Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435491 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #2370 on: December 09, 2014, 12:12:42 am »

*Patiently waits for warnings*

No, see, it's cause I'm closer to all the bullshit in America, so it's easier to see.

One of the great things of America is that it has a high literacy rate (not that stupid recorded one that is "can your read on the level you are supposed to...) and we invented the internet. Tie those two things together, and have America invent Google, and you can find out stuff on other countries easily!

Yeah, Britain has fucked up, but trying to compare thousands of years of history of existing to hundreds of years is rather stupid. Plus, that was in terms of 'where I would want to live', again. Britain has less wage discrepancy, better healthcare, everyone has (different from place to place so there's a variety) accents I can giggle at like an American.

Google (american) seems to think that Wage Discrepancy is the Gender pay gap, so so do I. You must remember that, even if 10k men had the exact same, or even lower, pay than 10k women, one male Ceo would change the statistics to make it look like all men got thousands more. Statistics work like that.

Healthcare is kind of hard to compare. America has the best health technology, which is pretty much not disputed, the main complaints are how that gets to people. Are you about to pretend you know anything about the healthcare system that wasn't yelled at you by some pro/anti Obomacare advocate? Did you even know anything about our healthcare system before that?

America has accents too. There you go, judging by a different standard again. I live in a state with a different accent then a few states away. America has more accents than England does!

And yes, I consider dead babies to be somewhat more important in terms of 'things you do not want' as compared to 'not having excess material wealth in the hands of the very few and exceedingly rich'.

Wikipedia tells me that the US has lower infant mortality rates than the UK. Well, a lower rate, it has more because we have a lot more people.  So you are outright lying to me. And what is wrong with people having material wealth? Does rich people existing make the stuff you have any less valuable?

And other countries have it(all of the bad shit), but I really really doubt that America is leading the charge to equality.

Then who is? America is the one who had the civil rights movement. America is the one who has a black president. America is the one who lead the world in equality so far. Everywhere else is more racist, but America was the first place to really show it. No matter how you look at it, Japan, for example, is more racist than America. Japan simply doesn't have a lot of races, the country never expedience many of the things that America has that pushed it forward.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2371 on: December 09, 2014, 12:20:06 am »

Yeah, this should probably be moved to a different thread at this point. Go and do Stirk! Make a new thread for this!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: December 09, 2014, 12:24:58 am »

Yeah, this should probably be moved to a different thread at this point. Go and do Stirk! Make a new thread for this!

Seems like a lot of work. We all know I am just doing this to troll RPG

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: December 09, 2014, 12:26:21 am »

Regarding what Stirk said earlier to my comment about "all men":
I think that using that term to say "all of humanity" is wrong because what it's literally saying is "all adult males", which is not all of humanity. And when America said freedom for "all men" they enforced that, minus extending that freedom to all non-white men, thus making it all "white-male". In the end, all countries make mistakes, and we need to work together as all of humanity to fix them.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: December 09, 2014, 12:26:56 am »

America is the one who has a black president. America is the one who lead the world in equality so far.
Iceland has a lesbian president which leads me to think that they're more for equality than America. They don't have a lot of black people but I think that has more to do with the fact that they're neither an African country nor rich enough to attract lots of migrants/buy slaves.

In the end, all countries make mistakes, and we need to work together as all of humanity to fix them.
No offence, but that's some of the most diabetes-inducing hippy talk I've ever heard. It's true, yes, but still.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:30:39 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2375 on: December 09, 2014, 12:30:29 am »

Meh, politic debates aren't my thing. My main interest in the differences between countries is which ones have the most beautiful or fun locations to visit.

Can't you guys inspire me with some debates on the best vacation spots instead :P
Come to Canadia, the ice wastes are very nice this time of year.
And free health care for when your fingers freeze off!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: December 09, 2014, 12:32:02 am »

Meh, politic debates aren't my thing. My main interest in the differences between countries is which ones have the most beautiful or fun locations to visit.

Can't you guys inspire me with some debates on the best vacation spots instead :P.
Come to Australia.....
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: December 09, 2014, 12:33:01 am »

In the end, all countries make mistakes, and we need to work together as all of humanity to fix them.
No offence, but that's some of the most diabetes-inducing hippy talk I've ever heard. It's true, yes, but still.
Yeah, I guess it kind of is, sorry.

Now that I think about it, all politics really suck. Maybe we should just drop this conversation.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: December 09, 2014, 12:36:07 am »

Going to the gym now so I'll just leave it at this: the best government, when done correctly/perfectly, is an absolute monarchy.

*mic drop*

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: December 09, 2014, 12:36:37 am »

You still going to make a spinoff Andres?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2380 on: December 09, 2014, 12:55:28 am »

I'm going to be busy for the next two weeks because finals are next week and are followed by a little vacation until Tuesday on Christmas week. I'll still try to update every day, but it probably won't be terribly punctual especially during the time between when finals end and the vacation ends. I also can't guarantee that I'll be able to check very often or get a good-enough connection (during the vacation), so let's try not to get into another major fight/event for about two weeks and a day.

A hiatus is not an option. From limited experience with assorted serial works, a hiatus typically signals author-side decay, slow or otherwise.

Price checks will be resolved after the tick update.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: December 09, 2014, 01:06:01 am »

Come to Canadia, the ice wastes are very nice this time of year.
And free health care for when your fingers freeze off!

No joke, it's on my list. Canada (Skiing), America (West Coast Beaches and Hawaii Beaches / Hiking), Japan (Sushi and Sake), Germany (Bratwurst and Beer / Octoberfest), Australia (Wildlife Stuff), Ireland/Italy/Britain (Because I'm a mostly Irish/Italian/British mutt of a man. Should I be more excited for Italian wine or Irish / British pubs? :D).

Those are just a meager few places I want to visit.

Best of luck as always KJP!
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: December 09, 2014, 01:11:30 am »

Going to the gym now so I'll just leave it at this: the best government, when done correctly/perfectly, is an absolute monarchy.

*mic drop*
* IcyTea31 picks up the mic.

The problem with absolute monarchy is that it is only as good as the leader. It rarely is done correctly or perfectly. In a democratic nation, one incompetent politician won't (usually) bring down the whole nation. But in democracy, problems arise when a majority only wins by a little, possibly disgruntling almost half the population. Maybe if there was only one choice, people would find it easier to get to an agreement, but that brings us to a full circle.

One can't say with certainty which government type is always the best, because every population is different. One size does not definitely fit all. Every form as its good and bad sides, and it should be carefully chosen, which of those the population wants and can afford.

If you want to continue, maybe take this topic to another thread? We aren't exactly playing God when we debate politics, are we?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: December 09, 2014, 01:15:35 am »

I don't want this to continue *takes mike*. From now on, I will try driving RPG into pointless discussions that appeal to less people. *throws mike into the air and shoots it with Mosenburg 500*. I am just surprised nobody tried to stop it yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: December 09, 2014, 01:59:16 am »

I'll still try to update every day.....

A hiatus is not an option. From limited experience with assorted serial works, a hiatus typically signals author-side decay, slow or otherwise.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We aren't exactly playing God when we debate politics, are we?
Wait, there's a difference?

You still going to make a spinoff Andres?
There's still a chance of it but don't hold your breath. The reason it's been delayed this long is because more really awesome stuff just keeps getting added to this game and I haven't decided on a point when I should break off. Originally it was going to be when I first died - the story was that war broke out between two factions of gods and you were caught in the middle after your god was killed (which began the war), now I'm thinking maybe it ought to have something about the Second Crusade.....you see where I'm going with this?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:02:59 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 350