- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286423 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: (Mostly-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #3330 on: October 04, 2015, 12:41:08 pm »

You know, what's Nevermore's max mana capacity? We might be able to line his compartment with a great shield to prevent attunement, then stick more mana in there the we could ever fit in Valeric.
Ghastly Quote:Nevermore can be filled with 5 mana. it was somewhere between page 15 and 20.
We can build a bigger Ghastly Quotes , or more Ghastly Quotes. All we need is time, so let's do that after the zombie horde is gone.
Please refer to my abolished plan of rebuilding the city using a legion of manymores and then fusing them together into evermore. We can still do that for the right to declare the city our homebase... like - spend three days building golems to rebuild the city, explore the surroundings a bit more(like - for shards of our phylactery) for two days, then return to a colourful rebuilt city that also holds a base of operations in the form of a huge Tower, only dwarfed by the palace (not counting the underground passages and the mining tunnels).
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: October 04, 2015, 12:43:14 pm »

We really should consider getting a large tower made of ash and limestone sooner or later...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: October 04, 2015, 02:05:04 pm »

We really should consider getting a large tower made of ash and limestone sooner or later...
We still have a montage token.

For one week of creating golems, channeling the craft core spell through our staff and meditating in the evening and morning? also using the PP gained through it to learn spells? what are the boundaries of using montages?

Long term plan: Rebuilding the city out of mined unakite, with solid posts under it in certain strategic areas, of course, the new city will be around the farming space. the Palace in the north of the city, the necromancer tower in the south.
A clever system of irrigation trenches dug out by slave bandits, so they can repent for their sins might also be ok. make it look like a fusion sigil, too. just for emergencies. and create a raised platform in the middle for the workers to store food and stuff. Under the platform is a chamber only accessible through a passage from our tower that holds our shard, eventually our phylactery. it's interior coated in lead (ask turf for a book with sigils to protect against scrying, too.)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: October 04, 2015, 03:00:28 pm »

Could we rebuild the city as a golem? Y'know as a sentient reshape-able city whose layout and movement is entirely under our control. (Like the castle Heterodyne in Girl Genius.)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: October 04, 2015, 03:03:13 pm »

If its all made of limestone and ash we can just animate it...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: October 04, 2015, 03:04:07 pm »

Ehhh, scrying prevention is tricky. either there is one solitary spot that is warded like crazy, useful for keeping the specifics a mystery, but also shines like a beacon. You can ward your whole demesne, but then you can't use your own scrying, possibly even little things like using scrying to make automated doors or security stuff like a device to detect uncontrolled portals to deathworlds.

I am unfamiliar with ghastly quotes, could its progeny be fused with a spellbook?

Could we make the city out o a malleable substance? Like water? We could throw in some temperature-control magic and have a living city of ice!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: October 04, 2015, 03:05:22 pm »

limestone =/= Bone
Ash =/= Muscle
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: October 04, 2015, 05:42:40 pm »

If nevermore can only hold five mana, we'll probably need warp space to get any sizable amount into a container. Soul orbs/gourd essence might be useful as well.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: October 04, 2015, 09:29:23 pm »

We just need to build a mana construct that uses mana to fuel mana containment. Hopelessly inefficient, as it will be burning its payload, but its capacity should be infinite...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: October 04, 2015, 09:37:18 pm »

We just need to build a mana construct that uses mana to fuel mana containment. Hopelessly inefficient, as it will be burning its payload, but its capacity should be infinite...

I'm pretty sure warp space is a one-time cost?

Is there any way to "pressurize" mana?

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: October 05, 2015, 02:58:44 pm »

Split 50 pound of gold, then fuse the resulting wealth essence with one pound of blank matter, the metal essence we got from it and 10 life mana.

split the remainder of the greed fruit (we can get more.)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: October 05, 2015, 03:11:10 pm »

Split 50 pound of gold, then fuse the resulting wealth essence with one pound of blank matter, the metal essence we got from it and 10 life mana.

Use a reasonable amount of gold and greed fruit instead.

50 pounds of gold is ridiculous when we don't know if the result will be useful, and even though we can get some more greed fruit, it's nice to have some on hand.

(I know, I feel like I'm a wet blanket for doing this, but we can make stuff without being wasteful or blowing through our whole supply.)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: October 05, 2015, 03:25:46 pm »

Use a reasonable amount of gold and greed fruit instead.

50 pounds of gold is ridiculous when we don't know if the result will be useful, and even though we can get some more greed fruit, it's nice to have some on hand.

(I know, I feel like I'm a wet blanket for doing this, but we can make stuff without being wasteful or blowing through our whole supply.)
+1

Fuse some life mana and essence of curiosity, while thinking of cats.

Fuse some desperation essence, some demonite, and a Sustained Scribe Scroll.

Chuck the generic zombie into a meat-vat. Did we get a net profit of mana?

Learn Animate Object (we created that, right?) if we haven't already, then Animate some essence of curiosity. Adjectify it with "Peaceful", then teach it some spells (including Adjectify and Sustain Spell) and have it (ask nicely) make cool stuff for us (like a mini-Harkim). If it needs encouragement, use the fact that we created it as leverage. Tell it not to use all of our supply of any resource.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: October 05, 2015, 08:30:28 pm »

You have no idea what you are talking about with a "Stasis spell" You will have to be more specific.

The lightning arm is organic, so presumably Hallucinogens would affect it.

You offer the bundle of joy a look at the strange spell formulae...

"NO!" The little Demonite blob hugs the book, and it is no more.

"That little grape snot ball is SO dead next turn!"

The main problem with the gauntlets is that those tiny ones are also controlled by respectable amount s of focus, making something that tiny that strong, while with bigger creations, your focus isn't split between the little lines, so something small like a cord and something large like a barrier, wave, and on one occasion a giant Psychic fist from your Psychic arm after swelling it up.

Using these gauntlet's Power increasing abilities also means Caliblaster doesn't give it's passive bonus since you are getting help to lift it, you would have to disable them when using Caliblaster.

You cast self-proclaim.

Spoiler: You feel strange. (click to show/hide)

You fuse void essence with a blank sigil spell bubble, obtaining a Void Sigil Spell bubble, this sigil will produce void particles endlessly.

You produce another generic zombie from a target undead spell bubble and fuse it with a Craft Scroll Spell bubble, and receive a "Craft Zombie Summoning Scroll" Spell bubble. This is getting a bit convoluted.

Essence of Rot fused with Designate Object creates a Rotpaste Orb, this glassy orb contains a grub that produces small amounts of decomposing paste.

You separate some metal into paper-thin sheets of foil, then stick them together in a sort of book, then put "scribblings" on the whole thing.

A Montage Token can be used for one Goal, Including but not limited to: Learning a High difficulty spell, Constructing a large project, Increasing one stat, developing one idea, just something that can be covered in a montage.

You have a spell called "Compress" which compresses Mana using more mana.

You split 25 Pounds of Gold into Wealth Quintessence and Metal Quintessence, You split half of your Greed Fruit into a Fruit and Essence of Greed, This 66 Pound purple bottle is filled with a gold liquid that smells of Saffron.

You then fuse the small Gold Quintessence with Blank matter, a small Metal Essence, and 10 life mana, Obtaining Royal Mercury, This liquid gold Instead of harming a body, restores it, it is worth 26 times more than gold by weight.

You fuse 3 Points of Life Mana with Essence of Curiosty, while thinking of cats, obtaining a Small blue Gelly. It nudges everything.

Hucking a generic Zombie into a meat Vat gets you about as much mana as it is worth, but amazingly, the waste remains as well.

You fuse Essence of Desperation with Demonite and a Sustained Scribe Scroll, obtaining a Spell containing "Contract" This spell signs the user to an eternity of servitude to demons in return for overwhelming power, if cast in proxy, it's contract falls to the person who intended it be cast.

You Learn animate Object, allowing you to create Weak Animated objects.

You animate an Essence of Curiosity, with a peaceful adjective, and try to teach it spells, while it is curious, it does not understand spellcasting, and must be especially careful or risk turning itself into a spell regardless. you will need to do more with it.

You run outside to see something rising from the sand that you really wish wasn't there.

It is a titan sized creature, one that looks like some horrible winged serpent rises from the sands. It is more than 10 times bigger than Eadlestien, Around it's utterly massive bone hooves spill lakes of Venom, from Needles the size of people all over the feet, Webs covered in House sized feathers go between the Segmented Arachnid legs.  Each of it's teeth are the size of Eadlestien tower.

Sand whips up around it like fine carpet, and more sand flows into it's bones, forming flesh of a sort around the stark white material.

Gerod's ghost comes along, yelling "I'm Back Jerkwads!" as he fires a light arrow into a Zombie, exploding it in a blast of light as the titan rises up behind him, unknowing.

Every single object you own that uses Ambient mana begins to act funny, your Mining mechs emerge from your home, along with your golems, even nonfunctional ones, they all begin to walk towards the mortal god's bones.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:01:39 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: October 05, 2015, 08:45:43 pm »

> Have everyone run and hide deep in the mines.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 250