Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 436027 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1755 on: November 26, 2014, 03:23:51 am »

the same power is still there...
That's the thing - fusion is described as increasing power beyond simple addition. 5 guns separate = 5 guns worth 5 guns. 5 guns taped together = (at most) 1 guns worth 5 guns. 5 guns fused together (not welded or anything. you know what I mean!) => 1 gun worth 6 guns

$$$
Price check on making a god fusion-capable
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:26:41 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 26, 2014, 03:28:19 am »

That's the thing - fusion is described as increasing power beyond simple addition. 5 guns separate = 5 guns worth 5. 5 guns taped together = (at most) 1 guns worth 5 guns. 5 guns fused together (not welded or anything. you know what I mean!) => 1 gun worth 6 guns

No it doesn't. Teamwork can increase the rifle's power much more then some stupid fusion can. When two riflemen work together, 1+1 can easily make more than 2. With one, even if he is individually more skilled then the other five, will loose unless the strength completely blows the others out of the water (As in, a single tank will still be able to take out five men.). Besides that, the Void outnumber and outgun us, we would be destroyed...
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 26, 2014, 03:33:32 am »

That's cheating! >:( We're talking about the power of the guns themselves, NOT their users! If we're factoring in the fact that the users of the guns have fused together, then it would STILL be better. Have you never watched every single action movie from the 80's? Remember Rambo? He's just one guy yet he can take on loads of dudes! That would be the effect of fusing people together.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 26, 2014, 04:11:38 am »

$$$
Price check on upgrading one of the Paladins with the 'targeted memory sender' trait. The trait allows for the sending if the Paladin's memories with Yaos as they are being formed. That is to say, whatever the Paladin experiences, Yaos experiences, but not vice-versa. This will not transfer the memories the Paladin has formed before the trait was gained. Patented by Andres/Yaos
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:15:05 am by Andres »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 26, 2014, 12:38:27 pm »

Those calculations were really damn sketchy, you know...
Kind of. When I say 'absolute minimum' I meant that that's the absolute lowest amount that all my calculations turned up. A more realistic amount using those calculations would mean a much higher fatality radius but I put everything down to the minimum specifically to counteract and minimise the sketchiness.
Uh, no, you guys were using population density. Which is pretty much bullshit. Because a crowded mall, or damage done to building that can cause them to collapse, or panic, will also factor it. Aka: how close together people are can't be tried to figure out an average from the living density of a country.[/quote]

Maybe instead of magic, it can be a secret branch of chi channelling? But besides that, it's extremely broken. If Paladins gained this ability, for example, they can become an infinite amount stronger because they are unaging. Instead of taking away years of their future, it simply ages them? I'd be on board with that. I don't even have to have Humans as my sphere! We're gods! We can do ennething! Remember, I made Telialas and Zephemural. Swords.
Um, no, we can't, actually, first off. The Void prevents us, if nothing else. Second, the square root of any number times 0 is still zero, so it wouldn't actually work on anything that didn't age. Or it would age them and so they would end up dying from old age eventually. Creatures with stupendously high lifespans would get less benefit from the ability, similar to how we get less worship from them.

Guys, we're in magic-land where we're gods, and jelly rolls are trying to kill us. Why wouldn't Fusion be especially effective in terms of sheer might? We aren't talking about guns anyway, we're talking more about swords; one swordsman who's five times as skilled, five times as strong, and five times as fast as each of the five people he's fighting at once will still win. Miyamoto Musashi was able to beat fuckin' thirty guys at the same time.

Or, you know, it's not taping them together, it's assault-rifle+assault-rifle=machine-gun, machine-gun+machine-gun=gatling-gun, and gatling-gun+gatling-gun=gatling-cannon(the type mounted on aircraft, you know?)

But, in any case, what you really want is a sweet spot between 50 guys and 1 super mega death robot. That sweet spot is probably right around half a dozen tanks or so.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1760 on: November 26, 2014, 12:53:04 pm »

I think the only thing stopping you all from doing anything useful about the Void is you (pl.). :P

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 26, 2014, 03:00:07 pm »

We're already this close to being a game of Mafia, and now the GM's fucking with us.

Great.

$$$price check on propagating Seraphim to 20,000
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 26, 2014, 03:07:01 pm »

The difference between this and Mafia is that everyone is a townie, but anyone who wants to is also a mafioso, either alone or in a conspiracy, and there are multiple agendas one could push, and even the townies are not necessarily as innocent as you'd expect.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1763 on: November 26, 2014, 03:23:02 pm »

$$$Response
Fusion-capable god: Variable, depends on exact pairing, case-by-case

Targeted memory sending Paladins: 2-3E, may have significant effects on sanity

Propagate Seraphim to 20 000: About 3E, I think

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 26, 2014, 04:00:19 pm »

So I need to spend Essence to fuse with someone or I need to spend a certain amount of Essence to become fusion-capable with each god?

Whose sanity? Mine or the Paladin's? Not sure how it would affect either of our sanities. The Paladin would basically just be live-streaming his consciousness and I'm not sure how that would make the Paladin insane.
If you're saying that I'll be affected I'll counter with this: I'm a god. I can MIND CRUSH people simply by giving them the same 100% accurate knowledge of the sub-atomic composition of a Human or anything else that I have and I can create an infinite amount of fully-fleshed out personalities in an instant with no downside whatsoever. The data needed to hold the information of a single extra consciousness would be like adding a text file to the Internet. Or maybe something even smaller than a text file.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1765 on: November 26, 2014, 04:12:45 pm »

You will need Essence to fuse with another god. The amount depends on a few hidden factors not open for reduction.

Your sanity will be affected, and if it's not clear, you are not the sort of god with perfect omnipotence, omniscience, and stuff like that. The Council taken as a whole more closely approximates that. Essence requirements are positively correlated with violation of natural laws, and you cannot give a closed system 100% accurate knowledge of its own composition and workings (based on some theorems? I forgot) for similar reasons to not being able to create a flaming fractal taco or something like that. This is by fiat.

Additionally, personalities don't work like that for biologicals. Personalities arise not from any single area containing explicit personality information but from the behavior of all the various parts taken together with changes over time. Of course, this may be a more fanciful setting, so there's always the option of bending or breaking things through Essence.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 26, 2014, 04:23:09 pm »

I think he means that inserting the livestreaming capabilities, combined with the knowledge that every time you do something, your God is experiencing it...(haha no more sex for you!)well, that could fuck with your sanity a little.

I think he means both you and the other god have to spend essence to be able to fuse.

$$$
Price check for making Arkanjel Palatino capable of detecting Void particles
Price check on making an Angel Detector array telling me when someone enters my plane or the affected area by the Angel Detectors
How many suits of Faultless Armor could be enchanted for 2E once the prototyping is done?
Price check on Godplate; a suit of extremely powerful invulnerable/impenetrable enchanted armor(when all the pieces are together...), that can be separated into it's various components(aka Helm, Cuirass, Left&Right Greave, Left&Right Bracer, etc. etc.), each of which is individually impenetrable in that location, and can create very strong magic armor that spreads over the rest of the wearer's body, as well as unique abilities specific to the armor piece(Right Gauntlet might let you create a powerful weapon of your choice, Left Gauntlet or Bracer might create a shield, Helm might give you True Seeing/enhanced perception, Cuirass' special ability is no special ability(as in the armor as a whole is stronger, in addition to the invulnerable piece covering the part of your body containing most vital organs), one boot might increase jumping ability, the other speed, etc. etc.), and as more pieces are worn by the same person, the collective power increases as more than the sum of it's parts, until you reach the full level of incredible strength and power of the whole set.
Price check on Perma-Death weapons; when something is slain by one, as long as they aren't a full-on God(which, as we've seen, nothing can make permanently dead), it's dead. No refunds, no revival, no rewinds. Of course, in the case of non-uniques, more can be made, and in the case of uniques, you can spend your shitton of Essence to make another one, but...
Basically it's Plot-Armor-Piercing. :P (of course, Armor-Piercing doesn't mean all armor, so extremely thick Plot Armor can still work...but 'dem archangels is done.)
Price check on Blueprint Blueprints(basically, a specific set of abilities or general idea of making things, so that the prototyping of individual things within the set is less expensive, but the initial cost doesn't give you anything, and you'd have to make several before it became efficient).
Price check on Bloodworkers(super-good blood/ritual mages(NO SACRIFICES DAMN YOU), use blood for divination, fighting, communication, healing, extremely powerful regenerative abilities(as in, you cut them in half, they go into Final Form with all that new blood everywhere; sharp weapons are not the appropriate ones to use))
Price check on making an Administrative Archangel
Price check on attuning Ophanim to Elemental magic

How many different magicks can a single person/race be attuned to at the same time before efficiency is lost?
Approximately how many people follow me currently, and is my faith still spreading?
Have any of those Good cities been built yet?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 26, 2014, 04:46:43 pm »

$$$Respons
Rolepgeek: Knights of Humanity: Probably make it more expensive agingwise? I wouldn't mind giving up a few minutes of my own lifespan for guaranteed neutralization of some thugs in a few seconds, for example. It would even have fewer moving parts to confound things such as hidden weapons and the like if it results in a boost fourfold to speed, strength, and toughness.
What about quartic root of aging, as well as a set increase in rate of aging(though they'd probably be remarkably fit for their 'age')? They'd train at these increased rates, too, and it would be specific individuals who'd devote their lives to combating supernatural threats.

oh, yes, also, $$$
Price check on Magic-Eaters(try and use magic on/near them, they eat it, use it to fuel their own abilities. Create dead zones of magic around them. Like a black hole for ambient or activated magic, and the energy of the magic is used to power their own abilities, converting it into beneficial magic(magic that was already beneficial would likely be left in much the same form, so healing magic or simple buffs would probably continue to work, but things like fear immunity(they'd be trained to resist it anyway, and magical fear obviously wouldn't work) wouldn't really function, since it's negating a function of the brain and the part of them that's converting magic into stuff wouldn't be okay with that)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 26, 2014, 05:35:17 pm »

may have significant effects on sanity
That means that on the sliding scale of Sanity-Insanity, I might still be sane enough to register as sane. Moreover, there's only a chance that this will occur! That means that with enough dedication and innovation, I should be able to work on the idea to make it better and good enough for my purposes.

How about this, I restrict the livestreaming to things they actually do rather than things they think. What they sense, I sense, but I don't receive any of their thoughts or opinions or memories or anything. They don't livestream while they sleep either. Finally, all the information sent to me is filtered so that I receive it all slowly enough that I can process it without going insane.

Maybe I should go for an Assassin's Creed type thing except I only livestream the knowledge of skills they gain rather than their full memories. For example, Desmond gains all the skills of his ancestors but also their memories. What if I made a filter that filtered out the memory part of it?

$$$
Price check on Yaos fusing with Azem
Price check on Yaos fusing with Joha
Price check on Joha fusing with Azem
Price check on Yaos fusing with Azem and Joha
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:36:59 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 26, 2014, 05:46:03 pm »

Hm. Remind me how the fusion of Lette and Vaal works? Do they operate via Geth style consensus?

Note: I have never played a Mass Effect game, but I have read about the Geth.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 350