Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58707 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #540 on: March 02, 2015, 10:50:03 pm »

Taking a step forward Culpa swings wildly at the Night Hunter bat. "Do you need help captain?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 03, 2015, 01:30:09 am »

"Feckin' bats," shouts Ari, "Come down and fight like a gnome, you bags of rancid cheesecloth!"

Move and attack one of the nearer pair if still possible on my turn.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 03, 2015, 09:39:42 am »

Taking a step forward Culpa swings wildly at the Night Hunter bat. "Do you need help captain?"

"Give me a little bowshot when get the chance, Mr. Culpa." Osirio said spinning around, shield up, his flail not being used for attack but to ward off the bats swarming attacks. Deftly dancing around on the thin slab to avoid the bat bites-he felt like he was back in one of his fathers early training sessions, asking him when he would ever really need to practice fighting on top of a high, narrow beam...

"Thanks, Dad." He mutters.

Action: Total defense, AC +4 (AC now 17)

32/35 HP

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 03, 2015, 11:09:21 am »

Ava smiled her cold smile. At last. She ignored the creature's scrabbling at her armour and swung with more force than precisely necessary, both hands holding the hammer - she'd slung her shield to help Osirio get his armour off.

Obliterate the bat that dares attack Ava!
+5 to hit, 2d8+6 damage
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 03, 2015, 01:10:33 pm »

"In the batnads, Ava! Hit 'em in the feckin' batnads! Me old uncle Dimbleberry always used to say that's a bat's weak spot, in the batnads, Ari, he'd always used to shout when we was batbaiting, stomp 'em till ee don't get up agin. Course, he died fighting a direchicken to impress a woman, but that don't signify he were wrong about the bats..."

Whilst waiting, wave arms furiously to attract the cowards' attention.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 03, 2015, 06:53:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[15+5][DAMAGE: 4+1] You make a viciously accurate swing, well beyond the abilities you had formerly. It astonishes even you. Judging from the crack, you think you might have broken something in the bat, or at least fractured it. Unfortunately, it keeps flying. You could use a bit of new equipment, you feel.

"Give me a little bowshot when get the chance, Mr. Culpa." Osirio said spinning around, shield up, his flail not being used for attack but to ward off the bats swarming attacks. Deftly dancing around on the thin slab to avoid the bat bites-he felt like he was back in one of his fathers early training sessions, asking him when he would ever really need to practice fighting on top of a high, narrow beam...

"Thanks, Dad." He mutters.

Action: Total defense, AC +4 (AC now 17)

32/35 HP

Osirio focuses purely on not being hit, not bothering to attack in the slightest.

The bats suddenly seem a lot fiercer. It looks like they weren't entirely all there during the start of their onslaught, likely in a panicked state, since it seems like they're just trying to defend their home. But now they're serious, and panicked scrabbling has given way to skillful blows aimed to maximize injuries. [BAT 1: Tail 10+6, bite 2+4, claw 13+4 [DAMAGE: 1+4], claw 12+4][BAT 2: Tail 6+6, bite 12+4, claw 8+4, 5+4] The two bats on Osirio seem to fade into blurs of claws and spines and fangs, but through what some might suspect to be a minor miracle, he manages to deflect or dodge all the attacks coming for him. The third bat, gunning for Culpa, [BAT 3: Tail 1+6, bite 3+4, claw 2+4, bite 20! [3+4, no crit][DAMAGE: 2+4]] is hindered badly by a now very clearly broken leg. However, shrieking in pain, it manages to lurch forwards and land a painful blow, raking one if its claws across his face. The fourth, meanwhile, continues to chew on Arias, and rather successfully. The noble appears to have passed out, though the bat doesn't consider this and continues ripping at him. Fortunately, he's still breathing, but he'll certainly be down for a while. Also fortunately, the lantern stayed lit during the fall.

Renais, seeing his master so greviously injured, charges the bat! [RENAIS: Greatsword 13+5+2[DAMAGE: 4+4+3]] The blade digs deeply into the bat's body, with a spurt of blood. The bat releases yet another bloodcurdling shriek, clearly in pain. One might think it's begging for death. The second knight stalks forwards, glad to oblige. [KNIGHT 2: Greatsword 19! [17+5, CRITICAL HIT x2!][DAMAGE: (3+5*2]] With a tremendous blow, the greatsword meets bat-flesh. A sickening ripping sound comes from the wounded beast as the steel cuts it almost in half. It makes an attempt to scream once more, but it can't get air through its throats, instead giving a low moan as if falls, dead. You're suddenly very, very glad he's on your side. The third hurries to Arias's fallen form, and stands over it. He takes a readied stance, prepared to slice anything that so much as glances at his master.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:24:11 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 03, 2015, 07:19:26 pm »

Ava smiled her cold smile. At last. She ignored the creature's scrabbling at her armour and swung with more force than precisely necessary, both hands holding the hammer - she'd slung her shield to help Osirio get his armour off.

+5 to hit, 2d8+6 damage

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 03, 2015, 11:29:14 pm »

Ithy 5-foot-steps East, and Attacks the Bat to the South (+3 to hit, +2d6 damage).
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 04, 2015, 06:26:27 pm »

Ithy 5-foot-steps East, and Attacks the Bat to the South (+3 to hit, +2d6 damage).
[Rapier 14+3+2 [DAMAGE: 6+5] Creeping up unknown to the bat, you lunge with the rapier, thrusting it in front of you. It lands solidly in a fleshy path to several of the bat's organs. The thing shrieks in pain, but manages to keep moving, if painfully.

+5 to hit, 2d8+6 damage

Ava stalks forward, maul in hand. She decides that the bat hasn't suffered enough for attacking her, and so goes about exacting further pain. [Maul 16+5 [4+6+6]] In typical fashion, the hammer blow comes down on the bat, and when it comes back up, there is no bat. Just a fine dark red slurry.

Ari initially tries to make for the bat that was after Culpa, but soon notices that it's no longer anything resembling a bat. As such, the new nearest target is too high up for him to get to.

Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 04, 2015, 06:34:52 pm »

Ava nodded in satisfaction as mushed bat dripped off her hammer.
"Zhat is better. Now..."
She raised her hammer again.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 04, 2015, 06:40:46 pm »

Osirio let his guard down a bit, looking for the right moment to catch a bat off guard with his swinging flail. He wasn't sure how much longer he could dance around until they got lucky and injured him badly.

"Pests. Osirio hate the rats with wings!"

Action: Power attack slam, while fighting defensively
Attack: -2 to-hit, 1d8+4 damage, +2 AC (AC now 15)
27/35 HP
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 05, 2015, 01:26:20 am »

"Huurumph."

Wand of Cure Light Wounds at our horribly wounded prisoner-guide.

"Shall we come up there and join you cap'n? Although, you know, I'm being a bit rather terribly important down here, distracting the great bats, aye."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:20:19 am by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 05, 2015, 09:43:04 am »

"Just shoot at them from your lower vantage point, Mr. Gnome."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 05, 2015, 11:03:46 am »

"I'd rather not, good Sir - I had sworn to forsake all manner of ranged weaponry, you see, out of respect to me old uncle Fimbletilter, what was a bit dead at my hands fault of accidentally sort of perhaps maybe shooting the thieving gobsh-"

Ari glances at the reviving nobleman Arias and remembers his manners.

"Which he was a crook, your honour, but that doesn't as necessarily excuse my shooting him in the face with an arrer. Even now, even when I raise a bow in jest, me arms do tremble so in fear of his ghost, you know. And out of respect and all that."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 05, 2015, 11:13:54 am »

"Huurumph."

Wand of Cure Light Wounds at our horribly wounded prisoner-guide.

"Shall we come up there and join you cap'n? Although, you know, I'm being a bit rather terribly important down here, distracting the great bats, aye."
[3 DAMAGE HEALED] With a zap from the wand, several of Arias's wounds knit together. The man begins to stir in his unconsciousness, and manages to open his eyes after a few seconds. He's still badly wounded, though, and won't be doing much any time soon.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52