Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]  (Read 16289 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2014, 05:50:58 pm »

"As promised, you have the aid of my Bishop (Piety 2, Etiquette 1) in rooting them out."

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2014, 06:20:41 pm »

Pangaea bows slightly and smiles in a way that someone might describe as "enigmatic".
"Thank you, Mehlenna. Now all we need is some strength of arm. It is hard to make right without might."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2014, 03:43:19 am »

The king's chamberlain draws out the usual list.

"Alright, where are we today...  Ah, here we go.

Mehlenna Blusterant proposes to Root out the Mounish Heretics with the aid of a Moneylender (2 Gold, 1 Guile).
  Cinad supplies the aid of a Moneylender (2 Gold, 1 Guile) as well.
  Harriet Bradley supplies the aid of Lord Stone (2 Guile, 1 Etiquette).

Wolfgang Arnoldsson proposes a solution to the Sleeping Sickness crisis, supplying the aid of a Pious Thief (2 Guile, 1 Piety).
  Pangaea Homologue supports this with the aid of the Ministry of the Interior (3 Guile).

Cinad proposes a solution to the Embezzlement crisis, supplying the aid of the Foreign Ministry (2 Etiquette) and a Cunning Chaplain (2 Piety, 1 Guile).

Harriet Bradley proposes a solution to the Missing Diplomats crisis, supplying the aid of an Assassin (2 Guile, 1 Might).
  Pangaea Homologue supports the proposal with the aid of Laen Foch, the Deadly Bard (2 Might, 1 Knowledge).

Pangaea Homologue proposes a solution to the Spy-Aided Heretics crisis, supplying the aid of Thioral Brymsteen (2 Piety, 1 Might).
  Mehlenna Blusterant provides the aid of The Bishop of Zema (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette).

As usual, I will await further discussion before submission to the king."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2014, 03:56:23 am »

"Now, I don't mean to be crass, but... Sir Johnson, what do you actually bring to the council? Thus far, your sole contribution has been the failed attempt at finding a cure to the Sleeping Sickness. Surely you have some resources that can be used for some civic good?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2014, 08:57:32 am »

"You forget, I'm a guard, not a politician. Although I dabble my resources are not suited toward this... domestic stuff."

((Which really aggravates me.))

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2014, 10:23:27 am »

Wolfgang Arnoldsson proposes a solution to the Sleeping Sickness crisis, supplying the aid of a Pious Thief (2 Guile, 1 Piety).
  Pangaea Homologue supports this with the aid of the Ministry of the Interior (3 Guile).

Pangaea approaches Wolfgang.
"Too many negotiators might make the seller feel crowded. If you did change your contribution to a primarily monetary one, I think the chance of obtaining the cure would increase. That Pious Thief would probably be of great help to Harriet. She might even know someone who could further strengthen your proposal."

Edit: She turns to Kyle.
"In fact, we're preparing to deal with a foreign invasion of sorts right now. We could really use some of your Might when we take on the Spy-Aided Heretics."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:46:38 pm by Mopsy »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2014, 03:53:14 pm »

"I'll send my Scribe (2 gold, 1 knowledge)on the cure proposal, and my Pious Thief(2 guile 1 piety)to the missing diplomats."[color]
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2014, 03:03:52 pm »

(>.> <.<) OOc:End of turn here
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2014, 03:18:11 pm »

"I withdraw my proposal for now..."

OOC: End of actions
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2014, 06:52:28 pm »

Pangaea awakens with a start.
"Huh!? Oh dear. My apologies, everyone."

She skims the council record.
"Hmm. This just won't do. Harriet's quest for the missing diplomats is in decent shape, but the rest of them appear to be fraught with uncertainties. I hereby withdraw my current proposal on the Spy-aided Heretics. If you still want to go ahead with yours, Wolfgang, then you have my support, but otherwise I'll reassign the Ministry's agents to Harriet. Better one successful proposal than two failed ones."

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2014, 06:51:27 am »

I do not change my proposal.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2014, 07:09:15 am »

"Understood. Best of luck to the petitioners."
OOC: No further actions.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2014, 07:22:28 am »

OOC: no further actions

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2014, 06:32:35 pm »

OOC No further actions.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2014, 08:54:03 pm »

Quote from: Presented Proposals
Mehlenna Blusterant proposes to Root out the Mounish Heretics with the aid of a Moneylender (2 Gold, 1 Guile).
  Cinad supplies the aid of a Moneylender (2 Gold, 1 Guile) as well.
  Harriet Bradley supplies the aid of Lord Stone (2 Guile, 1 Etiquette).
Total: 4 Guile, 4 Gold

Wolfgang Arnoldsson proposes a solution to the Sleeping Sickness crisis, supplying the aid of a Scribe (2 Gold, 1 Knowledge).
Total: 3 Guile, 2 Gold

Cinad proposes a solution to the Embezzlement crisis, supplying the aid of the Foreign Ministry (2 Etiquette) and a Cunning Chaplain (2 Piety, 1 Guile).
Total: 1 Guile, 2 Etiquette

Harriet Bradley proposes a solution to the Missing Diplomats crisis, supplying the aid of an Assassin (2 Guile, 1 Might).
  Pangaea Homologue supports the proposal with the aid of Laen Foch, the Deadly Bard (2 Might, 1 Knowledge).
  Wolfgang provides the aid of a Pious Thief (2 Guile, 1 Piety).
Total: 4 Guile, 3 Might

The Mounish Heretics

Lord Stone combined his network of secrets with the whispers of the moneylenders and was soon enough able to track down the right people to serve as informers.  Gold greased palms, much less than expected, and soon enough witnesses came forth before tribunals of inquisition.  The heretics were cast out of the country, and the Archbishop of Suul has celebrated our devotion to the faith in his latest papal bull.
Required Resources: 3 Guile, 2 Gold
With the success of this crisis, the Foreign Ministry grows stronger.

The Sleeping Sickness

The spies working for the Ministry of the Interior successfully track down the witch, but the scribe sent to deal with negotiations apparently rubbed her the wrong way.  She raised her price, and when he could not meet it she flew into a rage and tried to kill him - his bodyguards protected him, but slew the witch in the process.  Without a cure, the sleeping sickness has now begun to spread into the provinces.  People are turning from the kingdom's scholars to look elsewhere for hope.
Required Resources: 3 Guile, 3 Gold
With the failure of this crisis, the Royal Library is weakened.

Embezzlement

Despite the Chancellor's best efforts, his cunning chaplain was not cunning enough to determine which of the Treasury's agents were skimming off the top.  Worse, rumour has spread about his failure and the royal vaults are considered a laughing stock.  Several of the kingdom's creditors have called repayments on their loans.
Required Resources: 3 Guile, 1 Etiquette
With the failure of this crisis, the Treasury is weakened.

Missing Diplomats

House Bradley's assassin proves his worth time and time again.  Forming a three-man band with Laen Foch the Bard and a clergyman-turned-rogue, the trio bash skulls, grease palms and listen at doors until they find the man responsible for the deaths of the diplomats.  Before the rival assassin's untimely demise, he coughed up the identity of his employer - a minor noble in the Grand Duchy of Vasir.  Someone wants relations with Vasir to sour.  Now that our diplomats can work without fear, however, we should be able to strengthen those relations accordingly.
Required Resources: 2 Guile, 1 Might
The success of this crisis strengthens the Foreign Ministry.

Crisis Worsens: Spy-aided Heretics

Left to their own devices the heretic infiltrators have only penetrated deeper.  Word from the Ministry of the Interior suggests that they have begun infiltrating government and converting officials - perhaps even some of the Ministry's own spies.
This is now a Moderate Crisis.

October

September proved a mixed bag for the Crown's troubles.  While the Foreign Ministry grows ever stronger, a powerhouse of diplomacy in this age, other parts of the kingdom's influence are seriously lacking.  The crown is teetering on the edge of bankruptcy with barely more military to speak of than Sheepstead's own guards.  Creditors are baying for blood, and the hypocrisy of the Archbishopric of Suul threatens to both reward and punish the nation.  The young king looks exhausted by the promise of things to come and seeks your aid as per usual.

While he frowns on the failed efforts to help the Crown's troubles, he acknowledges the fine work of Mehlenna Blusterant and Harriet Bradley, promising both of them to grant whatever favour they may ask.

Spoiler: Crises (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Government (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16