Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58699 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #525 on: February 28, 2015, 01:18:12 am »

"The Lords of Aretrian wore masks. There was a mask in my dream too, I think. Hmm."
Spoiler: Abyssal (click to show/hide)
Ithy frowns, and her skin writhes with shades of grey for a moment.
"What."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 28, 2015, 12:11:51 pm »

"Hm... I don't think I like being here if it will affect our dreams so overtly. The mask in my dream had a sword and essentially killed me. Maybe we should leave sooner rather than later. My god spoke with me this morning. He has granted me greater power. Perhaps seeing this demon is the right move."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 28, 2015, 12:21:54 pm »

"It will certainly be illuminating, I have no doubt of that.

Still, we do have some time to dally, do we not?

I think we should investigate those ruins that were pointed out to us earlier. There is bound to be something of use in those old place...also, I am curious, naturally. I want to test myself before moving on."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 28, 2015, 12:42:50 pm »

"You're the captain." Culpa replied after a small pause.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 28, 2015, 02:10:39 pm »

"Fine. I vant to crush something."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 01, 2015, 02:05:22 pm »

"You're the captain." Culpa replied after a small pause.

"Do I sense a hesitation, Mr. Culpa?" Osiro prodded.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 01, 2015, 02:10:34 pm »

"Things are just a lot more complicated than I thought when we signed up for this. If you don't recall, every time we've gone anywhere we've stepped right into a quagmire of issues. I'd much prefer to just do something simple but I get the feeling that we're going to end up making an alliance with the fort next."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 01, 2015, 03:37:16 pm »

Marshaling Arias and his allies, the party prepares to set off. One of the mushroom men offer you a goodbye in their rasping language. Oddly, you find you can understand the basics of it. You might not be able to carry on a conversation, but at least you can string together basic sentences. Must be another effect of the spores.

Regardless, the path there is once more uneventful. Arias makes small talk, while the knights remain silent and warily distant from the party. Renais holds his sword once more; it looks like Arias has made him understand just how bad an idea attacking you would be, given circumstances. Coming to the carved masonry exterior of Narasul, you search for a few minutes for the entryway, but you're instead greeted with a heavy thing of bronzed metal. It looks like it's only really possible to open it using a pulley system inside, but even if you could get to it, the ropes seem to have rotted and frayed away. The door is ornately carved with runes that you think make up the name in Undercommon. There's an abundance of hand holds, so you might be able to climb up and over using them and getting in via the space the door would be raised into. Alternatively, the masonry is crumbling away; you could search for a hole somewhere, or, if you don't mind making a LOT of noise, you could make your own entrance.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 01, 2015, 04:06:16 pm »

"Ah, well. It's always the door that's the problem. And if we lower it, the whole place will be alerted-whoevers left in here." Osirio says, shrugging. "I will climb up, and then lower the rope ladder I've been helpfully stowing in my pack, to a safe height. We should all be able to ascend more or less in peace then."

"Someone help me get this armor off." He orders.

Action: Remove my armor (30 seconds to take it off if others help), and climb the wall until successful. If success, lower my rope ladder down and get everyone inside. Put my armor back on if i'm not swallowed whole by something at the point.

+2 Modifer

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 01, 2015, 04:07:35 pm »

Ava nodded and moved to help pull his armour off.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 01, 2015, 04:12:23 pm »

"Clasps, my dear, use the clasps-you're trying to break my arm." Osirio comments, a trifle waspishly.

"I figure we could still shoot the ropes on the pulley if we wanted in and this does not work. Makes me think.

Why didn't they use chains on their gate? Ropes are easy to sever in a siege. Perhaps someone broke the gate already, then used ropes to quickly repair it...ah, curiosity, it will be the death of good Osirio."
Says Osirio, who's really not that good.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 01, 2015, 04:45:02 pm »

"Zhe clasp was stiff. I vas trying not to break your armour." She unclipped them, taking perhaps a fraction of a second longer than necessary. She pulled the armour off, and lightly (for Ava) tapped him on the stomach.
"Zhere. Go climb. I vant to fight zomething."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 01, 2015, 04:47:09 pm »

Regardless, the path there is once more uneventful. Arias makes small talk, while the knights remain silent and warily distant from the party. Renais holds his sword once more; it looks like Arias has made him understand just how bad an idea attacking you would be, given circumstances. Coming to the carved masonry exterior of Narasul, you search for a few minutes for the entryway, but you're instead greeted with a heavy thing of bronzed metal. It looks like it's only really possible to open it using a pulley system inside, but even if you could get to it, the ropes seem to have rotted and frayed away. The door is ornately carved with runes that you think make up the name in Undercommon. There's an abundance of hand holds, so you might be able to climb up and over using them and getting in via the space the door would be raised into. Alternatively, the masonry is crumbling away; you could search for a hole somewhere, or, if you don't mind making a LOT of noise, you could make your own entrance.
Ithy studies the door. Take 20 Search (+3), Take 10 Decipher Script (+3), and Undercommon is on Changeling's language list.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 02, 2015, 09:04:58 am »

"Zhe clasp was stiff. I vas trying not to break your armour." She unclipped them, taking perhaps a fraction of a second longer than necessary. She pulled the armour off, and lightly (for Ava) tapped him on the stomach.
"Zhere. Go climb. I vant to fight zomething."

Osirio *oof'd*, then smiled brightly, nodding to her.

"Anything to make you happy, mi vanima belegohtar." He ended in Elvish, going to climb the wall.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 02, 2015, 07:38:25 pm »

"Ah, well. It's always the door that's the problem. And if we lower it, the whole place will be alerted-whoevers left in here." Osirio says, shrugging. "I will climb up, and then lower the rope ladder I've been helpfully stowing in my pack, to a safe height. We should all be able to ascend more or less in peace then."

"Someone help me get this armor off." He orders.

Action: Remove my armor (30 seconds to take it off if others help), and climb the wall until successful. If success, lower my rope ladder down and get everyone inside. Put my armor back on if i'm not swallowed whole by something at the point.

+2 Modifer

[7+2][13+2][2+2][17+2][16+2] It takes you a while, with the first attempt being punctuated by a painful fall (though thankfully not enough to do anything beyond bruise). The second, however, sees you to the top of the slab. You lower the rope ladder down, after anchoring it on a protruding rock in the ceiling near you. Wouldn't exactly lift a giant, but it should be enough to get the party up. Hopefully, you add mentally, glancing at Ava's massive armor and hammer.

Ithy studies the door. Take 20 Search (+3), Take 10 Decipher Script (+3), and Undercommon is on Changeling's language list.
[12+3]You know the meanings of most of the runes on the door; some of the more esoteric ones escape you, but they're probably names, words unique to regional dialects, or just meaningless adornments. "Narasul" does indeed mean home of Naras in this sense. The remaining runes brag of victories against giant beasts and horrid abomination, save for a few marking it as under the rule of Queen Laariun. Your search doesn't reveal any hidden things, but you do notice that "Naras-" seems to have once been something else, the previous name having been struck out and a new name added. Looks like Naras isn't the original owner.
Your search, however, is cut short by an ear-piercing screech from the inside of the fort. Three dusky shapes, like massive bats, burst out of the opening. A closer examination would reveal they're night hunter bats. Either way, they don't seem to have taken kindly to Osirio's intrusion!

Getting in their assault before anyone else can react, two of the bats first rush Osirio, making eerie screeching sounds all the while. [Bat 1 tail 3+1, bat 1 bite 13-1][Bat 2 tail 4+1, bat 2 bite 18-1[DAMAGE 3]] Despite being unarmored, Osirio manages to duck and weave his way through the bats' onslaught of fangs and spined tails without a scratch, right up until one manages to sink their teeth into his flesh.
The third and fourth initially head for the unfortunate hexblade as well, but they notice the rest of the party at the door, gracefully correct course, and seem intent on warding them away from the door. Likely unfortunately for one of the bats, this currently means Ava. [Bat 3 tail 5+1, bat 3 bite 3-1] Perhaps predictably, the bat can't find any purchase on her flesh, instead only meeting scales. The other seems intent on harrowing Arias, who'd come close to the door, being the one with the lit lantern.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:24:47 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52