- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286417 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1170 on: January 08, 2015, 11:16:27 pm »

You attempted to get All of it, with a will like no other.

One chest of Small gold coins (100):(8) You manage to Grab it, But it was trapped, Harming You for some damage. -10

A Skeleton gripping a silver dagger:(2) You Take the Silver dagger. But it detonates, Harming you for a lot of damage! -19 Health

Strange miscellaneous mechanical objects. (4): You take the objects.

Assorted Statues (8):(20!) You manage to get all 8 statues with no harm to yourself, and amazingly, all of them had Treasure chests underneath them! you promptly loot everything.

Iron shield:(2) The shield is firmly embedded in the castle foundations. After a good deal of shaking and shuddering after your first attempt, you don't dare try and remove it again.

After you had did all of that, You peer into the cloud of Graveyard mist, Trying to divine it's purpose.

It Congeals into the bloated floating form of a ghost.

"Oh thank bones, I thought you might be too smart to trip any of my numerous traps for summoning me."

"What on earth?"

"Not from there i can tell you that much. Now onto the business I have been guiding you here for."

He completely disappears just as he opens his mouth, He then reappears moments later with a groan.

"Damn, Figures I would have to be as Completely Puzzling and not helpful at all. Ghosts cannot affect destiny directly. Ok, So, Lets try this again."

"Two Roads taken, One road is lost,
Three roads are gained, and each with a cost,
For others most foul the toll is done paid
On your road you discovered a mystical blade.

A helm and two boots,
A chestplate and a die,
A card of four suits,
and in backup a sai,

Gloves there are three,
As strange as it seems,
And sure don't ask me,
It's from many mad dreams.

Once ago this dream bore fruit,
A box, a mirror, and a black bamboo shoot,
If these Toys came together, Our doom will be nigh,
So with deep breath, and a cough I say with a sigh,

You sure aren't the best, but you've all we got.
So I beseech you Novice Nerkun~
Against the first foe, you've brav-el-y fought
And shot at the sun with a gun.

Destiny strives and fails from this world to shun,
The unstoppable force of The Speaking One
But if light against him is all that is used,
He'll have all to gain, and nothing to lose."

"Oh, but this will happen in like, Years and years from now. So don't worry about it until Creeeepy Shit starts to happen."

"O... Kay..."

"Oh, and I want the Kid to become my apprentice."

"What? No way,  I have had enough of this nectronancy Crap, It was bad enough trying to hide it from the king so I didn't get my Head chopped off and imprisoned for good measure. and after that... That mess! I never want to touch magic again."

The ghost whispers in your mind

Did you see the Insanity that kid pulled? He will either become one of the most powerful necromancers this world has ever seen, or another battery for some stupid ass magician. Any inspiring words of wisdom? Being dead puts a damper on your inspirational speeches. Either he Studies under me, Or he is a liability to literally everything, living, inanimate, or undead.

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/Strategies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:42:45 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 09, 2015, 03:27:01 am »

Two roads taken... One road lost, that seems that could be about how we choose to be a necromancer who fancies to be a mechanic.
"*Sigh*, kid, necromancy isn't something that comes around often, and certainly is a powerful ability to use, you could be one of the most powerful necromancers of the world and do a lot of good things with it."
NS: Nope, Nopenopenope nope, I don't care about any harmful bad jokes, this civilisation is based around joke based warfare!
*Tinkity* (Okay we are going, right now.)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 09, 2015, 06:21:53 pm »

Two roads taken... One road lost, that seems that could be about how we choose to be a necromancer who fancies to be a mechanic.
"*Sigh*, kid, necromancy isn't something that comes around often, and certainly is a powerful ability to use, you could be one of the most powerful necromancers of the world and do a lot of good things with it."
NS: Nope, Nopenopenope nope, I don't care about any harmful bad jokes, this civilisation is based around joke based warfare!
*Tinkity* (Okay we are going, right now.)
+1 Also
"Or would you rather get your untrained ass hooked up to the superweapon of every wannabe overlord who comes by."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 09, 2015, 10:53:47 pm »

He seems unmoved by Your confidence in his power.

"Or would you rather get your untrained ass hooked up to the superweapon of every wannabe overlord who comes by."

He pales at the accusation.

"It's sink or swim kid. and you aught to be king of the pond, The bigger fish, da shark in de wata so to speak."

"And what makes you so sure?"

"Valid question. Daged, How powerful would you say you are?"

"Stronger than you by a landslide."

"And Harkim here?"

"Stronger than me by a landslide."

"...Fine, but only until I become stronger."

"Great, now, Valerik, I owe you one, But you owe me quite a bit, so why don't you take a morsel of that cash you literally stole from my final resting place, and buy the boy some supplies to get him started. The better his start, the better your reward."

"H-Harkim?"

"Yes?"

"My Daddy isn't st-stupid. He knew from the start. Y-you have a place back home, for w-when you become a m-master."

"..."

"You can help a lot of good people Harkim."

((Naw, Nothing in the poem deals with vague meta game stuff like who you chose to start as.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 09, 2015, 11:26:07 pm »

NS: "Sure, I'll see what I can do.
I think some sort of bodyguard would be good for you, kiddo.
Right, Daged, we'll be off to get the proper materials to start him up, I'll be back at a max of a week or so."

Off we go, back to the city!
SS: *Crck* (I'm not going to be a victim of a killing joke, thanks.
Whoever tries that with me will be getting their own little punch line.)
*Tak* (Hey, Toad dude, you alright?)

See if we can smash down that wall with our hammer.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:28:26 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 09, 2015, 11:47:13 pm »

((Do you want to TRAVEL back to the city, Or BE back at the city, Cause one of those is a timeskip, and the other has potential adventure, but wastes your time.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 09, 2015, 11:57:49 pm »

((Do you want to TRAVEL back to the city, Or BE back at the city, Cause one of those is a timeskip, and the other has potential adventure, but wastes your time.))
Travel, please.
ADVENTURE, HO!
Alan help.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 10, 2015, 02:07:51 am »

> Necromancer 3x ghosthug!!!

> No timeskip, but don't even leve quite yet. Prepare so you can leve in the morning, but it's probably ratyher late and we shoul use all thisstuff and then leve right after being rested in the morning.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 10, 2015, 08:49:07 am »

> No timeskip, but don't even leve quite yet. Prepare so you can leve in the morning, but it's probably ratyher late and we shoul use all thisstuff and then leve right after being rested in the morning.
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 10, 2015, 09:25:46 am »

+1
+1

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 10, 2015, 09:29:26 am »

Are you certain there is no way for us to circumvent the "Ghost cant interfere with destiny" thing?
Cant we have him temporarily posses us and allow us access to that piece of knowledge or something?
Maybe an enchanted object that binds him to the mortal realm so he can speak uninterrupted, Or maybe we can sorta "Force him" to remain grounded with our own magical powers? Maybe even have the boy help us if we can't.
You couldn't call yourself a necromancer nor a necromechanic if you didn't have the creativity/intelligence or guts/curiosity to at least try to circumvent the rules at least a little bit.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 10, 2015, 10:11:09 am »

Are you certain there is no way for us to circumvent the "Ghost cant interfere with destiny" thing?
Cant we have him temporarily posses us and allow us access to that piece of knowledge or something?
Maybe an enchanted object that binds him to the mortal realm so he can speak uninterrupted, Or maybe we can sorta "Force him" to remain grounded with our own magical powers? Maybe even have the boy help us if we can't.
You couldn't call yourself a necromancer nor a necromechanic if you didn't have the creativity/intelligence or guts/curiosity to at least try to circumvent the rules at least a little bit.
Tis true. Both magic and science are about both knowing the rules and trying to bend them as far as possible.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 10, 2015, 05:51:23 pm »

Funny you should mention that, It is actually more of a time-paradox-esque problem, rather than a mysterious force preventing me from doing it. basically, it is impossible because of threads of destiny tying everything together. I cannot tell you something that will directly and on it's own help you circumvent fate, because that would also sever the point of my appearance retroactively, which prevents shenanigans from happening, because they will have never happened. but if I told you something obfuscating and confusing, and as a result of your adventures you figured out what it meant, then you yourself can bypass it, and I will have only indirectly caused it. The same effect could be achieved by me putting a full summery of your travels in a box, and making it 'impossible' for you to open it, until you somehow opened it early, such things usually take place when the forces that govern your actions conflict with the force that governs your destiny... If you know what I am saying He winks at you.

"I have no earthy idea what he is talking about, any of you guys catch the point he was trying to make?"

"Blah blah blah, you are the best, now lets hug."

The ghost Nabs you and Harkin In a gooey Ghost hug.

"Now get the hell out of my house."

You gather everyone up on the cart and Bring it over to the other side of his tower, so you can loop around to Eadlestien.

You sleep until morning, Your dreams are pleasant, but relatively uninspired. +3 Pontification points, +20 Health, +2 Elbow grease, +4 Mana.

Upon waking up, you realize that your Fortress is getting absurdly stuffed with treasure.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 10, 2015, 08:37:44 pm »

NS: Investigate the mechanical components, to see what they can do or if they're just assorted junk.
Go to blood cattle and attempt to mutate his mind so he is fiercely protective of the kid and highly aggressive against anyone who try's to hurt him, don't let him out of the cage until it is assured the mutation went correctly.
Say hi to wizard butler and get him on the job of figuring out how that serum is made, and if he can purify it so it won't affect mental capacity.
Check out the workings of the mechanical guns, see if it might be possible make more of them.

2 PP on craft tissue, one on near death, one on Salvage and the final one on purify.
Annnnd... That's about it for me.
((Sorry Shadestyle, but I've been holding this in for a while now.))
Alan help.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 10, 2015, 09:13:34 pm »

> Reverse engineer Fat Zombie

> Thoroughly examine and reverse engineer Robot and various parts thereof, generously using identify scrolls on sub-components as needed and maybe spend a identification point or two learning to reproduce things.

> Try to mess with the golem core of the robot to convert it to our minion

> Examine statues. if they seem to be something other than just normal statues, use an identify scroll.

> Test mechanical guns

> Test giving a bit of miracle serum to a zombie. just a few drops to trace before deciding on further investment

> Extract and read alchemical recepie

> What exactly happened to the summoned Fenrir?

> Pulverize a bunch of bones

> With leftover pointification points, attempt to learn, in order: Engrave Runes, Advanced Raise Dead, whichever of Salvage or Purify that extracted metal from ores, Craft Basic Shape.

[I have a bunch of spellcasting I want to try before leaving to but this is probably more than enough for one update]
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 250