Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Alien Fire  (Read 22166 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- First contact
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2014, 06:10:46 pm »

Darnit Pelsk. I would've gained more credits to push into our shared research that we all have.  :P
...We can however, trade other things like private owned colonies and stuff, ight?

Editing. . .

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2014, 09:07:22 pm »

Darnit Pelsk. I would've gained more credits to push into our shared research that we all have.  :P
...We can however, trade other things like private owned colonies and stuff, ight?

Editing. . .
"5 credits is nothing to scoff at."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2014, 09:22:34 pm »

Amelia Tenrin - Kasselyn
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

"5 credits is nothing to scoff at."
"*cough* Per collection of taxation. Anyway, you've a gift of schematics soon."

Skyrunner:
> Could we have an updated list of researches per turn too?
> Also is there a SET turn order? As in, Webadict always goes first, then Ebbor, then me. . .
And not by post-time? :P
> Is it possible to edit a created ship's loadout (as in, if I make an Impasser, can I edit its weaponry once the available advanced tech is...available?

"Pelsk. Our Engineers have noticed the understandable increase of firepower--we only need larger ordnance.
...And aid."
She winks at you.

Research Extra Trait
TWICE.
To complete it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:58:35 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2014, 10:55:20 pm »

Yes, you can change weapons for the Phoenix when newer ones appear. The Impasser is more limited in loadout.

i don't think you want to move your Colonizer though--it has solid rocket engines, so after its first burn you can't move it anywhere else.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2014, 12:50:14 am »

Yes, you can change weapons for the Phoenix when newer ones appear. The Impasser is more limited in loadout.

i don't think you want to move your Colonizer though--it has solid rocket engines, so after its first burn you can't move it anywhere else.
Huh o_o
Right then. Edited. Didn't know that judging from the sheet itself.

Edit: You missed a question. :v
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:08:31 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2014, 04:42:31 am »

Year 2, Q1~2

A new year dawns on Earth, and a new era for the space vessels of humanity, because two important technologies have been announced! Larger ships can be constructed in the orbital docks of Earth, and the completion of prototype railgun weaponry may provide the key to penetrating the shields of the alien ships.

Pelsk of Cruaraea
Pelsk grants Amelia half of the income of Pelsk Bravo/Vili.

He spends 15 credits on finishing Railguns! The Phoenix can now be equipped with a Prototype Railgun, which deals 1.2 Kinetic damage. Any existing Phoenix fighter craft are retrofitted to use a Prototype Railgun.

A Colonizer Alpha is constructed in the flying docks, for the cost of 50 credits.

Pelsk sends his Impasser to MilkHumanSomewhere. At the blazing speed of .73 warp (repeating, of course) it arrives there.

The system has two stars with only one habitable planet orbiting it. There are no traces of alien starship drives in the system. However, the Impasser bumps into an Alien Probe. It is smaller than the Impasser, with the golden sheen the Alien Scout had. The shimmer of a force field encircles it, but it probably has no armor. The tiny barrel of a single Photon Driver pokes out from the front. Engage it?

The Scout is sent from Pelsk Bravo to BrushThirdTotal. It will arrive next turn.

Pelsk gains 45 credits from Earth and Vili. The net loss is 20 credits.

Zhakarov of the Federation

His scientists perfect Larger Vessels. It is now possible to create the Scout M2, significantly larger than the M1 along with heftier shields or point defense. Because Improved Lasers has not been developed yet, they equip four 570nm lasers, previously found on the Impasser. Next, to bring the fight to the aliens, a "gunship" chassis of sorts has been developed, named the Erinyes. However, the rudimentary weapon systems available are not powerful enough to punch through the combined armor and shields of the aliens yet, so it may be best to wait. Currently, four Prototype Railguns are equipped. The Ruhk 1 & 2 are also available. Eschewing hull strength for faster speed along with tougher armor, it, too, has no reason for existing yet--better weapons are needed to justify its fragility compared to its older brother, the Phoenix. Along with the railgun, Ruhks have the capacity for one (1) volley of missiles.

Research commences on better mining.

Both scouts of the Federation are moved to the Crowbar system.

With an income of 40 credits and expenditure of 30, the Federation has a net gain of 10 credits.

Fletcher of the Titanian Republic

10 credits are spent on scanning for star systems connected to Crowbar System.
Two systems are discovered, named HatBeyondGreater and ChooseSoldierNobody. Their distances are 0.325 and 1.21 warp, respectively.

15 more credits are spent on starting Missile research.

With 40 income from Earth, the Titanian Republic has a net gain of 15 credits.

Amelia of Kasselyn
You cannot research Extra Trait twice without Future Tech as a trait. Instead, research has been put into Missiles as agreed-upon in IRC.

Chemical Missiles are invented! They deal 3 damage, but ships that equip missiles can only use them a certain number of times before having to reload for a small fee at a colony with Orbital Docks. 15 credits used.

Also agreed-upon in IRC, she orders the construction of an Impasser craft for 15 credits.

(The only turn order is "web goes first" then everyone else goes by post order.)

Income 49 credits means a net gain of 19 credits.

New potential techs
Improved Railguns30 * 2
Improved Shields30 * 2
Improved Point Defense30 * 2
Improved Armor30 * 2
Larger Ships II30 * 4
Improved Ion Drives II30 * 4
Production Efficiency15 * 4
Production Efficiency increases manned colony output, including Earth, by 50%.

EVENT
A burning, heavily damaged ship that is larger than the Alien Scout has warped into Sol system! It is limping across the system (at a speed of 0.2 sublight speed) in a path that will take it very close to Earth. The Alien Ship is roughly two times longer than the Scout, and much larger in volume. It has four engines that look different from the Phase Drives on the Alien Scout, two of which are mangled. The golden armor of this ship is dented and splattered with some dirty black material. The shields of the Ship are flickering on and off. It seems to be running from something... The sensor scans from Earth don't have enough resolution to detect anything smaller than a Human Scout M1a, and Alien Scouts are slightly larger than that.
Perhaps this is a chance to capture an Alien ship and slingshot humanity into the future, or even capture and interrogate an Alien? If you destroy the ship in combat, you cannot interrogate the alien inside--though, who knows if humans can even figure out what the alien speaks. You may construct a ship from the docks and immediately use it in this event.

The Alien Ship has been nicknamed an Alien Gunship for now.

(red is alien presence)
Explored
Star System Sol
    Earth -- 40 resources per turn -- all factions
   (one burning Alien Ship)
Star System ShortLastHigher (discovered by multiple factions): One sun
    Prime
    (one Amelia M1a wreckage)
Star System Crowbar (Discovered by Zakharov of ESFed): Two suns
    (no planets)
Star System Pelsk Alpha (discovered by Pelsk of Cruarea): One sun
    Alpha
    Beta
    (one Pelsk M1a wreckage)
Star System Pelsk Bravo (discovered by Pelsk of Cruarea): Two suns
    Vili -- U.Colony Level One, Pelsk
Star System MilkHumanSomewhere (discovered by Pelsk of Cruarea): Two suns
    Prime
   (one Alien Probe)
Potential systems
Star System BrushThirdTotal
Star System HatBeyondGreater
Star System ChooseSoldierNobody

Researching technologies (also in second post)
Extra Trait1 turn remains
Enhanced Unmanned Mining1 turn remains

New ships

Alien ship discovered

FAQ:
The Erinyes has 3 volleys of missiles, and the Ruhk 1. After using all the volleys, they cannot fire any more missiles until they restock at an orbital docks, which currently only exists on Earth.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 06:21:59 am by Skyrunner »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Alien Fire
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2014, 06:06:45 am »

Amelia Tenrin
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bloody 1 research per turn >:I

> Research Extra Trait.

> DISARM IMPASSER; (silently curse that I don't have the trait to reconfigure my impasser with armor and shields), and send it on a communication and white-flag-ish course to the Alien Gunship!

> Produce 1 Erinyes Gunship; arm y'all armaments with MISSLES! [It has orders to attack the Gunship if my Impasser is fired upon]

> Send my Colonizer to MilkHumanSomewhere to colonize that one planet; Name: Ve
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 06:32:53 am by Tiruin »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2014, 06:50:25 am »

I think I should have Missiles finished though, since I spent money researching it in Year 1.
EDIT: actually, is it possible to have the Colonizer Alpha move through 2 systems?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2014, 06:53:18 am »

Yes. It just can't go to one location then the next turn go somewhere else.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2014, 06:56:51 am »

Send one scout to HatBeyondGreater and one scout to ChooseSoldierNobody.
Build an Erinyes gunship (order it to also attack the alien Gunship if Tiruin's Impasser is fired upon)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:51:09 pm by RulerOfNothing »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Looking for 4 faction leaders
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2014, 09:21:30 am »

Provost Zhakarov - Euroslavic Federation

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Research/Production
    - Production Efficiency
    - Advanced Unmanned mining

Movement
    - Move one scout to HatBeyondGreater and one scout to ChooseSoldierNobody
    - Move one Colonizer to exploit the Asteroid Belt

Spoiler: Budget (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2014, 09:22:58 am »

I'm surprised only Tiruin is reacting to the event...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2014, 09:41:35 am »

I'm surprised only Tiruin is reacting to the event...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somebody_Else's_Problem
Oh that's war talk there. >:I
So mean. Not even communicating with me to at least make it diplomatic >_> This apathy is grounds for open...dislike! I dislike this lack of communication!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2014, 10:37:51 am »

Name MilkHumanSomewhere to something more appropriate... Like Pelsk Charlie.

Send Colonizer to Jupiter when able.

Leave Probe as is. Scan the Skies of Pelsk Charlie.

Build Erinyes Gunship and backup Amelia. Fire at ANY hint of hostility from Alien Gunship.
Research Production Efficiency.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22