Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]  (Read 16285 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2014, 08:24:22 pm »

OOC: No further actions. Also, bump.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2014, 09:49:21 am »

Harriet give a dark look at the fleeing rat, but know she has the weaker position and thus Move the Treasury to Mehlenna Blusterant proposal
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2014, 10:51:27 am »

"The current summary, then...

Kyle Johnson proposes a solution to the Heretic Plots, offering the aid of, ah, Tim Ripgore of Murdersmash (2 Might, 1 Piety).
  Mehlenna Blusterant offers the aid of Sir Samuel Blusterant (2 Might, 1 Piety), freshly knighted on his return from Weyland.

Mehlenna Blusterant proposes a solution to the current problems with the Bank of Suul, offering the aid of the Bishop of Zema (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette) and the Ministry of the Faith (2 Piety).
  Harriet Bradley offers the support of Father Apricot (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette) and the Treasury (1 Gold).
  Cinad offers the full support of the Foreign Ministry (4 Etiquette).

Harriet Bradley has withdrawn her proposal.
  Wolfgang Arnoldsson offered the aid of an Armourer (2 Gold, 1 Might) keen on investing in the project.

Cinad counter-proposes a solution to the Wool Export Crisis, offering the support of an old scholar of economics (2 Knowledge, 1 Etiquette).
  Mehlenna Blusterant offers the aid of an Erudite Noble (2 Knowledge, 1 Etiquette) and the aid of the Royal Library (2 Knowledge).

Unless there are further changes, I daresay I shall pass this on to the King."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2014, 01:22:39 pm »

Pangaea yawns.
"Your desire for high offices is quite extraordinary, Lady Blusterant. How many do you intend to accumulate? Three? Four? Six?"

She glances at the council record.
"Cinad's proposal on Wool Export isn't going to work without some Gold. If it fails, the Treasury will be further weakened. What do you think about that, Lady Bradley? By the way, you never actually mentioned giving Father Apricot's support to Mehlenna's proposal, only the Treasury's. Is the summary incorrect or did you implicitly transfer his support as well?"

Edit:
"Be that as it may, we still have other things to worry about. Apparently His High and Mightyness of Suul is coming to visit. The man has a reputation for making sure that his displeasure is keenly felt by those who earn it. Therefore I propose that Melan Chthonophilos the celebrated Religious Scholar (2 Piety, 1 Knowledge) be tasked with preparing a suitable reading list for The Archbishop's Visit."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:14:04 pm by Mopsy »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2014, 04:40:46 pm »

"I send an armorer to help Kyle's suggestion on the heretics."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:14:21 pm by Lukeinator »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2014, 06:36:23 pm »

Pangaea glances at the record again.
"Of course! Good idea, Wolfgang. The infiltrators are still out there and that's very very not a positive thing. Thioral Brymsteen the Angry Cleric (2 Piety, 1 Might) should be able to put the fear of Suul into anyone involved in Heretic Plots, or at least the fear of himself."

OOC: No further actions.

OOC 2: Bolded actions are harder to miss.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2014, 10:21:59 am »

[End of the day, I'm finalising proposals and rolling them.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2014, 06:51:00 am »

Harriet Bradley offers the support of Father Apricot (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette) and the Treasury (1 Gold).

-

Cinad counter-proposes a solution to the Wool Export Crisis, offering the support of an old scholar of economics (2 Knowledge, 1 Etiquette).
  Mehlenna Blusterant offers the aid of an Erudite Noble (2 Knowledge, 1 Etiquette) and the aid of the Royal Library (2 Knowledge).

OCC:I misread, move Treasury to Cinad's.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2014, 04:49:43 pm »

Hello!  Life's been getting pretty hectic for me right now, so I'm afraid I'm calling a temporary Hiatus on all my games until December.  This is just an announcement so people know not to check threads until then.  Apologies for the delays/disruptions to your standard gaming, but RL priorities currently demand my attention right now.  :)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2014, 08:32:59 pm »

Gotcha. Don't feel sorry, Iituem, it happens to all of us!

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2014, 07:47:58 pm »

"It would appear that His Majesty has gone on a vacation by the sea. Wherever the King goes, we must go, too. Pack your high medieval swimsuits, everyone!"
Pangaea remembers that it's late October.
":("

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2014, 07:07:09 pm »

Quote from: Final Proposals
Kyle Johnson proposes a solution to the Heretic Plots, offering the aid of, ah, Tim Ripgore of Murdersmash (2 Might, 1 Piety).
  Mehlenna Blusterant offers the aid of Sir Samuel Blusterant (2 Might, 1 Piety), freshly knighted on his return from Weyland.
  Wolfgang Arnoldsson offers the aid of an Armourer (2 Wealth, 1 Might).
  Pangaea Homologue supplies the aid of Thioral Brymsteen (2 Piety, 1 Might).
Total: 4 Piety, 6 Might

Mehlenna Blusterant proposes a solution to the current problems with the Bank of Suul, offering the aid of the Bishop of Zema (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette) and the Ministry of the Faith (2 Piety).
  Harriet Bradley offers the support of Father Apricot (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette).
  Cinad offers the full support of the Foreign Ministry (4 Etiquette).
Total: 6 Piety, 6 Etiquette

Harriet Bradley supplies the aid of the Treasury (1 Gold)
Total: 1 Gold, 6 Knowledge

Pangaea Homologue proposes a solution to the Archbishop's Visit, supplying the aid of Melan Cthonophilos (2 Piety, 1 Knowledge).
Total: 2 Piety, 1 Knowledge

The Archbishop's Visit
Melan Cthonophilos is an excellent scholar, but his views are... dangerously heterodox.  The Archbishop of Suul's visit is brief and notably silent.  After examining the Gospel of St Corbett and only one of Cthonophilos' selected texts, he departs with no further word.  Rumour spreads, and faithful scholars are less than willing to visit the Library in future.

Required: 4 Piety, 2 Knowledge.
The failure of this crisis weakens the Royal Library.

Heretic Plots
Ripgore of Murdersmash might be an excellent warrior, and certainly had more than ample resources at his disposal, but his ruthless and less than discriminatory razing of several steads in the name of the Church has been less than effective.  If anything, his brutal methods have driven up support for the Heresy, and his obvious attacks enable targets to go to ground again and again.  With no way to keep them in check, the infiltration of the kingdom's spy network increases, crippling us against future attacks.

Required: 5 Piety, 4 Might.
The failure of this crisis weakens the Ministry of the Interior.

The Bank of Suul
The visiting deacons from the Bank are suitably comforted by the diplomats sent to greet them.  Usury is a sin, of course, but there is a delicate understanding as to how the Bank can operate without causing offence to the Father of Suul.  The Bishop of Zema and Father Apricot do their best to encourage the deacons to continue their investments, that the nation of Elbreth is not godless.  Unfortunately, these particular deacons are extremely spartan and fundamentalist (ironic, and perhaps hypocritical given their profession) and take issue with the freely displayed wealth of the Foreign Ministry's toadies and their lackadaisical ways.  After an embarrassing incident involving communion wine and a whore, the deacons leave in disgust.  The Bank of Suul withdraw all their remaining funds, plunging the country into crippling debt.

Required: 7 Piety, 3 Etiquette.
The failure of this crisis weakens the Treasury, exhausting it.

The Wool Export Crisis
While the men sent to manage the new wool export business are skilled, knowledgeable and savvy, skill, knowledge and savvy can only do so much with a poverty of funds.  The would-be staplers do their best to try and arrange a working business, but the old scholar leading them sees that the enterprise is futile.  He embezzles all the money, gets on a fast ship and emigrates to Vasir before anyone can catch him.  News of him spending the last of the Treasury's gold like a king is leaving Elbreth the laughing stock of the local realms.

Required: 5 Gold, 3 Knowledge.
The failure of this crisis affects the Treasury, which already exhausted results in harm coming to the Foreign Ministry.  (randomly determined)

Crisis Auto-Worsens: The Healthy Rich
A rumour is spreading through the land.  Someone has a cure, and they are not selling it cheaply.  As the sleeping sickness once again grips the country like a vice, the peddlar of this cure has turned from lusting after gold to lusting for power.  He has begun to blackmail his way into a position of influence, using this cure as a bargaining chip.

This is now a Moderate Crisis.

November

October was an utter disaster for Elbreth, bankrupting the nation outright and leaving the kingdom weaker and mocked by all.  The king is in a panicked frenzy about what to do - the kingdom has no money to spend, and disaster seems to wait at every turn.

Nobody has the king's favour this month.

Spoiler: Crises (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Government (click to show/hide)

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2014, 08:51:45 pm »

The mood in the council chamber is understandably dark. Pangaea stands and speaks.
"We must end this war of silence! Those who actually want to see our kingdom prosper have to unite! We should declare our assets, support the proposals that are most likely to succeed and distribute favors and offices evenly among those who help out. This should continue until Elbreth is back on its feet. If we only care about our personal ambitions, only those who seek to ruin this land will benefit! Is this not true? What other choice do we have?"
OOC: I see this alliance continuing at least until the ministries are back to their starting strengths. Weak ministries and councilors with fewer/weaker ministries will be prioritized. If there are players whose win condition is basically "mess everything up", then this should weed them out.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2014, 12:18:57 pm »

"That's very rich coming from you, Pangaea. Your meddling ruined the Archbishop's visit. And for what? Nothing. You knew Cthonophilos was a heretic, and yet you sent him still. Was it mere incompetence? A desire to publicly embarrass the Royal Library? Or are you just a heretic yourself?"

Mehlenna glares at Pangaea from the other side of the table, waiting for an answer before she agrees to anything.

"Declaring assets and focusing on a single goal is all well and good, but I'd rather have someone who has the common sense not to force through doomed proposals in charge."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2014, 12:33:57 pm »

OOC: Don't seem to of got updated resources(one) yet.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16