Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257869 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #1215 on: December 24, 2014, 12:52:52 pm »

Well, when all you need is a warm seat to say да when the time comes, it doesn't matter WHO you put there, eh?

Hell, you probably WANT to put the crazies in there, so you can save the actually intelligent people for the jobs that need a brain. >_>
If you want to see a crazy, you should check out Zhirinovsky.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: December 24, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »

Well, when all you need is a warm seat to say да when the time comes, it doesn't matter WHO you put there, eh?

Hell, you probably WANT to put the crazies in there, so you can save the actually intelligent people for the jobs that need a brain. >_>
If you want to see a crazy, you should check out Zhirinovsky.

Totally да. That son of a lawyer. Zhirinovsky. The only reason I can find to take political news as entertainment.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:07:38 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: December 25, 2014, 01:23:22 pm »

So, Russian central bank spent $15.5 billions  since the last thursday.

Here is the answer why USD is worth 53 rubles right now.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: December 25, 2014, 01:28:03 pm »

Where did you get that number, though?

Tried googling "russian central bank spent $15.5 billion" and found nothing of the sorts.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: December 25, 2014, 01:59:47 pm »

Oh, I made a mistake 15.5 billions were spent from december 12 to december 19. Looks like this stuff is announced with one week delay.

One of places to look at Russian reserve is here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/RUREFEG:IND

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: December 25, 2014, 02:02:00 pm »

Where did you get that number, though?

Tried googling "russian central bank spent $15.5 billion" and found nothing of the sorts.
And most of the foreign currency sold by Russia came out of 5 largest state-owned exporter companies' coffers, so it wasn't Russian Central Bank's in the first place.

Here's a more detailed look at the measures the CB has been taking so far.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 02:10:13 pm by Knit tie »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 26, 2014, 07:15:49 am »

Why were they trying to demolition that building? Though NOW they have no choice but to demolition it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 26, 2014, 08:18:39 am »

Well, to make place for a new building? All the reason you normally demolish buildings...

Still, quite a funny fail. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: December 26, 2014, 08:33:35 am »

Well, to make place for a new building? All the reason you normally demolish buildings...

Still, quite a funny fail. :p

I was wondering if they had a legit reason for demolitioning it or they were demoing it just because it's there or because it's an Ukranian building.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 26, 2014, 08:38:36 am »

That is not a controlled demolition. A few years ago there was a failed demolition of a hospital in Australia which killed some bystanders. They I sufficiently weakened the structure, and relied on large charges rather than many small well placed ones. Debris flew hundreds of meters across a river towards coordoned off onlookers.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 26, 2014, 08:43:00 am »

That is not a controlled demolition. A few years ago there was a failed demolition of a hospital in Australia which killed some bystanders. They I sufficiently weakened the structure, and relied on large charges rather than many small well placed ones. Debris flew hundreds of meters across a river towards coordoned off onlookers.

Yeah, in controlled demolitions that I've seen, theres usually charges on multiple floors, especially for tall buildings, here they just sort of exploded one floor and left the rest intact.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 26, 2014, 09:49:35 am »

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:01:45 am by Knit tie »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 220