Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: Mafia Victory!  (Read 41516 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: D1: Histories of Scum and Town
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2014, 03:34:08 pm »

Well, it just a feel. Mostly about how much you sure that we lynch townie.

Eyjafjallajökull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2014, 03:42:03 pm »

At last I'm here! Sorry for not posting, and yes, thank you for not having lynched me already. (Bytheway Kilojoule Proton I'm offended, though yes, your logic is right, I think)

Dark Star
     "Eyjafjallajökull: Can I call you Eyja? Also, if you were a rolecop, would you check the person that everyone finds scummy or the less scummy person that fewer people suspect?"
  Eyja's good. So is a rolecop mafia or town? I'm playing the first time, so I may ask pretty stupid questions... (but nevertheless don't kill me for that!)
If rolecop is mafia - then I don't quite get the question, but if rolecop is town - then maybe I would check the less scummy one.

Worldmaster27
     Do you really want to know everything I've done in this half of the week? For I could tell...   

Everyone
     I'm gonna post not very often, but please don't kill me for thaat,... I will post though! I wanna play :'(  Shit, even this sounds strange XD  well... yes I'll join the discussion tomorrow, pardon  :)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2014, 03:48:12 pm »

Tomorrow, always tomorrow

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2014, 03:56:33 pm »

Illgeo: Fair enough, though it is still much more likely that we'll get town instead of mafia. However lynching town is not necessarily a bad thing. Let me quote the OP on this...
Spoiler: On D1 No-lynches (click to show/hide)
Though it doesn't completely apply to this, as we aren't talking about no-lynches, it still has some points that show lynching town is not the worse case scenario.

PPE: Eyja: Welcome, glad you could join us.

Let me start out by saying that, in my eyes, this was not the best introduction you could have given yourself. Your post boiled down to "Please don't kill me I'll post I promise!"

Stupid questions are not a scumtell, especially in Beginner's Mafia. You don't need to worry about that, and if someone does try that then I think that the accuser would be scum hoping to throw suspicion away from themselves.

On killing you for not posting often, well, that depends on whether or not you're otherwise active on Bay12. If you're active elsewhere but seem to be ignoring the game, that's lurking. If you aren't online often and thus don't post much, that's life. If you're making posts often without much content, then that's active lurking.

And no, I don't want you to spill out everything you've been doing.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2014, 05:16:50 pm »

Unvote Eyjafjallajökull for a show of good faith, vote Salsacookies because the dice made me do it.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2014, 05:32:34 pm »

Vote Count:
<0> Illgeo:
<1> Salsacookies: Kilojoule Proton
<1> GayArchaea: Salsacookies
<1> Kilojoule Proton: Scripten
<0> Eyjafjallajökull:
<0> Worldmaster27:
<0> Scripten:
<0> TheDarkStar:
<1> 4maskwolf: GayArchaea
<0> No Lynch:

Not voting: Illgeo, Eyjafjallajökull, Worldmaster27, TheDarkStar, 4maskwolf

<0> Extend:
<0> Shorten:

Day One will end Wednesday, October 15, at 8 PM EST.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2014, 05:34:43 pm »

Vote extend.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2014, 07:17:50 pm »

Sorry guys, I'm here now.

The game of mafia is a game of deception and trickery.  Place your full trust in nobody's words, but weigh them against what you know and what you believe.   Do not be stuck in your views, but constantly challenge them: always ask yourself why.  Why do you trust this person, why do you suspect this other person.  If you find yourself completely stumped, go back and read the thread: does anything stand out to you?   Is there anyone who seems to be avoiding notice?  Remain constantly vigilant, but remember that, town or scum, you must work with others to win.

Day one is a day for feeling out the other players.  Random attacks, particularly early on, are common and acceptable, as long as they don't continue to be baseless for long.  While the likelyhood of finding scum on day one is low, that does not mean that it is useless: to the contrary, it is considered by some to be the most important day.  Pay attention to what people say and how they act, because these things can be the basis of a case later on.

Remember to that the IC's are not above any of this.  We are not infalliable, we are not so far above you.  We have been around longer, yes, but we are not perfect at the game: nobody can be.  We will make mistakes, we will slip up, just as you all will.  Remember, too, that the only things you can trust from us are the things we place in our IC voice.  Mine, as you may have noticed, is the italic text.  We are just as able to be scum as you are, and just as likely to be town as you are.  We are players too, and everyone needs to remember that, IC and new player.

I'll talk to you in normal voice in a little bit.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2014, 07:45:40 pm »

For consistency, I'll generally use IC text when I either comment on gameplay mechanics, posting styles, or general help to people. For specific post responses that don't fall in these catagories, I'll usually use normal text.

Vote extend.

Extends are done in normal-colored bold. However, you're right in that we should probably extend.

Dark Star
     "Eyjafjallajökull: Can I call you Eyja? Also, if you were a rolecop, would you check the person that everyone finds scummy or the less scummy person that fewer people suspect?"
  Eyja's good. So is a rolecop mafia or town? I'm playing the first time, so I may ask pretty stupid questions... (but nevertheless don't kill me for that!)
If rolecop is mafia - then I don't quite get the question, but if rolecop is town - then maybe I would check the less scummy one.

Everyone
     I'm gonna post not very often, but please don't kill me for thaat,... I will post though! I wanna play :'(  Shit, even this sounds strange XD  well... yes I'll join the discussion tomorrow, pardon  :)

1. Town, because otherwise, as you said, the questions makes no sense. However, why did you answer that you would check the less scummy one?

2. Good to hear that you'll be posting.

to the contrary, it is the most important day.  Pay attention to what people say and how they act, because these things should be important evidence or a basis for a case later on

FTFY  ;D

Worldmaster27: I would probably go with accusing others too quickly with wild abandon. Would seem too blatent to me, but that may be what a troll wants you to think.

Random vote

GayArchaea
He killed Capitalism, lynch him!

Why did you ask no questions? As Worldmaster said, you really should ask and answer them. Simply accusing people gets you nowhere if you have no evidence to back it up. Also, random votes are less "You should die randomly!" and more "You should answer my question, and I'm voting you to make sure that you do".

Unvote Eyjafjallajökull for a show of good faith, vote Salsacookies because the dice made me do it.

Same thing here: You voted for someone with no good reason. Ask him something! Scumhunt!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2014, 07:52:39 pm »

@Salsacookies: Did you or did you not steal all the cookies at the Flaming Fox yesterday?

(I will keep the bold in mind for next extend/shorten vote, then. Thanks!)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2014, 08:40:41 pm »

KP: The idea is to ask questions that will get us somewhere...

What's your reasoning for directly voting for Salsacookies right after you unvoted Eyja? You don't need to keep your vote on someone at all times and it decreases the value of your vote as a pressure tool - it seems like you have your vote on him just for the sake of having your vote on someone.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2014, 08:44:00 pm »

Ohh. But if I unvote now, it might end up trivializing my vote even more. PBP Mafia seems to be far more complicated than F2F Mafia.

@Salsacookies: If I said you were a town cop, what would you say?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2014, 08:52:04 pm »

KP: I'm not saying that you should unvote - sorry if it came off that way - but you should give your vote meaning. Build a case, review what he's said, and pressure him with anything you found suspicious.

@Salsacookies: If I said you were a town cop, what would you say?
Not mine, but if you accused him of being town cop I'd say you were rolefishing.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2014, 08:54:25 pm »

Actually, I think I will unvote Salsacookies and look around for a better (re: less embarrassing) case in two hours.

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2014, 10:05:34 pm »

Kilojoule Proton, is there anyone you suspect at the moment? if yes, please state who?

4maskwolf, if you were town, who would you lynch d1 if you were stuck between two options: the player who makes few posts, or the player who makes many worthless posts?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18