Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: GREAT RIVER LEGENDS [3/3 playing] [0 on wait list]  (Read 24029 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: ADVENTURE [SG]
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 12:35:49 am »

((Since ice magic is really a combination of heat manipulation and aquakinesis, wind is technically air magic, and fire is a type of natural elemental magic, I would thing there would be more then three types inuniverse, just most are either undiscovered or forbidden for reasons. Ice would output as water magic and heat energy magic, with three of the standard elements, there probably would be a fourth of earth, not to mention the heat manipulation hints at a vastly more complicated circle of energy types based on fundimental forces, kinetic, energy from the electromagnetic spectrum, gravitational, and so on. Lets not even get into the quantum based magics that would be implied by those types since that would be effectively limitless, if there's a will then there's a mind, and if this is based like most fantasy worlds, that means a soul, meaning soulbased and aura based magics are possible, as well as psionics due to the will and mind, Due to the soul existing, that means there would be life magic and its inverse, with the mind bit, there would be emotion based magics, berserkers likely would have some control of ragebased for their frenzy attacks and some priests would likely use hope based magic in conjunction with holy energies from their respective deities to make people happier and recruit new worshipers. I honestly could go on for pages about this~ Restrictive magic systems are easily disassembled into something completely freeform. If you have Mana, you have all magic conceivable~ Likely most types of magic are unknown/lost/forbidden.))

((Apologies for the rant~))

Zalvik begins eating the bread, pondering why the bread has sugar on it and monitoring how the room feels moodwise.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 12:41:36 am »

((Just popping in to plop down a PTW))
Take a closer look at this text!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 12:42:01 am »

((Unless this worlds magic is based around fire, ice and wind, crating a balance of fire equaling one side of the magical spectrum, ice being the other, and wind being the space that holds the energy or negative energies, with everything else just being Dead, or simply variations of "fire" and "Ice", in this case, water manipulation would actually be a type of fire magic, since the water has energy in it that makes it fluid, like fire, while earth would be an ice magic, due to it's solid state. Air would encompass everything that isn't "Ice" and "Fire"))

((End Rant dissasembly))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 12:42:10 am »

"Of course I haven't. Why would I?"

((Is this going to turn into a debate on magic? If so why? We could just consider the GM as the god of this world and he says there are only three types of magic. So really there is no point in starting a fight. Let's just be friends.  :D)) ((Oh and hi again Lyeos!))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:47:48 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 12:59:48 am »

((Well, he already said the life and death magic was fine, so that implies that it's either forbidden or unknown.))

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 01:07:18 am »

((OK! Now that that's been resolved on to other things like dying horrible on a adventure! Yay!))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 01:30:07 am »

((Just wait till my character has an emotional breakdown~ It's going to happen, probably very often~))

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 01:47:43 am »

((I will warn you guys ahead of time my character is going to be a kinda nobleish a** sometimes. My character comes from a noble backround right or was his parents just rich? The reason i'm asking is because I don't think people let there kids get away with reading books inside all day in the time period that most fantasy games are set in.))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:50:58 am by Prophet »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 01:35:28 pm »

((Dang it guys, I fall asleep for 10 hours and you debate about the magics of this game. Sigh..... I am proud of you. As for the magics, fire ice and wind are the only three used because they are the only ones actually able to be made happen in the univers, each person has an ability to learn one of the three.
Fire- heating up the air in targeted areas
Ice- cooling the air in targeted areas
Wind- moving the air in targeted areas
There are no soul based magics though since these games are just for story telling purposes in the main game my friends are running through I will allow some leeway on that. But there is not "earth" magic because there is only manipulation of air [or at least the lighter elements in the air] and the manipulation of heavier elements has yet to happen. Since water is fairly light and made from elements in the air it is fairly easy to manipulate))

((He Also has an unreasonable fear of sand. and a pan, sharpened to perfection.))

"Because, my friend, Power is literally meaningless, The wizard could slip and fall, breaking his neck in the process, from a mouse startling him, does that make the mouse stronger, or more powerful?"

I sense the source of the icy magic, which is probably not me, Raising my pot and pan high into the sky as I summon my power to begin the arduous task of both finding the wizard with my radar like pan, and draining the storm into my pot.

The soldier laughs at your respons
You begin collecting concentrated cold into the pot. With the pan you can hear changing coming from the distance. Other wizard confirmed

"Of course I haven't. Why would I?"

The ranger looks at you then laughs," you're just one of those nobles that only knows fun in the reading. HA! You know not what life offers"

((Ya you have a very strong noble background, your parents fought tooth and nail to get to where they are and want you to do whatever you want. But they stressed being an intellectual on you.))

@kevak
(Sorry didn't want to post the rant along with this, also there is not mana or stamina measuring but magic is mentally exerting and melee combat is physically exerting)

The bread is sweet and the sugar only intensifies this. The other two people in the room are completely neutral, no mood either wich way
(Empaths don't exist in the real game either, though I guess the reading of emotions blah blah blah your characters going to be myth anyways so Meh)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 01:46:51 pm »

After the storm is finished I hold the pot in front of me, and release a pole of ice from it, long enough to hopefully hit the wizard right in the head, If it misses use my pan to break the ice off of the pot, then jump on the pole, sliding down it all the way to the wizards general location.

(For the record, I do know the Wizard could be miles away, but long shots are fun.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:48:24 pm by Shadestyle »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 01:55:36 pm »

After the storm is finished I hold the pot in front of me, and release a pole of ice from it, long enough to hopefully hit the wizard right in the head, If it misses use my pan to break the ice off of the pot, then jump on the pole, sliding down it all the way to the wizards general location.

(For the record, I do know the Wizard could be miles away, but long shots are fun.)

A pole of ice shoots out though it's very thin and dense. You here an old raspy voice shout in the distance, "oh shi- owwww!!!!!"
You slide down the dense pole about twenty feet before it breaks and you fall on your butt
There is a dense clear rod that is leading out about 30 feet down hill
You see a man in the distance, he has a hole pierced through his chest and he is on the ground screening in pain.
(The rod went clear through him)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: ADVENTURE [3/3 playing] [0 on wait list]
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 02:18:39 pm »

"If someone can sit around and read all day why would anyone want to leave?"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2014, 02:22:22 pm »

"If someone can sit around and read all day why would anyone want to leave?"

Ranger:"Well where do you think those stories you read came from? Imagination? No, they came from adventures!"

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 02:26:07 pm »

"Indeed and I celebrate their hard work by reading said adventures."

((Noble Jacka**ry confirmed!))

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 02:31:21 pm »

"Hey Guy! there is like a 90% chance that you are about to die, Any ideas?" Dissolve the ice into mist, freezing the hole closed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19