Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: fey mood - 50 stones?  (Read 2811 times)

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fey mood - 50 stones?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 03:02:29 am »

I accidentally caused the glitch in my fort just now and stopped it before it would become entirely ridiculous. Materials used were
zinc blocks
25 adamantine wafers (glitched here for a little time before I noticed it and interfered)
110 fb bone
rough amethysts
feather wood logs
marquise cut black opals
alpaca wool cloth
marble

the result is an adamantine battle axe.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 03:05:24 am »

PICTURE!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 03:20:35 am »

I accidentally caused the glitch in my fort just now and stopped it before it would become entirely ridiculous. Materials used were
zinc blocks
25 adamantine wafers (glitched here for a little time before I noticed it and interfered)
110 fb bone
rough amethysts
feather wood logs
marquise cut black opals
alpaca wool cloth
marble

I call shenanigans on you - the item material is defined by the first material collected, which by your list sounds like Zinc.
This is a blank sig.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 05:15:14 am »

Ooh, I never knew about that glitch. Exploiting in 3, 2, 1...!

Edit: That's actually a good way to get rid of hundreds of excess stone, right?

That.. or an excellent way to gain hundreds of excess megabeasts at your doorstep.
Excess megabeasts? I think there is something fundamental I'm missing here, I don't get it. Is it a joke?
Both.
Your fort's value affects how many megabeasts/invasions you get.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 11:15:36 am »

I understand that part, but how can there be an excess of them? It's like complaining you're having too much fun!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »

zinc blocks
110 fb bone
rough amethysts
feather wood logs
marquise cut black opals
alpaca wool cloth
marble

I call shenanigans on you - the item material is defined by the first material collected, which by your list sounds like Zinc.

You can call all you want :) My list was handwritten, I didn't realize to put them in the right order.

PICTURE!

Here you are.

http://i.imgur.com/Tax1uu8.png

the titan mentioned is a favourite of most artists in my fort, they can't get enough of telling how the titan gouged someone's eyes out or stomped on a goblin.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 03:13:18 pm »

Nice! Even comes with an image of itself. What's it's cost?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 03:27:02 pm »

I stand corrected. Nice artefact.
This is a blank sig.

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 03:40:41 pm »

Thanks, a bit over 10 million.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 07:46:30 pm »

I understand that part, but how can there be an excess of them? It's like complaining you're having too much fun!

It was a facetious figure of speech modeled after what StagnantSoul said, as a warning that getting rid of stones in that fashion could bring him closer to the FUN a lot faster than he might expect... can't believe I'm explaining this stupid off-hand comment. LOL

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 09:58:01 am »

It was a facetious figure of speech modeled after what StagnantSoul said, as a warning that getting rid of stones in that fashion could bring him closer to the FUN a lot faster than he might expect... can't believe I'm explaining this stupid off-hand comment. LOL

neither can I  :P
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 10:30:40 am »

As far as I know, the value only acts as a threshold. Once you exceed a certain value, you get visits from megabeasts. But *more* megabeasts with more value? I don't think that's how it worked in my forts.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 01:13:21 pm »

As far as I know, the value only acts as a threshold. Once you exceed a certain value, you get visits from megabeasts. But *more* megabeasts with more value? I don't think that's how it worked in my forts.
Its generally regarded that more wealth = stronger sieges. Now I'm not sure if that also applies to FB's, megabeasts, and other visitors. Honestly I'm not even sure if its true, but its generally accepted.
Pages: 1 [2]