Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid  (Read 19225 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Prologue: The Siege of Horizon
« Reply #285 on: June 15, 2015, 09:05:16 am »

"No! You'll set the whole bloody forest on fire!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Prologue: The Siege of Horizon
« Reply #286 on: June 15, 2015, 09:26:46 am »

"No! You'll set the whole bloody forest on fire!"

"Would do the forest some good, Ethnon thinks," the mage says, walking about. Spiders did intrigue him very much. "What does the strange lady hear?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid
« Reply #287 on: June 15, 2015, 12:26:32 pm »

Kyle

Ethnon

Everyone else
The scuttling and scraping noises begin to grow louder and more frequent, along with  the faint sound of indistinct whispers.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 15, 2015, 12:34:37 pm »

Katoya tried to speak to the...whatevers...in Elvish.

"Ya auta eller? Mellon, ri' goth?*"

*Who goes there? Friend, or Foe?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 15, 2015, 01:15:11 pm »

The noises stop abruptly, as do the whispers. Suddenly, hundreds of tiny spiders begin coalescing around a single spot, climbing on top of each other until their shape becomes reminiscent of the shadow of a woman.

Voices seem to whisper from deep within the form, all speaking in unison, and this collective 'voice' seems vaguely feminine as well.
Ah, one who sssspeaks the creatorssss' tongue... Mankoi uma lle tula sssinome, bringien saura' gwaith a' lye essska?*
*What business have you here, bringing such foul creatures in our midst?

The figure glides towards your group, and Ethnon feels a hateful glare directed towards him, although the figure itself has no eyes to speak of.
Thossse touched by demon'sss taint are not welcome in thisss place.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 15, 2015, 01:41:30 pm »

"'Ksh-coiasira karna odd Mellonea, uma ron il-? Ro lye fight i' 'ksh-attackien i' ndor...er en' nir'. Amin uma il- ho, nor uma amin trust nir' il- en' i' hini... nan', ro has magha lye ikotane hae..lye naa n'uma foes en' lle.

Tul a seekien an meetien yassen i' Archdruid..."

*Dangerous times make strange nestmates, do they not? He helped us fight the Demons plaguing the land. One of many. I do not trust him, nor do I trust many not of the Kindred...but, he has helped us so far. He is no enemy of mine, and we are no enemies of yours.

We come seeking an audience with the Archdruid.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:13:51 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 15, 2015, 03:08:39 pm »

The figure recoils at the word as if it were a flame, hissing angrily.
The Master of Druids tries to dessstroy ussss! It sees us as an... unnatural thing.

It seems to almost sniff the air, and quickly glides over to Duncan, looking him over, curiously.
We sense a kindred ssspirit in this one... What could another creature ssso twissted by ancient magicksss want with the Massster of Druidsss?
"We have no quarrel with you, whatever you are. Leave u-" Arweth is suddenly silenced by the figure's "hand" over her mouth. As it pulls away, thick webs stick her mouth shut, and try as she might, she cannot pull them free.
Silence! Your wordss are of little import to me, lowly wizzzard.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2015, 03:13:48 pm »

"You know, funny you mention disliking the high druid. Due to demons killing the arch-mage recently, we need to go and try to stop her from expanding her zone of influence. Which would be bad for us all."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2015, 03:26:29 pm »

Katoya switched to common, then.

"...Could you please release my friend from your webs, oh Shadowspinner? She may have trouble breathing...

Also, as you have heard, we only seek to curtail the Archdruids growth in these times, and keep the balance. We are not on her side, nor against her yet-we are only on our side. We are not friends to you either, yet our ultimate goals this day are compatible-if the Archdruids power wanes, yours waxes-it is no more complicated than that. Allow us to go on our way, and perhaps we can serve you in this way, indirectly. If you instead seek to waylay us, you earn nothing, but our wroth-and if you should withstand it, you will have lost a potential opportunity.

You have nothing to gain by standing against us. Will you let us pass?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2015, 03:36:10 pm »

"Oh, Ethnon is not touched by demon taint, not at all. And Ethnon is also here to help!" Ethnon kindly explains. "How can Ethnon help you today?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2015, 03:47:18 pm »

Katoya
[[ROLL: CHA + Sitarist((Bard)) (7+8)]]
Your clever tongue attempts to decieve usss, creator...

[[ROLL]]
[[ROLL]]
Suddenly, Arweth is yanked upwards by her feet and hangs upside-down, several meters off the ground, suspended by thick spider silk. She attempts to use a fire spell to burn the webs away, to no avail. Larger spiders begin to wrap her in silk as she hangs there, helplessly struggling as the blood rushes to her face.
Your people have a sssaying, do they not? Doien uma il- risssa. In the common tongue: Actionss cannot lie. We will not hurt the guide... but the creator must prove it is a friend to usss.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2015, 03:57:17 pm »

"And why should one wish to befriend those who would assault and kidnap their companions?"

His bow is still ready, an arrow nocked but not drawn.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2015, 04:13:28 pm »

"And why should one wish to befriend those who would assault and kidnap their companions?"

His bow is still ready, an arrow nocked but not drawn.

"...She has the right of this. We have trespassed on her territory. What she calls friendship, is more like what you would call fealty, though it it not the same. A wolf shows it's belly to indicate subjugation-yet, in these lands, the wolf will not suffer for this, nor does he owe anything afterwards. Instead, he will often forestall violence by respecting his place in the natural order-that is the old way. If we wish to avoid conflict, we must show her the respect she demands...and, hope she will be content with merely that. It is a precarious balance. If she demands too much, we resist, and all will suffer. Demand too little, and seem weak and ineffectual...

...So, what action do you require of me, Shadowspinner?"
Katoya says, cocking her head to the side.

((I assume by 'creator' she means Elf, which means me.))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2015, 05:54:07 pm »

((You would be correct in this assumption.))

Maruko
You can sense that if the figure had eyes, they would narrow at you.

Katoya
You ssspeak truth in these words, creator. The creator'ss companionss would be wise to listen to its wordsss.
The figure glides back and straightens itself, long slender hands motion all around it.
We hear much in these forests, and outside of them. We sssee even more than we hear. Hunters, with green ssskin and long tusssks, trespassss in Our forestsss. They bring a druid who prevents Usss from approaching them and they kill Usss and our kin from afar. Remove these interlopersss from Our forestsss, and We will let the guide go, unharmed. Fail Usss...
The figure glides up to Katoya and runs a spidery hand down her cheek, leaving a small trail of sticky silk.
And you shall ssshare her fate. Lye beth naa ilterendi.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:01:37 pm by AlleeCat »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 15, 2015, 06:00:35 pm »

Maruko lets out a slow breath, eyes narrowed, and returns his arrow to his quiver. Ridiculous, it was...and yet familiar...

But familiar did not always mean pleasant.

He begins putting his bow away as he waits for Katoya to ask where they needed to go.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22