Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]  (Read 16279 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2014, 01:01:08 pm »

Whoops!  Slipped through the cracks, there.  Let me fix that.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2014, 01:34:09 pm »

Kyle rolls his eyes.
"I'd be more impressed with you if you weren't the one who is obviously trying to gain control of all the kings ministries."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2014, 02:13:57 pm »

Harriet watches the petty fight before clearing her throat "Ya finish? I got an proposal.

The Scholarly Poisonings, I believe should be solved since it either enemy action that should be countered or a subject who believe they can get away with it and thus need to be made a example of. I have a contact who has the who how get at the root of the problem(The Corrupt Noble 2 Guile, 1 Etiquette), but he will need help."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:03 pm »

"I propose a solution to the dangerous fanatic using my cat burglar(2 guile, 1 gold), does anyone else they could send?"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2014, 04:59:11 pm »

"That's very rich coming from you, Pangaea. Your meddling ruined the Archbishop's visit. And for what? Nothing. You knew Cthonophilos was a heretic, and yet you sent him still. Was it mere incompetence? A desire to publicly embarrass the Royal Library? Or are you just a heretic yourself?"

Mehlenna glares at Pangaea from the other side of the table, waiting for an answer before she agrees to anything.

"Declaring assets and focusing on a single goal is all well and good, but I'd rather have someone who has the common sense not to force through doomed proposals in charge."

Pangaea glares back and makes an effort not to explode.
"Very well then, let's air our grievances. Yes, I have made mistakes. Yes, I am given to impetuous action. Nevertheless, I think it's pretty rich of you to speak as if you're the sole font of wisdom and authority around here. Like Kyle says, first you gain two ministries with our help, then you rush ahead to gain a third, not bothering to consult anyone. Those who won't meekly fall in line behind you, you accuse of disloyalty. If anyone had been willing to send someone to help me moderate Melan's ideas, the Archbishop might have gone home happy. I never spoke of being in charge, only of cooperation for the greater good."

She looks around the room.
"In any case, my plea was not directed at you alone, Blusterant. Even if we could agree to a truce, we still need the others. To demonstrate my seriousness, I will be the first to present my contacts. They are as follows:
  • A Faithful Scholar (2 Knowledge, 1 Piety) of vast learning, introduced to me by Melan.
  • A Holy Expert (2 Gold, 1 Piety) in the art of wealth acquisition.
  • And finally my own cousin, Rodinia Homologue, a very Perceptive Merchant (2 Gold, 1 Knowledge) even by our standards.
I am willing to support any proposal on dealing with the current crises, provided that the council can convince me that doing so will benefit the Kingdom. In the present reality, that is, not just in theory."

Pangaea sits down again, studying some urgent reports.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2014, 05:20:41 pm »

"I would request the Scholar for the Poisonings. If the murders continue, we'll lose our learned men. Without them, sleeping sickness will only get worse, our spies will get worse Intel and ours people will be more easily lead astray both by heretics and this Father Aspell. Plus there the possible loss of only god know how much knowledge."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2014, 07:31:11 pm »

"Very well then, let's air our grievances. Yes, I have made mistakes. Yes, I am given to impetuous action. Nevertheless, I think it's pretty rich of you to speak as if you're the sole font of wisdom and authority around here. Like Kyle says, first you gain two ministries with our help, then you rush ahead to gain a third, not bothering to consult anyone. Those who won't meekly fall in line behind you, you accuse of disloyalty. If anyone had been willing to send someone to help me moderate Melan's ideas, the Archbishop might have gone home happy. I never spoke of being in charge, only of cooperation for the greater good."

Puffing up, not unlike a blowfish, Mehlenna retorts:
"I never once hinted at wanting any additional ministries beyond the two I have. My sole objective in asking the King, blessed be his name, to appoint me to the positions I currently hold was that they might be used to assist in the ongoing trials! The Royal Library, that we might find a cure for the sickness of our bodies, and the Ministry of Faith, that we could root out the heresy in our nation's souls. Perhaps you hadn't noticed, but during the last session I not only declared every asset I had, but devoted them toward the projects where they would be of the most use. I was, in fact, the only member of this council to supply their every resource toward the Kingdom without question or recompense. Everyone else held something back, claiming that they had "nothing useful" or that they didn't want to contribute to someone else's proposal. What you ask for now has been my personal policy from the outset."

"But, in the interests of clarity, I have recruited for this month... the Pious Elder Thomas (2 Knowledge, 1 Piety), the oh so very Stylish Banker Andrew (2 Gold, 1 Etiquette) and the Wrathful Librarian of the Royal Library (2 Knowledge, 1 Might) who would certainly be interested in stopping these Scholar Poisonings.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2014, 08:45:16 pm »

"I never once hinted at wanting any additional ministries beyond the two I have. My sole objective in asking the King, blessed be his name, to appoint me to the positions I currently hold was that they might be used to assist in the ongoing trials! The Royal Library, that we might find a cure for the sickness of our bodies, and the Ministry of Faith, that we could root out the heresy in our nation's souls. Perhaps you hadn't noticed, but during the last session I not only declared every asset I had, but devoted them toward the projects where they would be of the most use. I was, in fact, the only member of this council to supply their every resource toward the Kingdom without question or recompense. Everyone else held something back, claiming that they had "nothing useful" or that they didn't want to contribute to someone else's proposal. What you ask for now has been my personal policy from the outset."

"But, in the interests of clarity, I have recruited for this month... the Pious Elder Thomas (2 Knowledge, 1 Piety), the oh so very Stylish Banker Andrew (2 Gold, 1 Etiquette) and the Wrathful Librarian of the Royal Library (2 Knowledge, 1 Might) who would certainly be interested in stopping these Scholar Poisonings.

"It's easy to be magnanimous when things are going your way. If you've been eager to serve the King, you've been even more eager to serve yourself. Anyway, I appreciate your willingness to move on, so let's do that. The poisonings must be investigated, yes. However, I'd be more willing to believe that Lady Bradley has the public interest foremost in mind if she was more forthcoming about her contacts. This is about turning things around, not just milking us for all we're worth."

Pangaea looks at Harriet, waiting for a reply.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2014, 02:33:29 am »

"It's easy to be magnanimous when things are going your way. If you've been eager to serve the King, you've been even more eager to serve yourself. Anyway, I appreciate your willingness to move on, so let's do that. The poisonings must be investigated, yes. However, I'd be more willing to believe that Lady Bradley has the public interest foremost in mind if she was more forthcoming about her contacts. This is about turning things around, not just milking us for all we're worth."

Pangaea looks at Harriet, waiting for a reply.
Harriet looks at Pangaea with a 'please don't make say it' before sighing "A Thief(The Sly Gentleman 2 Etiquette, 1 Guile) and that corrupt captain(The Disgraced Captain 2 Might, 1 Guile) from last month debacle."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2014, 05:37:03 am »

[If you've only got two, that's my mistake.  There's another in your inbox.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2014, 06:07:24 am »

[If you've only got two, that's my mistake.  There's another in your inbox.]
(There also The Corrupt Noble 2 Guile, 1 Etiquette, who I used for my proposal. I was just saying the ones I has in spare.

Should I delete the message or pretend I get it next turn?)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2014, 07:03:06 am »

[Ignore it, I'll send fresh ones next turn.]

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2014, 12:40:42 pm »

"Thank you, Harriet. Now I'd like to hear about all the exciting people the gentlemen of the council must be in touch with. We showed you ours, why not show us yours? Then we could get down to business."
Pangaea raises her eyebrows and looks at Cinad, Kyle and Wolfgang.

OOC: A question for the GM: What is the "Decision: Orthodoxy or Heterodoxy?" entry on the "Heretic Undercurrents" crisis about? Will the council get to vote on that issue or is it up to the (successful) proposer?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:50:10 pm by Mopsy »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2014, 02:00:48 pm »

"Besides my cat burglar, I have an Armorer(2 gold 1 might) and a Skillful Cleric(2 piety 1 gold)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2014, 03:49:01 pm »

Harriet hums "Judging by the cards on the table, I do not believe that I can solve the Poisonings even if the other three have good contracts so I may remove it. But I will propose that I can solve Agent Exodus with my thief(The Sly Gentleman 2 Etiquette, 1 Guile), your-" she points at Wolfgang(would a list of who's who on the op would be nice) "-Skillful Cleric(2 piety 1 gold) and possibly Pangaea's Scholar or Expert(1gold), and some others." she looks at the others.

"I can lend a noble (The Corrupt Noble 2 Guile, 1 Etiquette) to your proposal, Wolfgang, if you would scratch my back."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16