Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: Mafia Victory!  (Read 41427 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: D1: Histories of Scum and Town
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2014, 10:23:03 pm »

Yes.
    • Illgeo: Rather helpful in clearing out some poor communication, but could just be good at scum.
    [/size]
    • Salsacookies: Nah, I just flip-flopped on this one. It would hurt my credit rating if I voted [you] again.
    • GayArchaea: [You] seem not to have known it was random accusations time (but to be fair, neither did a bunch of people, given that this is Beginners). This is cause for concern whichever side you are on (even if it is rather hypocritical, what with my being a newbie as well).
    • KilojouleProton: [You] are my best friend forever. [You] are so clever and intelligent and (Love dialogue, kissing sounds, &c.)
    • Eyjafjallajökull: For your declaration of at least trying to be active, I will let you out of the blamelens for now.
    • Worldmaster27: [You] seem to be unexpectedly aware of things. Do you think it is better to lynch inactives or actives?
    • Scripten: While I would give [you] another scornvote, it really is not good for my public image.
    • TheDarkStar: I instinctively want not to vote for any IC, but [you] do have an exception for the Dead Men Tell No Tales rule for guiding newbies.
    • 4maskwolf: I already flip-flopped on this one as well.
    • flabort: Seems a bit inactive. Hmmm.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2014, 11:28:08 pm »

Scripten: What oportunistic behavior or evasiveness have you found in KJ's post? If anything, he seems to give more information than needed

He's not made any effort to scumhunt, instead focusing on making timid pushes with no real weight to them. What's with the FoS? Why not just vote me?

KP, this leads me to believe you have a power role at best, so you're now a target of the dreadful mafia. A slip of the tongue perhaps, but do not reveal what possible information you have. The reveal, if it is as I suspect, would only be making a clear target for scum.

Surprised I missed this. I really dislike this post. GayArchaea, if you thought that KP was potentially a power role and had made himself a target for scum, why are you voting him? Additionally, why was a simple "Affirmative" answer all you needed to unvote?

• Salsacookies: Nah, I just flip-flopped on this one. It would hurt my credit rating if I voted [you] again.
  • Scripten: While I would give [you] another scornvote, it really is not good for my public image.
  • TheDarkStar: I instinctively want not to vote for any IC, but [you] do have an exception for the Dead Men Tell No Tales rule for guiding newbies.

You seem more worried about whether you look like a townie to other players than catching scum.

KP: There's a variant of Mafia called Kingmaker. In it, only one player per day is allowed to vote, and when they do, the target is immediately executed. Say you were King today and deadline was approaching. Who would you execute under those circumstances? (Assume you're town.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2014, 11:41:10 pm »

KP: There's a variant of Mafia called Kingmaker. In it, only one player per day is allowed to vote, and when they do, the target is immediately executed. Say you were King today and deadline was approaching. Who would you execute under those circumstances? (Assume you're town.)
I would probably maintain my Worldmaster27 vote. It is a bit difficult to tell who may be scum or town when most people are not even telling anything, and I recognize that I am poor at determining ulterior motive not just because of the text-based medium but also because of a natural lack of skill, so for the information I have available, displaying incongruous amounts of knowledge is the best indicator. What of you?

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2014, 07:11:56 am »

KP, this leads me to believe you have a power role at best, so you're now a target of the dreadful mafia. A slip of the tongue perhaps, but do not reveal what possible information you have. The reveal, if it is as I suspect, would only be making a clear target for scum.

Surprised I missed this. I really dislike this post. GayArchaea, if you thought that KP was potentially a power role and had made himself a target for scum, why are you voting him? Additionally, why was a simple "Affirmative" answer all you needed to unvote?
The reason why I voted for him was mostly so that he would pay attention to the rather bad tactical blunder he made. The mafia could in fact have made him a target. Still I had no other pressure points to bring up so I may have been somewhat reckless in my votes. There is the chance that the information he implied to have was a ploy by the mafia. One should not be too sure about who is town with few posts being made.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2014, 03:52:06 pm »

KP:
  • Worldmaster27: [You] seem to be unexpectedly aware of things. Do you think it is better to lynch inactives or actives?
At this stage, I think it would be best to lynch someone who is inactive not contributing to the scumhunt. Be it lurking or active lurking, they are not helping us. However, if someone who is active appears quite scummy it would be best to target them.

Could you elaborate on how I seem to be "unexpectedly aware of things"? I'm taking this as you thinking I have knowledge that would otherwise be unavailable to town and thus the reason why you are voting for me.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2014, 04:15:44 pm »

Scripten: What oportunistic behavior or evasiveness have you found in KJ's post? If anything, he seems to give more information than needed

He's not made any effort to scumhunt, instead focusing on making timid pushes with no real weight to them. What's with the FoS? Why not just vote me?

It's weird that you dislike both me not using pressure vote and GayArchaea using pressure vote.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2014, 04:36:57 pm »

It's weird that you dislike both me not using pressure vote and GayArchaea using pressure vote.

I dislike people playing timidly, but I was also asking you what you found suspicious about my play, but not suspicious enough to vote me for.

I didn't call out GA for using a pressure vote. I explained in the post you're quoting exactly what I found problematic about his vote. Please don't misrepresent my words.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2014, 08:53:13 pm »

Gonna unvote. Just had a very jolly mood that day, and I tend to be silly and stupid those days, because I think it's fun

Kilojoule Proton If you were a cop, I'd say i'm a saguero cactus. Would that put you in a prickly mood?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2014, 08:56:45 pm »

Worldmaster27 I believe bandwagoning and framing are the most important scumtells. They are the most dangerous ones, and are difficult to pick out
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2014, 10:16:13 pm »

extend

Bluh. I'll be with you all tomorrow, I swear.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2014, 10:59:31 pm »

KP:
At this stage, I think it would be best to lynch someone who is inactive not contributing to the scumhunt. Be it lurking or active lurking, they are not helping us. However, if someone who is active appears quite scummy it would be best to target them.

Could you elaborate on how I seem to be "unexpectedly aware of things"? I'm taking this as you thinking I have knowledge that would otherwise be unavailable to town and thus the reason why you are voting for me.
You just seem to know more about the details than a beginner would, which sounds weird because I am a beginner to PBP Mafia (too?). That, of course, makes you a bit suspicious.
Gonna unvote. Just had a very jolly mood that day, and I tend to be silly and stupid those days, because I think it's fun

Kilojoule Proton If you were a cop, I'd say i'm a saguero cactus. Would that put you in a prickly mood?
Yes, because it should be saguaro and it causes my spelling sense to bristle. :P

More relevantly, I have no idea how to respond to that. I spine for cactus-related roles, but the closest thing may end up being some sort of cactus cult.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2014, 04:58:11 am »

Extend
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2014, 05:28:48 am »

Day extended to 8:00 PM EST Friday, October 17.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2014, 04:21:49 pm »

So... uhhh... is anyone going to say anything?

I'm ready to have a KP lynch, but I would love to see more input from people.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2014, 04:30:36 pm »

KP: I've played only one other game here and a couple in meat space. A lot of what I "know" of the finer details is comprised of assumptions and inferences from reading a couple other games here. It may just be my Fast Learner trait showing itself. </reference>

My view my also be contributing to this somewhat as I'm looking at this as an experience to learn from and to, if I can, help others learn.

If you have any questions, you should ask them.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18