Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: Mafia Victory!  (Read 41510 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: D1: Histories of Scum and Town
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2014, 06:54:54 pm »

Is it typically possible for town to side with scum at least temporarily?

What do you mean?

Also, some playing advice for you: stop depreciating yourself and have some self-confidence. Yes, your play won't be perfect at first, but you'll learn. If you keep telling yourself and everyone else that you're really bad at this, though, you'll have a much harder time and enjoy the game much less.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2014, 07:00:35 pm »

Bluh.  Request Replacement IC, I'm swamped with stuff right now.  Sorry.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2014, 07:09:14 pm »

Bluh.  Request Replacement IC, I'm swamped with stuff right now.  Sorry.

Sorry to hear that; I hope that the stuff in your life clears up soon.

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2014, 07:14:50 pm »

My thoughts on the players at the moment are:
Scripten: Seems to be scumhunting, looks rather deeply into other's posts.
4maskwolf: Excused for the lurking, Unvote.
Kilojoule Proton: After the recent string of questions, He seems to try to fight back.
Illgeo: He is rather active, but not in the game. He also isn't pressuring or accusing people.
Salsacookies: I do have to wonder what his reasons for voting me are? He still has the random vote on me.
TheDarkStar: Nothing.
Worldmaster27: Nothing.

Kilojoule Proton:
To be honest; why do you ask that question? After all, Town wants to lynch scum.
But here's a request. If you have any suspects, name them. If you are town, do not give up. You can still win. play to win always. help us, for it might be the difference between town winning or losing. This day might, sadly, be your last. so come and state all your thoughts and opinions, hide nothing and drop the anvils. Your opinions will soon be revealed to be either scum or town. So please, state who you think is town and who you think is scum. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2014, 07:49:14 pm »

Jim Groovester has replaced 4maskwolf.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2014, 08:48:47 pm »

Give me some time to look through the game.

As an IC I will be primarily interested in seeing the development of good scumhunting habits. I'm less interested in teaching everybody how to find and identify scum. That will come with experience.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2014, 09:54:02 pm »

Illgeo: I do not actually know much about Illgeo. Suspicion: 3/5, Clarity: 1/5
Salsacookies: Cacti are awesome, but I have . Suspicion: 2/5, Clarity: 1/5
GayArchaea: Very active, possibly scum? Cannot say I know. Suspicion: 4/5, Clarity: 1/5
Kilojoule Proton: Seems like scum, judging from the conversational pratfalls . Suspicion: 4/5, Clarity 5/5
Eyjafjallajökull: Was inactive, then active, then inactive again. Suspicion: 2/5, Clarity: 3/5
Worldmaster27: Quite helpful, but assumed to know too much. Suspicion: 4/5, Clarity: 3/5
Scripten: Quite accusatory, but I have not attempted to empathize/imagine being subject's other lynch targets. Suspicion: 4/5, Clarity 3/5
TheDarkStar: Seems to have some tenuous correspondence with my later analyses. Suspicion 2/5, Clarity 3/5
4maskwolf/JIm Groovester: Really too early to tell, not enough interaction. Suspicion: 3/5, Clarity: 1/5

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2014, 10:31:02 pm »

Scripten: Quite accusatory, but I have not attempted to empathize/imagine being subject's other lynch targets. Suspicion: 4/5, Clarity 3/5

I find that it helps, when looking at someone's reads, to imagine you are them from a scum and a town perspective and see what kinds of results you can get from that. Reads from previous days are actually a really good thing to look over after some people have died.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2014, 04:56:26 pm »

Okay, I've read through the game. My conclusion is that there are a bunch of beginners.

Kilojoule Proton, yes, you're awful. This is a Beginner's Mafia. You're in the right place. Now quit moaning about it and instead play the game. Some things you could do to improve would be to concretely state who your top suspect is and your reasons for thinking that way. Your reasons are the most important thing you want to have, because to get somebody lynched (which is what you should be doing) you need people to agree with you. Good reasons are an obvious asset in making this happen.

And for the love of God, will you please stop caring about your appearance. Visibly worrying about how you appear is one of the scummier things that you can do.

Salsacookies, quit fucking around. Mafia is serious business. Who do you suspect and why?

Eyjafjallajökull, you're not special. You don't get to excuse yourself from low activity by saying that you're going to have low activity. Get in the game and play. In fact, I'm going to vote you to get you in here. Impress me with your activity.

Activity in general has been low, which I hope to see get turned around. Activity is a group effort, so I hope all of you will step up your efforts.

Because he is attempting to cause a lynch?

Getting people lynched is the point of the day game. That Scripten is trying to get somebody lynched means he is doing exactly what he should be doing as a member of the town. (Or if he's scum, then he's doing what he should be doing to blend in.)

The lynch is the town's most important tool to finding and eliminating scum. Aside from the obvious function of removing a player from the game, the lynch is arguably more important because it flips the role of the player who is lynched. This makes it an important informational tool for the town.

It is incumbent upon the town to make use of the lynch as best as possible; by using it well and narrowing down suspects by lynching them the game should hopefully become clearer about who the scum are.

Never intentionally.

KP, this leads me to believe you have a power role at best, so you're now a target of the dreadful mafia. A slip of the tongue perhaps, but do not reveal what possible information you have. The reveal, if it is as I suspect, would only be making a clear target for scum.

Surprised I missed this. I really dislike this post. GayArchaea, if you thought that KP was potentially a power role and had made himself a target for scum, why are you voting him? Additionally, why was a simple "Affirmative" answer all you needed to unvote?
The reason why I voted for him was mostly so that he would pay attention to the rather bad tactical blunder he made. The mafia could in fact have made him a target. Still I had no other pressure points to bring up so I may have been somewhat reckless in my votes. There is the chance that the information he implied to have was a ploy by the mafia. One should not be too sure about who is town with few posts being made.

I was initially going to question you on this but now that I see your explanation I see that your thinking is reasonable enough. However, I'm not a fan of using your vote in this method since it looks like you're voting him for having a power role.

Make sure that the message you are sending with your vote (or with anything, really) is the message you want to send.

IC text
IC voice

I suppose I should mention that I, unlike many ICs, make no distinction between impartial advice and suspicions.

But you guys are smart, so I'm sure you'll figure out when I'm doing one or the other.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2014, 05:31:59 pm »

Jim: Do you have any thoughts or advice on how others have been playing, that you want to share?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2014, 05:58:12 pm »

I already have. The stuff I mentioned to the three bolded names at the top of my post were the things I wanted to mention.

If you want to know how you're doing, you're doing fine, keep up the good work, 'atta boy, go get 'em, tiger, etc.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: N1: Everything in Moderation
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2014, 07:26:15 pm »

Vote Count:
<0> Illgeo:
<0> Salsacookies:
<1> GayArchaea: Salsacookies
<3> Kilojoule Proton: Scripten, TheDarkStar, Worldmaster27
<1> Eyjafjallajökull: Jim Groovester
<0> Worldmaster27:
<1> Scripten: Kilojoule Proton
<0> TheDarkStar:
<0> Jim Groovester:
<0> No Lynch:

Not voting: Illgeo, Eyjafjallajökull, GayArchaea

<0/3> Extend:
<0/5> Shorten:

The first target of the suspects' self-inquisition is summarily banned. About an hour later Toady posts in the game:

"He didn't do it. Also, now I've got to find a new moderator for the subforum."

Kilojoule Proton has been lynched! He was the Jailkeeper Mephansteras.

Night has begun. It will last until either Monday, October 20 at 8 PM EST, or whenever all actions have been submitted, whichever comes first.

Eyjafjallajökull is AWOL. Engaging replacement procedure.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2014, 05:34:16 am »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum has replaced Eyjafjallajökull.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2014, 09:08:56 am »

When you return the next day, you find that another of your number's names has found its way into the moderation log.

GayArchaea has been killed! He was the townie webadict.

Vote Count:
<0> Illgeo:
<0> Salsacookies:
<0> Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum:
<0> Worldmaster27:
<0> Scripten:
<0> TheDarkStar:
<0> Jim Groovester:
<0> No Lynch:

Not voting: Illgeo, Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum, Salsacookies, TheDarkStar, Jim Groovester, Scripten, Worldmaster27

<0/3> Extend:
<0/4> Shorten:

Day 2 will end Wednesday, October 22, at 8 PM EST.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:12:16 am by Urist Imiknorris »

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: D2: Dawn of the Majora's Mask Reference
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2014, 11:26:47 am »

Great... welp, there went what I thought was the scumteam. Of course, that kind of makes this easier, since I'm starting fresh. Let's see...

Salsacookies: I notice that you voted GA here. Do you find it an interesting coincidence that he died in the night?

Illgeo: You haven't been particularly active. I'm quite ready to vote you since this is almost exactly like the game we played together where you were scum. If you're town, I'd like to see you scumhunting harder. Who's scum?

Get to the less scummy of you later.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18