Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Angelfear(Prison Succession Fort)(We have no Overseers to take the next turn...)  (Read 14002 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Welcome to our little corner of hell.  Our embark site is roughly half and half divided between terrifying and haunted biomes, and the rulings we are using is below.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Yeah, kinda makes us a little screwed over.  Let's see just how far we wind up being able to make it.

Oh, did I mention there's SCPs, Daleks, Cybermen, Holistic Spawn, and Necromorphs running around and may just decide to visit us?  Yep.

Overseer Succession
1:  Zanzetkuken 1 2 Save
2:  Pisskop 1 Save
3:  HugoLuman 1 2 3 4 5 Save
4:  Crocatowa 1 2 -SKIPPED DUE TO INACTIVITY-
5:  Neblime 1 2 3 4 Save
6: 
7: 
8: 
9: 
10:

Dwarfing List
Zanzetkuken - Dwarfed - Dwarf Killed
Pisskop - Dwarfed
HugoLuman - Dwarfed
Crocatowa - ???
Neblime - Dwarfed

Spoiler: Mod Credits (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:47:51 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check: Prison Succession Fort
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 09:05:12 am »

Sounds interesting, but having the overseer be leader of the marksdwarf squad might cause an unnecessary amount of reshuffling the squads, particularly if you get more than ten overseers. Just having each overseer being a captain might be a better choice.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 09:12:10 am »

I'm actually in the middle of writing up a story fort with the exact same premise (well, sorta; penal colony instead of a prison, but same difference).  Rule-set was way different than yours, but it's a good theme for a fort.

I'd be interested in reading about your game, but I've got enough going on right now that if I took a turn, I'd want it to be a month away or so.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 01:06:28 pm »

Sounds interesting, but having the overseer be leader of the marksdwarf squad might cause an unnecessary amount of reshuffling the squads, particularly if you get more than ten overseers. Just having each overseer being a captain might be a better choice.

True.  Might just make it a position the replaces mayor, to keep things thematic.

I'm actually in the middle of writing up a story fort with the exact same premise (well, sorta; penal colony instead of a prison, but same difference).  Rule-set was way different than yours, but it's a good theme for a fort.

Especially with the way fortresses are run at times.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 07:06:57 am »

While I like 'combat sugeons', they should get their own squad
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:43:42 am »

While I like 'combat sugeons', they should get their own squad

Undoubtedly.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 12:14:37 pm »

To be fair a change in the way they train (5 sets of 2 minimum) can easily overcome the fact you are cancelling splitting into groups of 2 (although splitting into squads of 2 is easily the best method i've used and requires no additional training and gets "great" or legendary within 2 years)

To be fair, it sounds like my forts anyway. a good 40-60 dwarves are in general military out of 100.

How are "rulers" of the fort such as you and I fitting in? I.e naming a dwarf as yourself. Generally as squad leaders? I suppose in theory you can write from the perspective of someone under someone else.

I'll "put in a shift" ;)
Sign me up when you get going
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 02:17:24 am »

So... this is a very military intensive fortress, set as a prison and guarded heavily.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 02:25:46 am »

Sounds like a good way to test the new emotions system. Initial embark won't contain any prisoners, presumably. Overseer squad positions rule may need some tweaking.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 08:35:15 am »

So... this is a very military intensive fortress, set as a prison and guarded heavily.
just slightly above average for me, barring redundancy.

The real fun, imo, is going to be the logistics and emotions.  Getting blocks dug out and  keeping everyone not dead.  Unfortunately, unless we start a game in a world at war with goblins we may never be able to correct them.  Also suggesting worlds with dying/conquered dwarves for more nobles . .   err. .   'high security inmates'.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 10:25:28 am »

Is anyone interested in an actual turn?  I want to have a short list before I start.

I feel as if I should note that I'm also thinking of bringing in the Necromorphs, Spawn of Hollistic, Cybermen and Daleks, and SCP Foundation mods.  I'll probably shif the embark so that Terrifying only comprises a side or corner, if I do that, but those four would kinda make it...sensible.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 10:25:50 am »

yup.  Although you'll have to fill me in on what the necromorphs and SCP mod dudes do.  Holistic spawn, Ive read up on.

IN
PKs DF Mod!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 11:16:48 am »

I'm in. Spawn AND Daleks with no traps? Sounds like Fun.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 02:32:30 pm »

I have no ideas about the extra mods, if possible add a little to what they add in the description.

As far as people are concerned it looks like you have 4-5 who will give it a run which is enough to get the ball rolling imo, extras will join soon enough, if not, then it will mean that we get to go again faster which sort of suits the fort anyway, seeing, especially early on, there won't be that many overlords.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 07:25:25 pm »

Going to need to have a little bit of a wait time so that DFhack can update, as the SCP mod uses it.  In the meantime, what should we name the fort?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7