Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Town Wins!  (Read 56305 times)

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion [9/9] - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2014, 01:05:50 pm »

Cheetar:
Comrade Shamrock: How will you react if SBC flips town? If he flips mafia? Would you unvote if SBC started posting again, and are you voting him because you believe his inactivity scummy or because you don't like his inactivity?
I wouldn't be surprised anyway, if he flipped town, I'd be more surprised if he actually did flip mafia. The lack of content makes it very hard to judge his alignment to any degree. I have currently unvoted him because a new suspicion has emerged. As to why I was voting him. I find his inactivity mildly scummy. I dislike his inactivity, especially in his role of IC and feel that if he makes it to Lylo it will screw us over.

This is not just due to his activity but the length of his posts. They leave very little to try and discern his alignment. His style is beneficial to him. Very little to read on and little questioning makes him an unlikely scum target as he's not that active. He mightn't be lynched for that same reason (If he continued to post small ones). Very little to go on which makes it hard to make a concrete case towards either town or mafia. He wouldn't have built much trust with any surviving town members, which might make his cases, even if right, ineffective.

Scripten:
You are the one who started this SBC wagon. Yet you never saw fit to make a vote. You felt he was scum and wanted the rest of us to come up with reasons why. Fair enough, help the new players I guess. But you never extended it to anything beyond that. You offered speculation and encouragement but no direct involvement. Why? Are you trying to distance yourself from the lynch?

-

Everyone: Superblackcat is probably scum. Note the difference between his play and Persus13's. Can everyone give me as in-depth a list as they can hack as to what SBC has contributed to the game?

-

This I feel is a leading question. Which you said you directly disliked.
This is a leading question and I don't like that.
You led us straight to this lynch. You asked a question which heavily implied he was scum and basically told us to go lynch him. So what is it you don't like about leading questions? You asked one yourself. So now you are a hypocrite and what's more you didn't back it with your own vote. This could mean you either didn't have confidence in your own analysis, which begs the question. Why did you imply that we should definitely lynch him? Or it could be a scum strategy.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2014, 01:41:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a whole lot of fluff without much substance. You've repeated several points multiple times to pad out your arguments. To summarize:

- You think SBC's inactivity is mildly scummy.
- You think that his small, content-less posts will prevent him from being lynched.
- You think his cases will be ignored because of his inactivity.

While verbosity is not scummy, fluff definitely is. I will be keeping this in mind.

Scripten:
You are the one who started this SBC wagon. Yet you never saw fit to make a vote. You felt he was scum and wanted the rest of us to come up with reasons why. Fair enough, help the new players I guess. But you never extended it to anything beyond that. You offered speculation and encouragement but no direct involvement. Why? Are you trying to distance yourself from the lynch?

More misrepping. My vote was the first one on the SBC wagon. I didn't ask you to come up with reasons. I asked all of you to read through his posts and try to find something, anything, that suggested that his posts were at all pro-town.

Do you REALLY think I'm going to be distanced from SBC's lynch if it goes through? Come on, be honest.

Everyone: Superblackcat is probably scum. Note the difference between his play and Persus13's. Can everyone give me as in-depth a list as they can hack as to what SBC has contributed to the game?
This I feel is a leading question.

In the least rude way possible for me to say this, you are just wrong. This is not a leading question and I consider it disingenuous for you to present it as such.

This is a leading question and I don't like that.

You specifically quoted me here. Go back and look at the question I was referring to. Your question was as follows:

Scripten:
If you won't confront, are you at least going to ask questions?

Your question specifically accused me of being passive and not asking questions, which has been proven to be completely and utterly wrong.

My question does accuse SBC of being scum, but because of his lack of any pro-town contributions to the game state. I asked that question specifically to give the entire town a chance to prove me wrong. Instead of trying to do so, you instead attacked me for the question via dubious logic.

You led us straight to this lynch. You asked a question which heavily implied he was scum and basically told us to go lynch him. So what is it you don't like about leading questions? You asked one yourself. So now you are a hypocrite and what's more you didn't back it with your own vote. This could mean you either didn't have confidence in your own analysis, which begs the question. Why did you imply that we should definitely lynch him? Or it could be a scum strategy.

This entire quote is full of lies. I am voting SBC and have been for the majority of the game. I did not ask a leading question in the way that you are implying. If SBC flips town, my first scumread will be Comrade Shamrock due to his attempts to gain towncred via buddying up to SBC.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - 1 Replacement Needed!
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »

Unvote
Scripten:
Oops sorry. Didn't see your vote I looked past here.
Didn't notice it was on page 3, Then Cheetar said 3 were voting. I put 2 and 2 together getting a very large damn number. You can call me the biggest goddamn idiot on earth and you'd be right.

It seems like a leading question.
Quote from: Wikipedia
For example, this question is leading:
Were you at KC's bar on the night of July 15?
You said SBC was probably scum, then said Persus was the opposite ergo probably town. Then you said spot the differences between them. From Wikipedia's description it sounds like one.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2014, 02:13:34 pm »

From my reading, the difference in those two questions is that yours states an assumption and builds on it (Scripten won't do X, so will he do Y instead?) while Scripten's states his assumption and asks others to examine it.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2014, 08:03:52 pm »

SBC has been poked. If SBC does not respond (assuming he is alive), I will ask 4mask to replace him.

Dorsidwarf has replaced execute/dumbo.exe.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:27:58 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2014, 08:27:32 pm »

People start reconsidering their ideas about the very dark cat-looking person. In the meantime, he falls unconscious. Will his mind change like the guy who liked elephants and the person named Persus?

Day 1 will end at 2 AM UTC on Tuesday, November 20th (about 26.5 hours from now). Weekends will not be counted in the time for a day or a night.

Votes:

Scripten:
Deus Asmoth:
Execute/Dumbo.exe Dorsidwarf:
masked_krusader:
Comrade Shamrock: Persus13 Cheeetar
RangerCado:
Scintillant: RangerCado
Superblackcat: Scripten, masked_krusader
Persus13 Cheeetar:

No Lynch:

Not voting:  Execute/Dumbo.exe Dorsidwarf, Superblackcat, Scintillant, Deus Asmoth,
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2014, 10:10:39 pm »

masked_krusader: Your vote on SBC will remain there until he posts again. Do you believe he's faking an inability to post? Is your vote a 'punishment' for inactivity?

Well, it was a pressure vote to get him to post more, but if
His profile shows he hasn't posted anywhere since the 20th, or just under 4 days ago, so he probably has an RL reason for not posting.
then I'm probably not going to stay with that vote.

Sure! Who are you going to vote for, then? You have about 24 hours.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2014, 01:40:06 am »

Deus:
Scintillant, wouldn't people who voted for SBC once he had a lot of votes and was obviously not posting be more suspicious than those who did so earlier if he flipped town?
A bit, yes, since that is sort of bandwagoning.
Scintillant, what's changed between when you voted for Execute and now that made you decide not to vote for him?
I voted for Execute because he was lurking, but also because he wasn't contributing to the scumhunt. Since there was a slight misunderstanding with the whole replacement thing, I saw that as a reason for the lurking and unvoted. However, I still am a bit suspicious of him and by extension, his replacement.

Scripten:
First off, Unvote Execute.
Scripten:
Thought experiment. Let's go through what associative reads you'll have depending on various lynches. Let's start with the easiest one. What reads will you have on people if SuperBlackCat flips scum? What if he flips town?
Sadly, I don't feel that I'll be able to extract any information from either of these cases, since everyone currently voting for him have the same argument, namely lurking. His profile shows he hasn't posted anywhere since the 20th, or just under 4 days ago, so he probably has an RL reason for not posting. However, even when he was here, he didn't contribute much, so he is most likely scum. Given this, I very much doubt that I'd get anything of use from lynching SBC.
This may be true. But let's say the lynch goes through anyway. It just might, considering that deadline is approaching fast and we do NOT want a no lynch on D1. Where will/would you go?
I'm assuming that you mean what I'd do (feel free to correct me if you meant something else). Now that I've thought a bit more on the matter and am not deathly tired, I think whichever way the SBC lynch goes, my suspicion would fall on Comrade. He was the last one on the SBC wagon, and he got on it with the same argument as Krusader used before him here
namely that SBC was lurking. Also, here
he seems to be defending SBC by saying that it's hard to call a case on him for town or mafia due to his inactivity. He then proceeds to push suspicion onto you, which you then debunk. Afterwards, he responds with this.
This seems very excusey and scummy to me. He's basically insulting himself to show that he's bad and thus should be allowed to get away with his poor argument. In addition, he fails to address any of the counterpoints he presents. All of this put together makes Comrade my prime scum suspect, as a scum partner with SBC, both right now and after an SBC lynch.
I have no idea.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2014, 02:13:49 am »

Hello, BM#51!
Replacement for executedumbo here.

First off, some questions.
Shamrock
Do you feel that the best way to emphasise a point is to repeat it several times? Do you feel having a good working knowledge of people's general vote history is a good idea before accusing them of bandwagon voting?

Masked_Krusader
Have you actually done any serious scum hunting? Are you content to just dump your vote on a lurker and wander off?
If so, what makes you think it's a good idea to be lazy like that?
If not, why are you doing it?

Scripten
Are you content with your Superblackcat policy lynch? Not speaking against policy lunches here, but doesn't this logically free up even more of your time to analyse the rest of the players, since your votee is absent? Where's that going, beyond vague complaints about scilliniant. Also,

This I feel is a leading question.

While Comrade hasn't got much of a case (whatsoever), I found this interesting. Stating a point, then asking a loaded question which is quite clearly designed to get other people to gather proof for that point, with bias towards the explicit statement?
That really is a leading question, if not directly ( Ie: 'find me proof sbc is scum guise' would be directly)

Scillinininant
Why do you think that inactivity ( from the forum, not just the game) is a scum tell for SBC, and why is saying that it isnt scummy?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2014, 02:15:50 am »

Last line of first Scripten section should read "vague complaints about scilliniant, and defending yourself".

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2014, 02:33:24 am »

Second to last sentence of my previous post should read "In addition, he fails to address any of the counterpoints you present".
Scillinininant
Why do you think that inactivity ( from the forum, not just the game) is a scum tell for SBC, and why is saying that it isnt scummy?
I'm not saying that total inactivity is a scum tell, but rater it means that something in RL is preventing him from posting. Lurking just here, now that's suspicious. My main beef with SBC is not really his lurking once the wagon started, since he was totally inactive during that period, but rather the fact that even before he went inactive, he wasn't really contributing much to the scumhunt.
I have no idea.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2014, 02:42:25 am »

Hang on, I think he posted in KYOSN recently. Just read up on that.

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2014, 02:57:39 am »

So he has. Maybe we'll finally get something out of him.
I have no idea.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2014, 11:24:19 am »

Superblackcat
You're running out of time to defend yourself, you know. Do you plan on playing this game at all?

masked_krusader

• Bay Watcher
  • [KRUSADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2014, 01:28:04 pm »

Masked_Krusader
Have you actually done any serious scum hunting? Are you content to just dump your vote on a lurker and wander off?
If so, what makes you think it's a good idea to be lazy like that?
If not, why are you doing it?

Yup.  Not as much as I should have (and could have), but recently RL called its siren call.  Now that that's over with, I'll catch up on this thread.

*reads thread*

Comrade seems to be making a habit of flimsy cases.  Not to mention part of his case on Scripten is an outright fabrication, namely, that Scripten hadn't voted for his target, when he did before me or anyone else did.

masked_krusader: Your vote on SBC will remain there until he posts again. Do you believe he's faking an inability to post? Is your vote a 'punishment' for inactivity?

Well, it was a pressure vote to get him to post more, but if
His profile shows he hasn't posted anywhere since the 20th, or just under 4 days ago, so he probably has an RL reason for not posting.
then I'm probably not going to stay with that vote.

Sure! Who are you going to vote for, then? You have about 24 hours.

And with this in mind, screw it, unvote.  SBC seems likely to be replaced, so my vote staying on him would accomplish nothing.

Comrade is a scummy scum scummer.
People just be cray cray, yo.
I don't really expect to die from appendicitis after surviving the apocalypse.
I’m not Shakerag!
Sigtext.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30