate being in this position, because if we make the wrong choice the town loses.

PPE: NQT provides links, I'll look over these.

So here's where things get wonky. So day 3 opens with a moderate town read of 4maskwolf's claiming cop with a guilty inspection result on his strongest scumread at the -very- end of day 2. Despite all this and the way his reads should be progressing, 4maskwolf apparently believes that his town read is scummier than his strongest scum read because... he claimed cop and had a guilty on said scumread? That just doesn't parse and it makes me mighty suspicious.

4maskwolf: Any comment on this? I'm itching to find out your justification, especially now that I have a pretty solid answer on who I think the second scum is.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 07, 2014, 01:59:30 pm »

So here's where things get wonky. So day 3 opens with a moderate town read of 4maskwolf's claiming cop with a guilty inspection result on his strongest scumread at the -very- end of day 2. Despite all this and the way his reads should be progressing, 4maskwolf apparently believes that his town read is scummier than his strongest scum read because... he claimed cop and had a guilty on said scumread? That just doesn't parse and it makes me mighty suspicious.

4maskwolf: Any comment on this? I'm itching to find out your justification, especially now that I have a pretty solid answer on who I think the second scum is.
Hi Scripten.

Thank you for all the posts I had to read when I woke up this morning ::).

I didn't do a very good job of explaining my logic in my post where I voted you.  As I was writing that post, I was also thinking the whole thing through in my head, so what you have there is more or less a stream-of-consciousness posting.  My vote on you was a temporary one, in order to discover more information, though I'll explain why it has become permanent in a moment.

The way in which you posted your information smacked greatly of a scum rolecop who found the actual cop, said "oh hell", and quickly posted a fakeclaim in order to get said cop lynched.  This was further reinforced by NQT NOT saying he had inspected you (which would have been a clear scumtell) and instead pointing at two players who it was fairly reasonable to target.  This was what drove you further down on my scum-o-meter.  Additionally, your attack on NQT (which has now been removed) relied on rather shaky grounds at best, and frankly seemed to be out of irritation that he trusted Cheeetar more than you.  And notably, Cheeetar was promptly removed from the game by the scum.

As I read your posts this morning, I was actually more and more convinced that you were telling the truth, right up until the end.  Your comments are intelligent, your responses adequate, and your general read towny.  And then this happens.

especially now that I have a pretty solid answer on who I think the second scum is.
This, my good sir, is OMGUS in the first degree.  You're implying that I'm the second scum on the grounds of... what, exactly?  That I changed my read on you?  Because this happens all the time.  That I voted for you?  Still not good enough, that's pure OMGUS.  This was, in fact, the EXACT tool I was using to see if I could trip you up as scum: I asked you who you thought was the second scum when only NQT and I were voting for you.  NQT is too experienced to fall for that trick as a scum player, but I suspected I could get a clear-cut result one way or the other with you.  And when I read your post about you not knowing who the second scum was, I was going to unvote you, so I'm glad I continued reading.  You did exactly what I suspected you would do as scum: you focused on the other person who voted you and declared them to be the other scum, without providing analyses of the other players still in the game.  This, my good sir, is why my vote is here to stay.

On an aside, though, you have played a very good scum game all along.  You managed to fool pretty much everybody up until the very end, and that's an impressive accomplishment in a game that had, on day 2, THREE experienced players in the game.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 07, 2014, 02:42:44 pm »

Hi Scripten.

Thank you for all the posts I had to read when I woke up this morning ::).

Hey, just think about where I'm coming from. I wrote them at 2 am, my time, after coming home from a get-together with the other comp sci majors in my department.

I didn't do a very good job of explaining my logic in my post where I voted you.  As I was writing that post, I was also thinking the whole thing through in my head, so what you have there is more or less a stream-of-consciousness posting.  My vote on you was a temporary one, in order to discover more information, though I'll explain why it has become permanent in a moment.

A pressure vote in LyLo? That makes no sense. You know what would make sense? You're NQT's partner who bused him gently the day before and then magically "switched" reads on me because you realized that your scumbuddy was outed. It's actually a little blatant in how orchestrated it is.

The way in which you posted your information smacked greatly of a scum rolecop who found the actual cop, said "oh hell", and quickly posted a fakeclaim in order to get said cop lynched.

Lolololol.

But seriously. You can't have it both ways. Either I'm a town cop with a legitimate reason to inspect scum or I'm scum with a "hastily" fabricated fakeclaim.

This was further reinforced by NQT NOT saying he had inspected you (which would have been a clear scumtell) and instead pointing at two players who it was fairly reasonable to target.

Oh yes. It was pretty reasonable to target Cheeetar, wasn't it? I mean, he did so last night, after all.

You haven't commented on the fact that I actually have solid evidence regarding the innocent I got. Or are NQT's few sentence-long "references" to Cheeetar really better than an entire game's worth of evidence backing up my thought processes and motivations?

This was what drove you further down on my scum-o-meter.  Additionally, your attack on NQT (which has now been removed) relied on rather shaky grounds at best, and frankly seemed to be out of irritation that he trusted Cheeetar more than you.  And notably, Cheeetar was promptly removed from the game by the scum.

Lololol.

So my post was good until it was convenient for it not to be good. Very consistent. You know, you actually make this a little too easy. I thought I was going to have to work to find NQT's partner.

Also, if we're talking about convenient, how about the fact that while the person I had an inno result on was lynched (at day's end, by NQT no less!) under suspicious circumstances, while NQT's supposed "result" was eliminated by scum last night to give them a convenient target to fakeclaim on. Also, considering my post was removed from the game, I find it VERY suspicious (to the point of being poor sportsmanship) that you are making qualitative statements about it, considering it's struck from the record.

As I read your posts this morning, I was actually more and more convinced that you were telling the truth, right up until the end.  Your comments are intelligent, your responses adequate, and your general read towny.  And then this happens.

especially now that I have a pretty solid answer on who I think the second scum is.
This, my good sir, is OMGUS in the first degree.  You're implying that I'm the second scum on the grounds of... what, exactly?  That I changed my read on you?  Because this happens all the time.  That I voted for you?  Still not good enough, that's pure OMGUS.  This was, in fact, the EXACT tool I was using to see if I could trip you up as scum: I asked you who you thought was the second scum when only NQT and I were voting for you.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! OMGUS. Oh man, I'm dying. This is kind of perfect. So your vote was totally a reaction test, huh? Didn't have anything to do with the fact that you wanted to build a wagon to get at least one or two townies on it, did it?

Also, I kind of have a fairly long post there detailing exactly what was wrong with your reads and why they are not consistent with a natural town progression.

FFS. OMGUS. Wow. Hahahaha.

NQT is too experienced to fall for that trick as a scum player, but I suspected I could get a clear-cut result one way or the other with you.  And when I read your post about you not knowing who the second scum was, I was going to unvote you, so I'm glad I continued reading.  You did exactly what I suspected you would do as scum: you focused on the other person who voted you and declared them to be the other scum, without providing analyses of the other players still in the game.  This, my good sir, is why my vote is here to stay.

Yes, because reading though the entire game several times to make my case on NQT didn't involved looking at everyone's posts, did it? Good lord, man, do you really expect this to work? You're pushing a vote on a claimed PR over your supposed "strongest scumread." I know you're better than this as town, my friend. ;)

On an aside, though, you have played a very good scum game all along.  You managed to fool pretty much everybody up until the very end, and that's an impressive accomplishment in a game that had, on day 2, THREE experienced players in the game.

Pretty sure I haven't fooled anyone, actually. But, thankfully, neither have you nor NQT, seeing as DA's post shows some good townie motivation. (I also have been townreading Dorsidwarf since getting a guilty on NQT.) So yeah, you are really the only logical scumbuddy, both from your behavior and from process of elimination.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 07, 2014, 03:40:22 pm »

Scripten, your entire post relies on laughing and mockery to make a point, which is not a town response to being under pressure.  You're not in any immediate danger of dying, and if both Deus Asmoth and Dorsidwarf vote with you then you're safe.  Which leads me to wonder why you're panicking and making these ridiculous arguments.  Each of these is a response to your responses, skipping the first one because it's game-irrelevant.

Not a pressure vote, a reaction test, and one which you failed and continue to fail.  It's fascinating how you accuse me of bussing NQT when you look at it from the other side: if NQT is to be believed, then from my perspective Dorsidwarf is the only possible partner for you, and guess who was voting you at day end, hmm?  Dorsidwarf.

I gave that as a point of possibility, not an absolute truth.  As I said, stream-of-consciousness posting.  I said what I could think of when I thought of it.  The fact that you are ignoring this is frankly laughable.  As a point of fact, it can be both ways: appearing one way on the surface, but underneath being another.  I said that you had good justification for an inspection had you been the town cop.

Your first two sentences are utterly pointless and inane.  I did review your evidence, and that was a large part of what made me think you were town until you fell straight into a fairly simple trap I laid for you.  But a large amount of towncred is worth nothing for a scum caught in the act.

You are once again missing the point.  Your "suspicions" on him gave you a valid reason to "inspect" him last night.  Thus, were you a town cop, you had a valid reason to investigate him, which I gave you credit for.  However, your "suspicions" were based on some rather poor logic and the only possible explanation for them was that you were pissed NQT believed Cheeetar over you.  And you were never going to have to work at all, you know who your scumpartner is, and even were you a town that is a pointless comment.  Just because you don't like me making judgements on your post doesn't prevent me from doing so, I read it full well and yelled at you for making it, so I'd remember what it said, thank you very much.  Your supposed "target" was lynched D2, so you claiming that NQT's was eliminated last night means nothing in the context of this discussion.  Additionally, one way or another the lynch had to fall, a no-lynch is always a bad thing outside of MYLO in games like this, so trying to incriminate NQT for making a decision holds no traction.  I find it suspicious that you didn't take the two seconds to tell us who your N1 result was on in your first post of the day, which, to me, makes it seem like you couldn't figure out who to claim for in case things went sour and you got lynched as scum.

It was, in fact, a reaction test, and the fact that you provide not even the slightest scrap of a reason otherwise should show the others how desperate you are.  This entire response is pointless and has no logic to it, it's just your attempt at mocking me, at which I would kindly request you desist.

You made no comment as to why the other two were town, which was the point I was making there.  I expect my analysis of the situation to have been correct, yes.  You haven't played in that many games with me, don't go saying that you know me better as town.  What the hell does PR mean?  And most importantly, as I've already stated, YOU are now my strongest scumread, just because I haven't made a reads post since the day started doesn't mean my opinions haven't changed.  As a point of fact, a reads post is now pointless, since I know exactly who the two scum are.

This last thing is pointless in game context, which granted isn't your fault since mine was a metagame congratulations to you on your play.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30