Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Alien Fire  (Read 22202 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Alien Fire
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2014, 04:48:14 am »

Long explanation short, we split the profit from my trait equally.

So you pay me 75% of what the research costs.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:53:56 am by 10ebbor10 »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2014, 02:59:35 am »

Year 6, Q1~2

Pelsk of Cruaraea
The Scout #13 arrives in Pelsk Echo and scans the planet. It doesn't look good down there, but the Scout's sensors are not sophisticated enough to resolve the surface in high enough definition. Perhaps the Sensor Suite upgrade would help?

His Hercules shuttles fly back to Earth and unload the wrecks. The Alien Scout wrecks are worth half a research credit each (so 1.5 research credits) and the M1a wreck is worth 5 credits. Each Research Credit can be used to gain a free research turn, though you still use Production.

Squadron Alpha, which now temporarily includes the Scout #10 heads to SpaceBendSign and will arrive in five turns.

Scout #14 heads towards SummerSentDried and will arrive in 4 turns.

Two Erinyes are constructed in the orbital docks for 80 credits, and 40 credits are spent for Superconductors.

With an income of 142 (including the m1a refund), Pelsk has a net gain of 22 credits.

Fletcher of the Titanian Republic pays Zhakarov 30 credits for Superconductors.

He spends another 10 credits scanning Olympus. Two star systems are discovered, SuddenlySetsBrown and RocketFrogMaterial, at 2.27 and 0.22 units distance each.

Finally, the Erinyes at Olympus starts heading back to Sol for a refitting, and will arrive next turn.

The Scout M1a #1 arrives at Sol and is refitted with a Superlaser.

With an income of 90, Fletcher has a net gain of 50 credits this turn.

Amelia of Kasselyn

Amelia's Hercules returns to Earth and provides her with 20 credits from the Erinyes wreck and 0.5 Research Credits from an Alien Scout wreck.

In the Pelsk Delta system, Amelia's Turul attempts to run.

Initiative:
= Turul goes first 50% + 10% (=difference in speed times ten)
= Scout goes first 40%
Result: 78

The Alien Scout fires its photon drivers.

Alien Scout Twin Photon Drivers -- 0 * 2

The beams bounce off the Turul's defenses like they were simple flashlights.

The Turul takes advantage of the confusion and destroys the Alien Scout with its quad railguns and flees to Sol.

The repair cost scales between 0 and 50% of the purchase price. The maximum price spent can be reduced later with repairing-related technology. Therefore, Amelia pays 69 credits as repair fees, since the Turul is at 8% HP.

Pelsk has already scanned Pelsk Echo (previously known as TaughtFamilyEquator) and determined that there are no systems connected to it.

The four Erinyes at Pelsk Golf fly back to Cognitari.

Because no ships have died, Amelia isn't able to build more Scouts. Instead, she finishes Improved Shields for 30 credits. Human ships can now equip Force Fields, which provide around 1.1 shielding. Affected ships include the Phoenix B, the Scout M2a, the Rukh 1, and the Pinion Orbital Defense Platform.

With an income of 167, Amelia has a net gain of 98 credits this turn.

Zhakarov of the Euroslavic Federation
Response: Temporary income, such as commissions, is also reported as income for that turn. I have fixed the credit amount. Also I fixed the scout :P

Zhakarov pays 110 credits to upgrade his M1a to a M3a (assuming I understood that correctly). It flies to Pelsk Delta. The system is no longer "hot", seeing that Amelia's Turul cleared the two Alien Scouts that were here. The stark asteroids and dusty gas cloud is all that greets Zhakarov's M3a.

The Vanguard M1a heads to KeepAccurateDisease and will arrive next turn.

A &Rukh 1 arrives in Vanguard system.

Amelia has already finished Improved Shields research, so nothing happens. Additionally, she has decided not to commission Kinetic Missiles. Zhakarov researches Superconductors on commission by Fletcher, gaining 10 credits along with a +2 to Patents.

With an income of 122, Zhakarov has a net gain of 12 credits.

Alien encounters
Pelsk Alpha is peaceful.

Cognitari
- A small alien fleet appears! It consists of three Alien Interceptors and a Alien Shuttle. The Shuttle hails Amelia with the message, "We come in peace, primitives. We are aware that your toy ships shot down one of our Alien Scouts, and demand that you give up the wreckage to us, along with the body of the deceased pilot." Amelia can decide to shoot first--she has the defender's initiative. If Amelia starts talking with the aliens, she will lose the initiate.

Olympus is peaceful.

New potential techs
Production Efficiency II40 * 4Further improvements in production methods allow all manned colonies to produce 50% more with the same infrastructure.
Enhanced Repairs20 * 2Gaining experience in repairing damaged ships has allowed repair costs to go down from a maximum of 50% to a maximum of 33%.
Double-Colonizing40 * 4Planets tend to be big. Perhaps we could colonize a single planet twice for more income? (Earth excluded)

Incidentally, perhaps factions could agree to research the same technology at the same time to finish things faster, or commission a research to Zhakarov then also research the tech themselves.

Spoiler: Star systems (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:15:42 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2014, 03:13:07 am »

Amelia Tenrin
Actions at a later post! :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:16:06 am by Tiruin »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2014, 04:10:36 am »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Refit the Scout M1a to a Scout M2b with 150% HP (-20 Credits) then send it to Olympus
Construct a Colonizer Beta (-50 Credits).
Send one of the Scout M2bs at Olympus to RocketFrogMaterial, the other to SuddenlySetsBrown
Commission Production Efficiency II research from Zhakarov (-30 Credits)
Research Production Efficency II (-40 Credits)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:05:02 am by RulerOfNothing »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2014, 04:16:16 am »

I did plan to update to M3a standards.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2014, 04:47:27 am »

I'll fix tiruin and ebbor's turns tomorrow, too sick atm. Ebbor, jsut reminding you that it'll cost 110 credits.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2014, 05:00:33 am »

Statement: The Euroslavic Federation is always willing to consider doing research under commission of other parties. Adminstrative fees apply. All research property of the Euroslavic
federation.

Production:

- Enhanced repairs  [Commissioned]
 - Production efficiency [Commissioned]
 - Colonizer Beta

Movement:
 - Send &Ruhk 1 to KeepAccurateDisease
 - Send Colonizer Beta to Vanguard

Spoiler: Budget (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:41:17 am by 10ebbor10 »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2014, 10:37:38 am »

Build Colonizer Beta and send to Pelsk Golf.
Research Sensor Suite Satellite.
Research Production Efficiency II.
Send Hercules to Pelsk Alpha and collect the two Scouts.
Send Hercules to Pelsk Delta and collect Pelsk scout.
If Production allows, refit Impasser when it arrives into Ruhk 2.

"Say, Pelsk. That black box from the wrecks? Invaluable trove of information. I suggest you'd use it wisely--like, how's about investing into better capital ships? While I do admire the engineering of the corvette...it is too slow, for its mass to speed ratio, don't you think?

"Also I've been looking through our economic listings. We both have 4 colonies each (one of mine isn't working however), and considering how our governance systems are different in regard to economic outcome, could I request a split of equal return? I'm uploading a list for your discernment. Colonies marked as asterisks would be made to return to their owner."

Quote from: Shared Colony List
P   *Pelsk Bravo/Vili -- +7
A   *Pelsk Charlie/Ve -- +7
A   *Cognitari/Memoria -- +7
P    *Pelsk Alpha/Freyr -- +7
P   *Pelsk Alpha/Freyja -- +7
A   *Pelsk Echo/Alpha -- +7
A   Pelsk Echo/Beta -- +0

"Which...basically means every colony we're sharing--sans Beta, of course, though the trade pact is still in effect for future utility, to be noted.."
"Amelia, that is probably the LEAST valuable thing that came from the wreckage. As you, no doubt, are aware, we just captured 3 dead alien pilots. I'm having them brought down to the medical bay for autopsy. I want to know the aliens, inside and out. Plus, those alien scout pieces can be investigated. Perhaps we can learn something more from them. Besides, I can save that research for another turn."

Have engineers tell me anything they can about the Alien Scouts.
Dissect alien pilots.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2014, 06:30:02 pm »

"Amelia, that is probably the LEAST valuable thing that came from the wreckage. As you, no doubt, are aware, we just captured 3 dead alien pilots. I'm having them brought down to the medical bay for autopsy. I want to know the aliens, inside and out. Plus, those alien scout pieces can be investigated. Perhaps we can learn something more from them. Besides, I can save that research for another turn."
"Err, that too--that's under the idea of 'wreckage'. And I'm sending over my Hercules to Delta here."

((Also grr, thought there were no planets in Golf -.- Grr @Control value, rather.
How much to expand control--for me? I spend the initial 50 creds for a 1[?] increase.))
"Any ideas on what to focus research on?"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2014, 07:27:57 pm »

"Err, that too--that's under the idea of 'wreckage'. And I'm sending over my Hercules to Delta here."

((Also grr, thought there were no planets in Golf -.- Grr @Control value, rather.
How much to expand control--for me? I spend the initial 50 creds for a 1[?] increase.))
"Any ideas on what to focus research on?"
"Delta has three ships. Only two small ships fit in the Hercules. I'm merely taking what doesn't fit. Also, Production Efficiency is a good idea."

((100 Credits. You'll be boosted to 12.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2014, 09:17:11 pm »

((Ahh, so its incremental? [ie 3 control for 50; 4 control for 100; 5 control for 200...] That's a nice concept!))

"Hmm, good call. I've been reconsidering my expenditures and I could probably push for Production Efficiency too."
[Though the scenario would be like so: I'd need to know how much my scrapping of my Erinyes works [IF: Skyrunner did not count the scannerscan @Pelsk Golf, given how it seems she targeted the wrong system earlier :P].
I'd be spending on a new FAS regardless--so out of my 200 credits {fixed my income}, I'd have 50 back. ...Err, I'm still unsure how commissioning to ebbor works other than getting another research slot {though it seems you pay less when you commission o_O}
So regardless of anything, I'd only be able to push Production Efficiency once, and given you're pushing it too--we need 2 others. ebbor, Ruler, would y-]

"I'd really suggest all provinces push for production efficiency soon enough. Unlike how the Industrial revolution occurred--we've less of the problems and factors that existed and more of the benefits gained from thorough perusal of history here."

Note: I'm editing all my actions once Skyru fixes it :P
Awesome GM she is.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:38:26 pm by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2014, 10:07:54 pm »

You don't even have a ship at Pelsk Golf, how will you scan it? You didn't have enough control to build a M2 and send it there.

edit: should have fixed the monies.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:15:56 am by Skyrunner »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 17, 2014, 01:46:37 am »

Tiruin, I'd be perfectly willing to switch my research spending for this turn over to Production Efficiency II if you and webadict agree to help with double-colonization next turn (as double-colonization would increase our potential incomes by a considerable amount). Otherwise, I guess we research Production Efficiency II and Double-Colonization next turn then.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 17, 2014, 06:29:45 am »

You don't even have a ship at Pelsk Golf, how will you scan it? You didn't have enough control to build a M2 and send it there.

edit: should have fixed the monies.
I had a ship there until they were moved due to a conditional action... :-\

> Scan the skies of TaughtFamilyEquator. Send Erinyes Fleet back to Cognitari. Silently complain that they'll take THREE turns to get to CostAttentionPlay, then cancel sending them back to Cognitari. Instead, when skies are scanned--send Erinyes fleet automatically to the nearer system, if possible. If not, then return them to Cognitari.

Also get well soon Sky :<

Tiruin, I'd be perfectly willing to switch my research spending for this turn over to Production Efficiency II if you and webadict agree to help with double-colonization next turn (as double-colonization would increase our potential incomes by a considerable amount). Otherwise, I guess we research Production Efficiency II and Double-Colonization next turn then.
Sur-

"Sure." Amelia says concisely with a smile.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:31:30 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #224 on: November 17, 2014, 07:24:39 am »

Well, the reality is that nothing's there, so deal with it. :v

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22