Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Town Wins!  (Read 56330 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - 1 Replacement Needed!
« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2014, 03:28:05 pm »

I don't have much time today so I'm going to put my vote where it makes the most sense. (Also to avoid a end-of-day tie out of the blue.)

Unvote SBC
Vote Comrade Shamrock

We'll see what happens if SB gets replaced, though.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2014, 04:05:54 pm »

Right since it seems I'm going to be a victim of mob justice and am likely to be bludgeoned or thrown down an elevator shaft (I'm not sure. How will we kill people?), here are my thoughts.

SBC: Got no read really. Not enough to judge off of. Could go either way.
Persus/Cheetar: Both have and had in depth posts. Clear reasoning, both scumhunted so town lean.
Ranger: A bit short on the number of posts (RL interference), but is in depth and makes good use of the time availible addressing everyone. Feels like town.
Scripten: Ignore most of what I've said before. I still think the question was leading. But he has actively scumhunted, pressed logical cases (unlike me, I seem to prefer chasing shadows).
Execute/Doris: Not enirely sure about this one due to the drop out. But if I had to hazard a guess I'd say execute was a confused town. Doris seems more capable so hopefully you'll get something better.
Scintillant: I feel he's scum. Read his friendly beginning. I think he could have been trying to buddy (Could just be friendly). Every vote he has made has either piggybacked on an argument another person has already made or someone others have already expressed suspiscion of. (Masked:Me/No-lynch:Execute/Me:Persus, Masked/Execute:Deus/Me again:Scripten, Cheetar) He also votes Execute for voting no lynch when he supported execute.
Masked:I was thinking town but that vote makes it seem like he's got something to prove. Scum lean?
Deus: I have no strong read but he's slightly leaning scum. He has not exactly built a case or pressed much except on Execute when he was absent. Could just be inexperience.
Comrade Shamrock: An innocent man, I do believe.

Doris:
Repeating I feel does emphasise a point. Propaganda runs on the same principle, teachers use it and look at advertising. Really? The answer to the second question should be obvious, considering my earlier goddamn blunder. Yes it is very important. Before you accuse anyone of anything regarding votes look at their history.

Masked:
Why the flamboyant vote? I feel like you're really trying to emphasise how much you support the lynch. You didn't joke last time, so why now?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2014, 04:19:32 pm »

Scintillant, let's say for the sake of argument that Shamrock gets lynched and flips scum. Who is your next target if SBC hasn't made any reply by then? Or are you planning to wait for someone else to pick out a target?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2014, 05:14:49 pm »

kru(d)sader
So your vote 3 on someone is because he has been 'making a habit of flimsy cases'?
Know what's a bigger scum tell than using bad cases? Using someone else's case.
Scintilliant already said literally everything in your case. You've taken his argument, boiled it down to one line, and put that as a bandwagon vote? Scripten had a bland and mechanics based reason - preventing vote shenanigans - but it was at least something of his own, an independently justifiable reason.

You know who doesn't come up with their own scumhunting?
Scum.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2014, 05:15:59 pm »

Also for the record, it's Dor-si, not Doris.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2014, 06:09:15 pm »

Masked, your comment about flimsy cases makes me think that you're voting Shamrock as revenge for his earlier suspicions about you rather than anything concrete. Also, the fact that you FoS'd him and called him scum three times in the same post as you voted for him just looks like you're covering a lack of material with a lot of finger pointing.

Scintillant, one other thing: what's the difference between Shamrock's defense of misreading some of Scripten's posts and you justifying some of your actions by saying they're newb mistakes? Why is it scummy for Shamrock to call himself stupid but not so for you to call yourself a newb?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2014, 07:10:01 pm »

Extend.
I have no idea.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2014, 07:31:52 pm »

Scintillant, the person you claimed to believe is scum is about to get lynched. Why are you voting for an extend?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

masked_krusader

• Bay Watcher
  • [KRUSADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2014, 07:58:55 pm »

Masked:
Why the flamboyant vote? I feel like you're really trying to emphasise how much you support the lynch. You didn't joke last time, so why now?
kru(d)sader
So your vote 3 on someone is because he has been 'making a habit of flimsy cases'?
Know what's a bigger scum tell than using bad cases? Using someone else's case.
Scintilliant already said literally everything in your case. You've taken his argument, boiled it down to one line, and put that as a bandwagon vote? Scripten had a bland and mechanics based reason - preventing vote shenanigans - but it was at least something of his own, an independently justifiable reason.

You know who doesn't come up with their own scumhunting?
Scum.
Masked, your comment about flimsy cases makes me think that you're voting Shamrock as revenge for his earlier suspicions about you rather than anything concrete. Also, the fact that you FoS'd him and called him scum three times in the same post as you voted for him just looks like you're covering a lack of material with a lot of finger pointing.

He tried to push suspicion over a flipping RVS question, insisted my WIFOM dismissal was scummy, and then when it was clear his case was transparent, he moved onto to Scripten with an equally lame case.  After his attack on me ended, I thought he was probably just jumping the gun early in the game, but then he used outright falsehoods against Scripten, and it just seems he's trying to twist what people are saying to make them seem like scum.  His unvote looked like he was trying to withdraw when his case was blown again, just like before with me.  I do admit that part of my reason is a gut suspicion, but it looks to me that he's active lurking.
Why would I revenge vote someone for suspecting me?  Scum or town that's just a dumb move.  It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he was targeting me, it's the fact that he keeps pushing cases without anything on his target.  He's not using real suspicions then aborting the case due to those suspicions being assuaged, he's trying to look like he's scumhunting without actually doing anything.

Oppose extend.  I doubt it would accomplish anything, and Day 2 will probably be more useful for scumhunting, if past Mafia games are anything to go by.
People just be cray cray, yo.
I don't really expect to die from appendicitis after surviving the apocalypse.
I’m not Shakerag!
Sigtext.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion [9/9] - Day 1
« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2014, 08:09:15 pm »

The man who likes cats falls to the ground, twitching uncontrollably. It seems that the aliens tried to poison him! However, he gets up again and keeps talking. You do notice that he seems to like wolves more than cats now...

Meanwhile, you wonder if Comrade is your comrade after all.

Day 1 will end at 2 AM UTC on Tuesday, November 20th (about 50 minutes from now). Weekends will not be counted in the time for a day or a night.

Votes:

Scripten:
Deus Asmoth:
Execute/Dumbo.exe Dorsidwarf:
masked_krusader: Dorsidwarf,
Comrade Shamrock: Persus13 Cheeetar, Scintillant, masked_krusader, Scripten
RangerCado:
Scintillant: RangerCado
Superblackcat:
Persus13 Cheeetar:

No Lynch:

Not voting:  Execute/Dumbo.exe  Superblackcat,  Deus Asmoth,

Extend: 0/3
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:49:47 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2014, 08:38:43 pm »

Scintillant, the person you claimed to believe is scum is about to get lynched. Why are you voting for an extend?
I voted to extend because I won't have access to a computer until the day ends. However, since we're lynching Comrade anyways, unextend.
I have no idea.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2014, 08:42:46 pm »

I voted to extend because I won't have access to a computer until the day ends. However, since we're lynching Comrade anyways, unextend.

Unextend noted.

Extensions: 0/3
Shortens: 1/5

The day will end in 15-20 minutes.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2014, 08:46:15 pm »

Am I replacing in for SBC?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day Ending Shortly
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2014, 08:51:01 pm »

Am I replacing in for SBC?

Yes.

The man who likes cats falls to the ground, twitching uncontrollably. It seems that the aliens tried to poison him! However, he gets up again and keeps talking. You do notice that he seems to like wolves more than cats now...

4maskwolf has replaced Superblackcat!

The day will be over in 10 minutes

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day Ending Shortly
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2014, 08:52:32 pm »

The day will be over in 10 minutes
Love you too bud.