Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 436082 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1710 on: November 25, 2014, 03:28:57 am »

And that is why I am not officialy chalenging the outcome. Not only this would glass the planet, it would also melt my archangel into slag.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1711 on: November 25, 2014, 03:32:19 am »

Would you prefer that I calculate for an explosion of 100% conversion efficiency? Perhaps without premature ignition of the built-up hydrogen or something? :P

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 25, 2014, 03:36:51 am »

Before I did the calculations I thought to chalenge the outcome becouse blast did not totaly obliterate the stone wariors and did not melt half of my archangel into slag. Now I know better. Though seriously, at density of 1 stone warior/1m^3 (tight formations are tighter than that) using the previous hammer size an innactivated hammer hit would crush 2500. The number seems too small for an explosion.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:49:03 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: November 25, 2014, 04:44:10 am »

This is all just reminding me of the time we more or less successfully calculated the explosive power of a soul. :D If I remember correctly, it had an absolute minimum lethality radius of 11 metres. The lethality radius of a grenade is 5 metres.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: November 25, 2014, 05:12:36 am »

Grauel gets half the Essence that went into creating an angel when he eats it. What about us other gods?

EDIT: Put me on stasis please. I won't be home until tomorrow or the day after.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:19:49 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: November 25, 2014, 11:45:09 am »

Total nuclear arsenal of Earth is 7000 megatons of TNT. Thats 1/6 of energy that should had been released by that strike. They would need to be spread out to other planets to dodge that.
As the initial strike hit, and the first few million atoms were annihilated, it would pour energy into the surrounding atoms and send them shooting away. Basically, the initial explosion would reduce the total explosion size. As well, pretty sure if you did release that much energy, your angel would die, period. And so would everyone else's. And basically everything.

And I don't think any of us want you to break the universe,
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:04 am »

This is all just reminding me of the time we more or less successfully calculated the explosive power of a soul. :D If I remember correctly, it had an absolute minimum lethality radius of 11 metres. The lethality radius of a grenade is 5 metres.
Those calculations were really damn sketchy, you know...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1717 on: November 25, 2014, 02:09:40 pm »

Andres: Yaos will be in stasis

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 25, 2014, 02:40:16 pm »

Price check on blood mages/Blood Templars, KJP?

People who get more powerful as more of their own blood is spilled, and can use their own blood as a weapon, armor, or shield?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 25, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »

Pfff. Yaos goes into stasis whenever something happens. Right after he summons a stone army...

Price check on blood mages/Blood Templars, KJP?

People who get more powerful as more of their own blood is spilled, and can use their own blood as a weapon, armor, or shield?

1. You forgot the $$$
2. You....don't know what "good" is, do you?
3. Do I even need to say this is obviously from Dragon age ::) :P
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: November 25, 2014, 03:06:59 pm »

I knew you would think it was an expy from something, and I'll tell you three things;

You've never actually played Dragon Age, have you?
I actually just really like the idea of a blood user, and have for a long time, just never used them for anything.
It'd be more like the powers in Deadman Wonderland than the Blood Mages from Dragon Age, if we're to be making comparisons. But in the end, it's not even all that similar to that, either, since it's more like making 'summoned' beasts out of blood, and using blood that's been spilled all over by themselves and other blood mages. Thus, rather unique. (also blood mages are used in a whole shitton of fantasy, bro)

Do I need a $$$? I didn't realize that. Apologies.

My whole character is meant to be social commentary on good, Stirk. The lengths people will go to for it, the odd interpretations it can have, and the self-sacrifice it can entail. Blood magic, if it can only be done using your own blood, epitomizes that self-sacrifice, and the idea that the more you try and hurt them, the stronger they get. Is the visual of it rather frightening? Yes. Necromancy, on the surface, seems wholly evil. But if you can get grandpa's corpse to help out with the farmwork so you don't all starve to death now that he passed away, I can't see that as evil(traumatizing, possibly, and you should be careful about stuff like that, family consent, no soul binding, etc. etc., but skeleton medics that can carry supplies to plague victims without transmitting the plague when they leave? Sounds pretty good to me).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1721 on: November 25, 2014, 03:19:53 pm »

You don't actually need the $$$ always, it just makes it easier to search. Stirk is just making an argument for the sake of argument...

Looking on the dragon age wiki for blood mage, they are only alike in the use of blood magic. And lots of things use that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: November 25, 2014, 03:40:56 pm »

Of course not.

It'd be more like the powers in Deadman Wonderland than the Blood Mages from Dragon Age, if we're to be making comparisons. But in the end, it's not even all that similar to that, either, since it's more like making 'summoned' beasts out of blood, and using blood that's been spilled all over by themselves and other blood mages. Thus, rather unique. (also blood mages are used in a whole shitton of fantasy, bro)

But I knew I could get you to admit what it is really an Expy of! Besides, didn't the Demons use blood to summon more demons? Already been done, though not with weapons, armor, and such.

My whole character is meant to be social commentary on good, Stirk.

And maybe that is why I find him so annoying and preachy....

Oh well, I would like to continue this argument you started, but I have to get prepared for the journey home. You know how much KJP hates it when you start fights, by the time I get back to it the thread will probably be locked again.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: November 25, 2014, 03:53:04 pm »

Of course not.
::)

But I knew I could get you to admit what it is really an Expy of! Besides, didn't the Demons use blood to summon more demons? Already been done, though not with weapons, armor, and such.
I'll admit Deadman Wonderland got me thinking about it again, but it's certainly not like it was the only thing that gave me the idea. Besides, if you watched it, you'd see my idea(which, yes, I know, I haven't elaborated greatly on) isn't like it in many ways other than using blood. For one thing, the blood multiplies itself outside of the body to provide material(though it's never quite clear whether it does that in DW).

Finally, KJP is a reasonable person, and obviously there's no need for a thread lock. In addition, I'm fairly sure he can tell by your attitude, the fact that you were the one to suddenly make accusations, and the smug way you're trying to get me in trouble for responding to your accusations, that it was not I who initiated this(though I did participate; sorry KJP, but this seems to be the status quo, since it still hasn't been resolved...).

I know you're busy, Kilojoule, but when you get the time, could you set aside a small chunk of tme so we could all settle this like reasonable people? If not, I understand(I can always set Stirk to be on my ignore list and just look at the IC things he says anyway, after all; I'd just rather not, since he's expanding his list of targets to people beyond myself).

Edit: Actually, a gift for Yaos, an idea I've had for a long-ass time and have used, and no idea what else uses it. (I suppose Dragon Age is similar-ish in end-result, but I'm pretty damn sure it's different enough to be consudered unique, though Stirk would of course disagree like always)

When you get back your sphere of Humans, make these guys with me, 'kay Andres?
Knights of Humanity:
Use magic that can compress their lifespans, causing them to age rapidly while active, but enhancing their powers proportionally(though probably by a square or cubic root; age 64 times as fast while fighting, become 4-8 times stronger, faster, and tougher). They don't gain their powers from anything but themselves, so in my head and the stuff I've built for them in personal settings, they tend to be somewhat, ummmm...racist...but that's not necessary. Knights/Templars that work by burning their own vitality; burning shorter to burn brighter. :D

Since they would only use it while fighting, even at extremely high rates of aging they'd probably only get at most a decade cut short if they were fighting constantly(and they'd probably use lower rates for sparring and such, too, and maybe they'd have magic to do something of the opposite while they're sleeping or something to compensate).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:58:45 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1724 on: November 25, 2014, 06:14:28 pm »

I'm kind of surprised no one has made a race with familiars linked to them.

$$$
A domesticated tadpole with coral eyebrows for the Sorae. It will be able to turn to water, and control its own body temperature. (Allowing it to turn to ice, water, and a cloud. Or just burn/freeze those who touch it)
If someone takes good enough care of one it will eventually sprout wings (making it kind of manta ray shaped) and gain the ability to summon storms/wind. It will also lessen its control over temperature but increase the effective range, so it can warm up/cool down an area.
If the coral is ever broken off it will lose all magical abilities until it grows the coral back, which will normally take between six months and two years.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 350