Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257757 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #1230 on: December 26, 2014, 09:54:16 am »

What a piece of garbage. Who's that guy?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 26, 2014, 09:56:00 am »

dailymail
more like dailyFAIL muahahahaAHAHAHAHA
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 26, 2014, 09:57:09 am »

Uh, you do realize you're using the Daily Mail as a source?

It also inserts some random thing about a Theresa May and some other stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the article. The whole thing comes off as a ramble.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:00:43 am by smjjames »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 26, 2014, 10:00:36 am »

It also inserts some random thing about a Theresa May that has absolutely nothing to do with the article.
Hitchens also appears confident that Russia will become the next Nazi Germany if Putin were to be removed. And he thinks that Britain will start a hot war with Russia, which is not how modern politics work, anyway.

EDIT: And I'll try to find some more scaremongering stuff like that from other sources, stay put.

EDIT2: Found something else: Russian MP says USA is a global threat.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:08:12 am by Knit tie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 26, 2014, 10:06:04 am »

Are you linking it just to poke fun at the daily mail? Because you seem to realize how bad of a source it is. It's not even a good article either, goes all rambly and then goes into four different things that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject. If they were things separated from the article, okay, but they're apparently part of the article itself.

Edit due to knit ties edit: Why are you finding scaremongering stuff to link?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 26, 2014, 10:07:04 am »

Yeah, not entirely sure what your point here is Knit Tie.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 26, 2014, 10:18:02 am »

It also inserts some random thing about a Theresa May that has absolutely nothing to do with the article.
Hitchens also appears confident that Russia will become the next Nazi Germany if Putin were to be removed. And he thinks that Britain will start a hot war with Russia, which is not how modern politics work, anyway.

EDIT: And I'll try to find some more scaremongering stuff like that from other sources, stay put.

Good job linking the Kremlins mouthpiece, at least I beleive Pravda is supposed to be the Kremlins mouthpiece. Or maybe I'm just remembering it as being one of the major sources of Kremlin propoganda.

Also, political posturing, some politicians here in the US have said that as well.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:21:58 am by smjjames »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 26, 2014, 10:23:41 am »

Knit tie, cease passive-aggressive thrusts into general Western direction this instant. This is not enriching this thread at all.
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 26, 2014, 10:25:15 am »

Good job linking the Kremlins mouthpiece, at least I beleive Pravda is supposed to be the Kremlins mouthpiece.

Also, political posturing, some politicians here in the US have said that as well.
Pravda.ru, despite its name and its firmly anti-Western political allegiance, is not a Kremlin's mouthpiece. It isn't even related to the newspaper with the same name, which is the main organ of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 26, 2014, 10:26:31 am »

Isn't it? Who controls it? Anyway, it's an interview of Lavrov. Lavrov is a Kremlin mouthpiece, it's his job.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:28:50 am by Sheb »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 26, 2014, 10:29:58 am »

Are you linking it just to poke fun at the daily mail? Because you seem to realize how bad of a source it is. It's not even a good article either, goes all rambly and then goes into four different things that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject. If they were things separated from the article, okay, but they're apparently part of the article itself.
While I agree with Hitchens' point that the EU has no need to grind axes with Russia as Russia has no intention to expand into Europe or indeed at all, I think that his article goes really, really bad really fast. It's one of those "I wish this guy was better, because he is at my side" moments that I've been having a lot recently. But what can you do, your sons of bitches, "AngloZionist Empire" conspiracy theorists and state-sponsored propaganda outlets are still sons of bitches, "AngloZionist Empire" conspiracy theorists and state-sponsored propaganda outlets, and if I deride Western idiocy about Ukraine and Russia, I should deride Russian idiocy about Ukraine and Russia to an equal extent.

Knit tie, cease passive-aggressive thrusts into general Western direction this instant. This is not enriching this thread at all.
I am really not trying to be passive-aggressive right now, I am sorry if my posts came off as such.

Good job linking the Kremlins mouthpiece, at least I beleive Pravda is supposed to be the Kremlins mouthpiece. Or maybe I'm just remembering it as being one of the major sources of Kremlin propoganda.
Pravda.ru's not a Kremlin's mouthpiece, it's just an anti-Western tabloid. The article is still pure crap, though, I linked it just for fun as a piece of spectacularly bad propaganda.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 26, 2014, 10:30:56 am »

Good job linking the Kremlins mouthpiece, at least I beleive Pravda is supposed to be the Kremlins mouthpiece.

Pravda.ru, despite its name and its firmly anti-Western political allegiance, is not a Kremlin's mouthpiece. It isn't even related to the newspaper with the same name, which is the main organ of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation.

Oh maybe that's what I had heard about and got confused with, apologies.

Isn't it? Who controls it? Anyway, it's an interview of Lavrov. Lavrov is a Kremlin mouthpiece, it's his job.

I wasn't talking about Lavrov, and even if the Kremlin doesn't control Pravda, that doesn't keep them from being really biased.

Besides, Lavrov is just doing political posturing, some politicians (mostly Republicans) have said the same thing of Russia.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:34:21 am by smjjames »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 26, 2014, 10:36:12 am »

Ah, so we're having a "let's show off the worse opinions on the conflict" moment?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 26, 2014, 10:49:13 am »

Ah, so we're having a "let's show off the worse opinions on the conflict" moment?
Yup. I really, really wish that every pro-Russian article was a masterpiece of eloquence and impartiality, but sadly, most of them are just as hysterical and idiotic as the anti-Russian drivel that comes out of Kyiv's and Washington's propaganda bullhorns. So far, I found just two pro-Russian writers who are both predominantly rational and eloquent: Anatoly Karlin and Colonel Cassad. The problem is, Anatoly Karlin has written some horrible, horrible posts about women in the past and believes in stuff that can be quite racist sometimes, such as the genetic nature of IQ, while Colonel Cassad is a self-admitted propagandist for Novorossiya. So yeah.

EDIT: To clarify regaring Anatoly Karlin: he is a firm believer in the Bell Curve book, which argues for a predominantly genetic nature of IQ and that said nature has a certain maximum or minimum that depends mainly on a person's ancestry, i.e. race. Among other things, the Bell Curve argues that most African races are genetically inferior and that the Aryan race is genetically superior. It may be that господин Karlin is an unrecognised prophet who has seen the truth, but it is far more likely that he is an ordinary racist who has latched onto that book because it gives scientific "basis" to his prejudice. Combined with his attitude towards women, this makes Anatoly not a man with whom I want to identify, even though I cannot find most of his articles about Russia anything but excellent.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 11:18:02 am by Knit tie »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 26, 2014, 10:57:06 am »

Most people are propagandists for something, they just usually don't come out in the open about it.

It's better to learn from a person who knows about his subjectivity than somebody who's mistaking his opinions for absolute objective truth.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 220